W

wendydong1

Experienced
Jul 31, 2019
My dog, 14 year old, developed a head tilt for the last several days. He is my son. And he has been spasming and his whole body would tighten up and not be able to walk properly for like 15, 20 minutes.

Went to the vet, couldn't really tell anything. Says the worst is a brain tumor, but can't tell unless he goes for MRI, which requires anesthesia.

When he was like 10, I got his teeth cleaned, and he was a mess after the anesthesia. I just don't want to put him under anesthesia.

So now it's the regular blood panels for now. But I am guessing he is 14, almost 15, it's getting up there. He is having diarrhea more frequently, the usual medication is not really working. He now pees every 3 hours or so, can no longer hold his pee or poo. I clean the apartment of pee and poo everyday.

This year started out nice, but everything just turned on its head in mid July.

Maybe it's a good thing that my son dies before me? So he wouldn't miss and wonder where is his mommy?

The vet says that he feels very stressed. His blood pressure is on the high side. They couldn't even get enough blood for the full blood panel. I wonder if my stress is rubbing off on him.

Life is so sad

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: I'm exhausted, AnnaJaspers, Final Escape and 8 others
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
I'm so sorry, Wendy. You have been taking such beautiful care of your son.

Woodnote

Woodnote

Goodbye
Oct 23, 2019
I'm so sorry. It sounds like you love him a lot. He's lucky to have you.

Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
My dog, 14 year old, developed a head tilt for the last several days. He is my son. And he has been spasming and his whole body would tighten up and not be able to walk properly for like 15, 20 minutes.

Went to the vet, couldn't really tell anything. Says the worst is a brain tumor, but can't tell unless he goes for MRI, which requires anesthesia.

When he was like 10, I got his teeth cleaned, and he was a mess after the anesthesia. I just don't want to put him under anesthesia.

So now it's the regular blood panels for now. But I am guessing he is 14, almost 15, it's getting up there. He is having diarrhea more frequently, the usual medication is not really working. He now pees every 3 hours or so, can no longer hold his pee or poo. I clean the apartment of pee and poo everyday.

Maybe it's a good thing that my son dies before me? So he wouldn't miss and wonder where is his mommy?

The vet says that he feels very stressed. His blood pressure is on the high side. They couldn't even get enough blood for the full blood panel. I wonder if my stress is rubbing off on him.

Life is so sad
I'm so very sorry about your dog. If an animal is walking around with it's head tilted most likely he is in pain and something is very wrong. Why would you want to let your dog live after you kill yourself? There is something wrong with him now. MRIs cost a lot of money. Thousands of dollars. I understand if you have the money to spend it but this dog is suffering. The best thing to do is out him down. We are the ones that they rely on when they suffering. And we owe it to them to see that they're out of pain. We have to be selfless when it comes to that. You don't want your dog to live like this do you? The best thing is to put him down. I'm so very sorry. He lived a very long and I'm sure wonderful life knowing how much you love him.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
It sounds like he is in pain. Fourteen years is a great age for any dog. I suspect it may be time to let him go.
It would be the last and deepest expression of love you can give him.

TearyEyedQueen

TearyEyedQueen

In the wrong timeline
Nov 14, 2019
I'm very sorry. At least you'll have happy memories with him. He lived a happy life with you :')

SoupSnakes

SoupSnakes

Experienced
Nov 11, 2019
I'm so so sorry to hear this for you. My thoughts are with you and your precious boy x

Moonicide

Moonicide

ᴘʜᴀꜱᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ
Nov 19, 2019
Sending lots of love and support to both you and your son. :heart:

W

wendydong1

Experienced
Jul 31, 2019
My dog does not have brain tumor. He has multiple herniated discs in his neck and something called old dog syndrome. Old dog syndrome is something dogs get for reasons unknown to us.

The night before I took my dog for MRI, I seriously thought he had brain tumor, because all his symptoms fit. And my dog couldn't walk anymore.

Then I texted my parents saying that they should come back if it's something serious.

I thought of course they would say yes. Because last few years, they have been visiting me and my dog every summer, and my dog has taken to them as well.

Turns out my mom said no. They already paid to go on travelling.. is travelling that important compared to see my dog and their dog as well maybe for the last time?

I said fine, don't ever contact me again.

The night before the MRI, my dog couldn't walk any more. I wailed and wailed and screamed at my dog to stand up...

Then I called him and wanted to scream hey, when are you gonna return my money. Then I heard some woman just laughing...

Then I realized ctb at his doorstep, he would probably just walk over my dead body and went on his way...

It needs to be more than that..

The fact that I am not talking to my parents is a good thing.

The bad thing is now I don't have a good place for my dog anymore.

I was going to leave my dog to my parents. Now my dog is sick and not walking well probably for the rest of his life, what am gonna do for him?

I think I have gone 100% crazy and even thought about putting my dog to sleep. But I can not. I cannot murder my dog. My son.

My lawyer has totally stopped answer my questions. I tried to look up the case number that he gave me online, but their government website always tell me the number is invalid. I asked my lawyer if the website I am looking at is the right website. But he never replied. I don't expect him to reply anymore. Last time I had some questions, ilhe never replied. I probably have been scammed one more time. He tells me that the defendant never showed up for mediation. But who knows because I cannot even look up the case on their government website...

I just need to figure out a good home for my dog

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: I'm exhausted and Woodnote
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
Knowing from personal experience how herniated disc feels, are you sure that your dog is not in pain?

W

wendydong1

Experienced
Jul 31, 2019
Knowing from personal experience how herniated disc feels, are you sure that your dog is not in pain?
He is in pain. He would randomly yelp in pain. And his whole body would tighten and couldn't move.

But what can I do? The doctor says that the surgery is too much at his age, and it would be too dangerous, plus he has multiple herniated discs

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
He is in pain. He would randomly yelp in pain. And his whole body would tighten and couldn't move.

But what can I do? The doctor says that the surgery is too much at his age, and it would be too dangerous, plus he has multiple herniated discs
It seems ironic that we are talking about the quality of life of your pet on a forum like this. If a dog has pain like a human with the same condition, I can tell you it is a horrible pain, regardless of whether you are standing or lying down. It's like being electrocuted every few minutes

Reactions: justwhy?
justwhy?

justwhy?

Student
Sep 27, 2019
It sounds like he is in pain. Fourteen years is a great age for any dog. I suspect it may be time to let him go.
It would be the last and deepest expression of love you can give him.

Agreed. Quality > quantity.

J

Johnny23

Dec 5, 2019

Life is so sad

I feel with you .. sorry ...

W

wendydong1

Experienced
Jul 31, 2019
It seems ironic that we are talking about the quality of life of your pet on a forum like this. If a dog has pain like a human with the same condition, I can tell you it is a horrible pain, regardless of whether you are standing or lying down. It's like being electrocuted every few minutes
Yes. Every couple hours, he would jump up from his sleep, yelp in pain, and his whole body contorted.
Agreed. Quality > quantity.
Still, I don't think I can murder my son..
Is he eating and drinking?
Yes. He is loaded on muscle relaxant, opioid, sterioid.

Last edited:
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
Yes. Every couple hours, he would jump up from his sleep, yelp in pain, and his whole body contorted.
As a person with herniated discs and has it as part of his reason to go, you may want to think about his suffering as it is pretty awful. Sorry to be blunt but there is no point sugar coating it.