sadghost

sadghost

S
May 17, 2020
Fuck everything that I have had to endure, do endure, and will endure in this game called "life". I just want to stop playing this game - it's just not fun to me. Everybody keeps complaining about the game and then when I join in and say I want to stop playing, suddenly I'm selfish and crazy. Why? I'm just not having a good time. Maybe other people like the game more than me and that's fine, just let me stop playing?

"Maybe try another mini task?" No. I don't want to do anything in the game. I don't want to go to work - it's unfulfilling and boring. I have had coins and spent them in the store and bought my character some nice clothes and even changed some of my features. It was fun for a bit. There's nothing I want from the store anymore. It's all boring. Stop sending me emails about sales and showing me ads for the latest new inventory. I don't want it.

"Maybe go add some new friends and play with them?" I've tried. All we do is do the same thing in the same places in the same game - I'm so tired of it. I'm sure there's a lot of bots in this game, too. There seems to be a lot of them. Sometimes I feel like a bot, maybe I am? I've stopped accepting friend requests and invites, I think I'll play solo until the game ends.

All the mini-games are boring, too, or require friends to play with and I either don't want to or they don't want to. Also there's a pandemic in the game right now so the mini-games are really laggy and not wise to play.

Everyone keeps encouraging me to play until the end but the end is uncertain - the boss can come at any level. I know I'm only on level 20 but it's just not really that fun, how many more levels should I play before I quit the game?

• Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, ithappens, watchingthewheels and 12 others
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
Nietzsche once said that it is not suffering itself that causes misery, but meaningless suffering. It's all so pointless.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, ithappens, watchingthewheels and 6 others
sadghost

sadghost

S
May 17, 2020
Nietzsche once said that it is not suffering itself that causes misery, but meaningless suffering. It's all so pointless.

Right.. I know we're supposed to create "subjective meaning" but that isn't working out for me

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, ithappens, _Minsk and 1 other person
E

EternalDarkness

Jul 26, 2020
Its a rigged game. No matter what you do in the end you will lose and the game is not even fun until then. Too many fetch quests, too much grinding and P2W.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, ithappens, Superdeterminist and 1 other person
sadghost

sadghost

S
May 17, 2020
Its a rigged game. No matter what you do in the end you will lose and the game is not even fun until then. Too many fetch quests, too much grinding and P2W.

Definitely P2W :( All the updates suck too. The game gets worse the more that you play.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, ithappens, _Minsk and 1 other person
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Life is the worst game and this game plays itself and force us to watch the shitty gameplay

• Love
Reactions: WarmLaterHalfDay, _Minsk, sadghost and 1 other person
M

melp

Aug 5, 2020
Fuck everything that I have had to endure, do endure, and will endure in this game called "life". I just want to stop playing this game - it's just not fun to me. Everybody keeps complaining about the game and then when I join in and say I want to stop playing, suddenly I'm selfish and crazy. Why? I'm just not having a good time. Maybe other people like the game more than me and that's fine, just let me stop playing?

Everyone keeps encouraging me to play until the end but the end is uncertain - the boss can come at any level. I know I'm only on level 20 but it's just not really that fun, how many more levels should I play before I quit the game?

Feel free to make your own decision. The concept of good and evil is too great a metaphor. It does not exist and is too complicated to explain. (or I'm a little linear) Do what you think is right. After all, society has no power over your decisions. Give yourself comfort and let go of what's been imposed on you. Think what you want and consider your decision. Don't judge yourself in such a pointless way. Why do you think this was invented? It's just a way to control you. There used to be no cameras, no law enforcement before.

• Love
Reactions: ithappens, pthnrdnojvsc, sadghost and 1 other person
stationarymillennial

stationarymillennial

Aug 4, 2020
I don't want to go to work - it's unfulfilling and boring. I have had coins and spent them in the store and bought my character some nice clothes and even changed some of my features. It was fun for a bit. There's nothing I want from the store anymore. It's all boring. Stop sending me emails about sales and showing me ads for the latest new inventory. I don't want it.

Felt this one. It's all just the same shit over and over. I feel like it was fun in the beginning but now I'm just like, mmmkay. What's the point again?

• Love
Reactions: ithappens, _Minsk, sadghost and 1 other person
W3akCr3atur3

W3akCr3atur3

Empty and hollow
Aug 3, 2020
Right.. I know we're supposed to create "subjective meaning" but that isn't working out for me
Really feel the same.
I believe the only true meaning is to do what makes you happy.
But if nothing can make you happy anymore, then meaning is gone. Even more if you not only feel pointless, but life makes you suffer.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, _Minsk and sadghost
Fear191829218

Fear191829218

Jun 16, 2020
Super nice analogy! Maybe its like one of those running games, you die and then you begin from the start again? Theres just no end to it?

Reactions: sadghost
sadghost

sadghost

S
May 17, 2020
Super nice analogy! Maybe its like one of those running games, you die and then you begin from the start again? Theres just no end to it?

