Plankter

Plankter

欠陥人
Aug 14, 2018
Everyone seems so concerned about saving peoples lives e.g. starving kids in africa but nobody cares about the conditions those kids will have to live in once theyre saved. If you even speak of founding an organization to euthanize starving kids in africa you will be called a fascist. Many people in the world have to live in conditions similar to that of a barn but nobody gives a damn about that. Everyone wants to save people from dying and thats all.
Just wanted to get this unpopular opinion off my chest.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Severen, OnlyMercy and 6 others
Plankter

Plankter

欠陥人
Aug 14, 2018
They, um, might want to live?
just like we can't force them to live (i.e. force feed them), we can't force them to die. We could open up facilities and send medical assistance to help those who want out. That was just an example to explain what i mean

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and therhydler
V

Vegrau

Wizard
Nov 27, 2018
Idea of life is precious is a lie. Force fed on us since young age. People exist not knowing why. Live their whole life searching for it. Live their whole life trying to survive it. And for what? Momentary pleasure thats not pleasure but lie. Moment of satisfaction that only stretch out our emptiness. Forcing us to look for more. Consuming everything around us. Until nothing is left. What a joke.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Zzzzz, GiveMeNovacaine and 8 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I agree with your statement. Most of these organizations just want to look good and feel good rather than solve the underlying problem, which is causing those people to suffer. Personally, yes life is really overrated and most people's understanding of 'dignity' warped. If only people solved the underlying problems causing the suffering, then it would greatly improve the quality of life making people more likely to want to 'live', but nope, they won't do that because it's too costly, it requires 'effort' that they aren't willing to give.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Skathon
sadak_the_wanderer

sadak_the_wanderer

An appropriate painting
Mar 19, 2018
The first thing I understood about dignity is that when you have it, people will try to take it away from you.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, anelakapu, Final Escape and 1 other person
ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
The first thing I understood about dignity is that when you have it, people will try to take it away from you.

They attack integrity and respectfulness in the same manner.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Final Escape
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
Idea of life is precious is a lie. Force fed on us since young age. People exist not knowing why. Live their whole life searching for it. Live their whole life trying to survive it. And for what? Momentary pleasure thats not pleasure but lie. Moment of satisfaction that only stretch out our emptiness. Forcing us to look for more. Consuming everything around us. Until nothing is left. What a joke.
It is precious

Reactions: sif and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
V

Vegrau

Wizard
Nov 27, 2018
It is precious

Not when people keep trying to replace it. Replacing people in our life with another. By that moment life loses its worth. What kind of precious thing that can be replace over and over again? Not to mention the double standard regarding it.

Yes its precious. But its not when it can be replace.

Pegasus

Pegasus

Experienced
Dec 15, 2018
Well said.

Reactions: sif and Vegrau
peachesNpoison

peachesNpoison

Student
Dec 25, 2018
It's why I think people who consider themselves "pro-choice" in terms of abortion are massive fucking hypocrites when they're also anti-suicide, which they usually are.

Pro-choice: Every person on Earth should have the right to do whatever they wish to do with their bodies - regardless of age or circumstances - and should be assisted by medical professionals in doing so... unless it's to end their own suffering.

They also don't see that they sound exactly like their opponents on abortion

Pro-Life: I want to force you to have that child but after that you and your baby are absolutely no concern of mine.
Anti-suicide: just please-oh-please call this suicide hotline or do this therapy or ______ just to hang on another day... but after that you're on your own, Bub.

Reactions: sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and therhydler
V

Vegrau

Wizard
Nov 27, 2018
It's why I think people who consider themselves "pro-choice" in terms of abortion are massive fucking hypocrites when they're also anti-suicide, which they usually are.

Pro-choice: Every person on Earth should have the right to do whatever they wish to do with their bodies - regardless of age or circumstances - and should be assisted by medical professionals in doing so... unless it's to end their own suffering.

They also don't see that they sound exactly like their opponents on abortion

Pro-Life: I want to force you to have that child but after that you and your baby are absolutely no concern of mine.
Anti-suicide: just please-oh-please call this suicide hotline or do this therapy or ______ just to hang on another day... but after that you're on your own, Bub.

Their irresponsibility is appaling and abhorrent. Such disgusting creature are not fit to be called human being. Disregarding and ignoring other's pain and suffering so they can and must fit into their tiny little narrow world view they never gave thoughts about but simply follow without question. This life a joke their existence a joke.

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Everyone seems so concerned about saving peoples lives e.g. starving kids in africa but nobody cares about the conditions those kids will have to live in once theyre saved. If you even speak of founding an organization to euthanize starving kids in africa you will be called a fascist. Many people in the world have to live in conditions similar to that of a barn but nobody gives a damn about that. Everyone wants to save people from dying and thats all.
Just wanted to get this unpopular opinion off my chest.

Dignity > Life.

Reactions: sif