cityescape

cityescape

he/him ✰
May 11, 2023
first time posting, never thought i'd post on here but idk where else to vent about this

i just think it's funny how every professional tries to stop me from catching my bus but most of society (that i've seen) wants the LGBTQ+ to be "eradicated" anyways. how am i supposed to live in a life like this. like if y'all want me gone so bad i can definitely help but nah. they just want my blood to be on their hands and not my own like the fucking hypocrites they are.

(no one needs to respond to this i just needed to get this out.)

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: fkyou, Forever Sleep, rei71 and 11 others
oldfritos

oldfritos

BPDeez nutz
Jun 9, 2023
No I get it. Only recently have I really become comfortable with what I am, and just as it seemed queer folk were becoming accepted into society, some people just have to be like 'hold up, they're not like us and that's not okay.' The US is literally in the early stages of a genocide and may possibly get to the eradication if people like Desantis keep getting their way.

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream
TheHuman

TheHuman

May 31, 2023
I don't understand society, why in one environment do we encourage homophobia, and in another we only support the gays, etc. It is stupid as as all hell, i'm bisexual and I don't talk about it much and sometimes I drop the F gay word, and everyone freaks out, well I have ONE question. If we are equals then why can only the gays say the f or black people the hard R. Oh also for some apparent reason if your gay online (In my experience) your relentlessly bullied, but in irl you are "looked up to" for "being different". IF WE ARE ALL EQUAL THEN LET US DO WHATEVER ANY OTHER PERSON CAN DO. Like if a woman gets sexual assaulted everyone is very sympathetic, but guys? sorry your not important. Like just treat everyone the same is THAT too hard to ask?

Reactions: Message In A Bottle and Scythe
leftdreaming

leftdreaming

I should’ve been a house cat
Apr 28, 2023
I feel this way too.

Sometimes it hurts because when I do die I'll just be another statistic used by homophobes and transphobes on why my existence is a sin.

• Hugs
Reactions: ConstantPain, rei71, stareoffintospace and 1 other person
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Some are incredibly insecure and try to stomp out whatever scares them. Some are just an ass. Either way, nobody else enjoys sharing this earth with them. Small people trying to act large.
I wish I could pitty them but they just keep talking.
As Mr T once said...pitty the fool...if you can.

L

Lucilius

Student
Feb 15, 2021
I won't even be another statistic because people who cannot transition or cannot be in a relationship with anyone don't count as queer.

• Aww..
Reactions: leftdreaming
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
You are who you are. You do not need a label.

F

FadingFast2023

Feb 11, 2023
I am assuming you don't live in America, here we are celebrating LGBTG+ for the entire month across the entire country. The president of our country put the LGBTQ+ flag up in the White House. There are parades and celebrations everywhere, almost every major corporation has adorned their stores with flags and LGBTQ+ merchandise. I've lived in all parts of the country and have never heard a person say a negative word about LGBTQ+. I am sorry you live in a backwards oppressive shithole, but I recommend you leave wherever you are come here on a vacation VISA and don't leave. I've read articles about how LGBTQ+ can be treated in the Middle East but never imagined what it must be like to live in such a horrible place. Come to America, you would not believe the acceptance here ... Gay marriage is legal across the entire country, no company is allowed to discriminate ... even one baker thought he had the right to not bake a wedding cake for an LGBTQ+ couple and we completely destroyed his life, his business, and bankrupted him. Serves him right.

Lilythefenfen

Lilythefenfen

Exhausted of trying
May 8, 2023
I am assuming you don't live in America, here we are celebrating LGBTG+ for the entire month across the entire country. The president of our country put the LGBTQ+ flag up in the White House. There are parades and celebrations everywhere, almost every major corporation has adorned their stores with flags and LGBTQ+ merchandise. I've lived in all parts of the country and have never heard a person say a negative word about LGBTQ+. I am sorry you live in a backwards oppressive shithole, but I recommend you leave wherever you are come here on a vacation VISA and don't leave. I've read articles about how LGBTQ+ can be treated in the Middle East but never imagined what it must be like to live in such a horrible place. Come to America, you would not believe the acceptance here ... Gay marriage is legal across the entire country, no company is allowed to discriminate ... even one baker thought he had the right to not bake a wedding cake for an LGBTQ+ couple and we completely destroyed his life, his business, and bankrupted him. Serves him right.
Boss I don't know what part of the US you are living in, having moved from state to state, but we are living in a timeline in America where LGBTQ+ rights are being threatened every second of every day. From straight people demanding lesbians to expose themselves in front of the lesbian's children to "Prove they are a woman." to downright hateful and disgusting physical attacks on Trans woman. There is not a single day where I don't fear walking out and possibly having myself attacked all because I want to take my niece out for icecream and some religious asshole saying "I'm a pedophile and I'm trying to groom her."
Fact of the matter, LGBTQ+ rights are a difficult thing right now. If anything America is slowly getting worse and worse and worse.

Reactions: ferret-in-a-sock
ferret-in-a-sock

ferret-in-a-sock

Jan 25, 2023
Same thought. The part of the states I'm in the law is pretty anti trans and anti drag. When the thing you did already becomes illegal and your state passes a bathroom bill that's purposely vague...you keep your head down. My own state legislatures were saying "look, if you keep to yourself and mind your own and stay out of sight, then you won't need to worry. This bill is for those who don't mind their own."

Like senators, you're telling me, everyone else's discretion decides if I'm too queer to be using the damn toilet. I gotta just hope I pass the vibe check or be what? Arrested? Fined? It's too damn vague and they themselves said they don't know if it's going to be criminal or civil enforcement.

But I'm pretty much invisible. Most times I've gotten hassled, it's most people going "some city Northerner kid." Like I don't look fruity, I look like an accountant.

Honestly, these days, the trans/LGBT survival guides from 90s and before are relevant again. Gotta hide and use codes in some places.

I know it's a much worse story in Middle East/Asia/Russia. God help Russians, family sells out most of their LGBT. The law won't kill you there, your dad will. Heard too many horror stories.