FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I've always hated the phrase "life is a gift", it just comes across as so incredibly insensitive, insulting and just absurd, I cannot stand life worshipping and glorifying. Instead I see existence as being a curse, I have awareness of the fact that it truly is such a terrible burden having the ability to exist in this world filled with endless suffering, as that's all what existence is, just an unnecessary harm.

It's tragic how existence has caused endless amounts of torture to be experienced all throughout history and after all existence itself is the ultimate cause of all suffering and without existence one cannot suffer so existence could never be a gift. Instead I see death as being the gift as I believe we simply cease existing, to me non-existence means freedom, it's the escape and relief from everything and it's safety from suffering, non-existence is true peace for me.

Existence itself is the true problem, it's just endless suffering and senseless cruelty all for the sake of it that repeats in a cycle, this world where there is unlimited potential to suffer certainly disgusts me, I see those life is a gift type views as being harmful delusions as this reality undeniably is so hellish.

• Hugs
Reactions: cscott, Disappointered, saddestbunny and 8 others
DarkFriend.

DarkFriend.

Neverending Suffering
May 1, 2022
Have you always felt this way, or is there a distinct moment you can recall where your thinking began to be shaped like so?

I've seen you on here for years now, always posting these same tirades and comments and lamenting over life and I wish there was something I could say to help.

Hell. I've tried. But you're as resolute as rock in your outlook. There doesn't seem to be anything I can do or say to change your mind, or even tweak your perspective slightly.

I'm sorry that you haven't experienced a single enjoyable moment in your life. Not even a fleeting one...

And you know what's really crazy FuneralCry? I feel almost the same way as you. Almost. Like I get it. I agree on so many levels--but deep down, I just think that there is some sort of inherent value to us existing. Otherwise I'd have CTB already. Yes despite the suffering and despite the fact that this life is torturous for some.. since on the other hand, it's pleasant for others. Yes it has unlimited capacity for suffering but it also has that capacity for meaning as well. Perhaps it's more inclined to suffering overall though...

I just think that since this life is going to kill us anyway, why not throw the dice and see what we come up with? Take all the risks. Do whatever... I mean.. you already hate everything right? How worse can it get than that? Compared even death seems a pleasant invitation.

Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and slumberinflowers
synthcadia

synthcadia

dissociated angel.
Jul 8, 2023
i view life as the biological product of humans keeping their population up, kinda like how animals reproduce.

i guess since i'm kinda dissociated i view everything like i am an alien.

Reactions: cscott, pinkribbonscars, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 2 others
I

Immunitysucks

Apr 14, 2022
life can be a gift, the sicker i get , the more i lose and see how people do not appreciate life what they have

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake, synthcadia and Per Ardua Ad Astra
saddestbunny

saddestbunny

pastebin.com/xJuaSE0j
Feb 16, 2023
most ppl even those on this site don't even fully understand others pain

we are inherently only a part of our own reality and experience

just stare at ppl deadpan when they try and say the same stuff I've heard so many times. none of that matters if you're just chemically physically set up to fail and no medications work

none of this life is inherently good stuff will ever make sense to me. there are lucky people who are born fine. there are miscarriages, and then a whole spectrum of "unlucky" people that survived but are born with whatever negatives. different people life may actually have less worth intrinsically for them in their own mind because of their experiences.

a rich person telling a poor person life is good is so similar to happy people telling clinically sad people life is good

idec if this makes sense

Reactions: Letmedienow and Disappointered
P

pinkribbonscars

She’s lost control
Oct 7, 2021
i view life as the biological product of humans keeping their population up, kinda like how animals reproduce.

i guess since i'm kinda dissociated i view everything like i am an alien.
This!

All efforts of finding meaning in life are either to further the genetic fitness and survival of our species (hence suicide prevention efforts), or to distract us from the fact that our SI and evolution is the only reason we delay the inevitable.

I suppose one could view life as a gift in that they were the lucky sperm who got picked. Depends on your perspective I guess.

• Love
Reactions: leavingsoon99 and synthcadia
hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
What life is, is a nightmare and a punishment. This place is just for suffering, can't understand how can other prolifers can see it as a gift.

Reactions: AncientSorrow
L

leavingsoon99

I'm at peace... Finally.
Mar 16, 2023
Life is a slow death.

Reactions: Letmedienow
K

Kay567

Sep 10, 2023
Life is not and never will be a gift,you either continue for 80 years until you pass away or CTB early,in this case growing up old is worse,you get dementia,youre body is weak and you can barely do normal things without the assist of others

Reactions: AncientSorrow