Oh noo if the game is endless then so is the suffering;-;

• Hugs
Reactions: Fear191829218
B

bigdog

Arcanist
Jul 12, 2020
Life is just complete scam

Reactions: _Minsk and Superdeterminist
W3akCr3atur3

W3akCr3atur3

Empty and hollow
Aug 3, 2020
You never know. If reincarnation exist, it most likely has no memory saving from past lives. So you have a chance to have a happy life.

• Love
Reactions: LittleJem
Fear191829218

Fear191829218

Jun 16, 2020

Imagine waiting to reach level 22 again till you finally find the cheatcode "sanctionedsuicide"

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk, LittleJem, sadghost and 1 other person
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Some people in the game say that the game itself has meaning and purpose because the game has a designer and so he must care about how every aspect and detail of the game pans out, right? Maybe, but he sure likes hiding himself from the characters he created, whilst telling them what to do and threatening them with this sublevel called 'hell' once it's game over for any of the characters, in old books found throughout the game. However, this is all just part of his 'mystery', and he still requests that his characters worship him, despite not seeming to care about their suffering.
There is also a slight discrepancy between the size of the game world and the actual center of action for the characters (the game world being billions of times bigger than the levels all the characters have to go through), but the characters are again told that this is just part of the designer's 'mysterious ways'.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, ithappens, _Minsk and 3 others
M

melp

Aug 5, 2020
Some people in the game say that the game itself has meaning and purpose because the game has a designer and so he must care about how every aspect and detail (...)

Try to show me some evidence of your words. It has to meet the scientific criteria.

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Try to show me some evidence of your words. It has to meet the scientific criteria.
I'm not sure I understand...
I was just extending the analogy of the OP.
You can't deny that there are religious people who believe in God (the designer), who say that he gives life meaning and purpose?
I never said I believed it myself.

Reactions: sadghost
sadghost

sadghost

S
May 17, 2020
Some people in the game say that the game itself has meaning and purpose because the game has a designer and so he must care about how every aspect and detail of the game pans out, right? Maybe, but he sure likes hiding himself from the characters he created, whilst telling them what to do and threatening them with this sublevel called 'hell' once it's game over for any of the characters, in old books found throughout the game. However, this is all just part of his 'mystery', and he still requests that his characters worship him, despite not seeming to care about their suffering.
There is also a slight discrepancy between the size of the game world and the actual center of action for the characters (the game world being billions of times bigger than the levels all the characters have to go through), but the characters are again told that this is just part of the designer's 'mysterious ways'.

Yep I wish we knew who or what the developer of the game is and why they created the game. Maybe there isn't even a developer. Maybe the game just... happened?

Reactions: esse_est_percipi and LittleJem
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
My bf told me about the hydrogen cloud that the planets ended up precipitating from. I'm not sure I am scientifically in the know about this enough to explain it properly. What I do know, is when we know the age of this planet, and the age of this universe, all these religions look very new and human-made. I personally (having spent a lot of my life now being stoned) believe in the stoned-ape theory.

I used to believe in reincarnation, and in some ways still do - but I'd rather not be reincarnated if I had a choice, which I probs don't.

Re life - I don't understand why it is illegal to take your own life. That is ridiculous. It should be everyone's choice. I would like a little cyanide pill.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, esse_est_percipi and sadghost
Fear191829218

Fear191829218

Jun 16, 2020
Re life - I don't understand why it is illegal to take your own life. That is ridiculous. It should be everyone's choice. I would like a little cyanide pill.

Well its not illegal to take your own life. Like you could always jump in front of a train or something. But its illegal to do it peacefully, in your own home and comfort, coz the gaming community might decrease, less ad sales, less revenue, just bad for business

Reactions: EternalDarkness and sadghost
sadghost

sadghost

S
May 17, 2020
My bf told me about the hydrogen cloud that the planets ended up precipitating from. I'm not sure I am scientifically in the know about this enough to explain it properly. What I do know, is when we know the age of this planet, and the age of this universe, all these religions look very new and human-made. I personally (having spent a lot of my life now being stoned) believe in the stoned-ape theory.

I used to believe in reincarnation, and in some ways still do - but I'd rather not be reincarnated if I had a choice, which I probs don't.

Ouu I never heard of the stoned ape theory until now, it is a very interesting one! Also I used to believe in reincarnation too, but now I'm not so sure. I too would rather not reincarnate, at least not on this planet.

It is ridiculous indeed. Making a peaceful exit illegal doesn't really prevent suicide. That's self evident

Reactions: Fear191829218
GonnaGoBye

GonnaGoBye

Will die soon
Jun 30, 2020
Life is a game where in there are more than 7 billion people making their own moves and not giving a fuck to what other people matter.

sadghost

sadghost

S
May 17, 2020
Well its not illegal to take your own life. Like you could always jump in front of a train or something. But its illegal to do it peacefully, in your own home and comfort, coz the gaming community might decrease, less ad sales, less revenue, just bad for business

Yep most of us are just forced to play because the top players rely on us for their $ :notsure:

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, ithappens, melp and 2 others