• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

MsMaudlin

MsMaudlin

This is the fierce last stand of all I am
Dec 8, 2019
When I CTB at home, if I leave money in my letters will the police take them? I'm in the UK and have no trust of them

• Hugs
Reactions: mesohappy and WaitingAround2Die
W

WaitingAround2Die

Dec 12, 2019
I doubt they would, but perhaps you could leave cheques instead?

Reactions: autumnal
T

TheSuicidalEccentric

The universe is wonderful.
Feb 23, 2020
Leave cheques. Never trust cops

Reactions: UterEntonaur, Dear Flabby, Lostandfound7 and 3 others
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
When I CTB at home, if I leave money in my letters will the police take them? I'm in the UK and have no trust of them

Maybe leave cheques, or at least make reference in the letters to the amount of cash money left. That way it is less likely to go missing...unless they decide to take the whole letter and the cash!

O

Otter

Experienced
Feb 10, 2020
I plan to leave a bag on my neighbor's porch with a note to explain and letters already stamped and written so she would just have to drop them in a mailbox for me. I totally trust her. if I'm unsuccessful I will just go and remove them , if I can . I don't have any real ideas for you. I don't plan on leaving any money or Checks In them, just notes. I think the cops would have to turn it in and who knows if your wishes would be granted. Have you got any really close friends that know what is going on? Maybe they could send the letters for you.

Last edited:
Spinoza

Spinoza

Feb 24, 2020
I will not leave anything. All my money will go to whoever takes care of my animals.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I would hide the money and send delayed emails saying where it was hidden.

• Love
Reactions: mesohappy, MsMaudlin and Pinkdonut
Deleted-User-0

Deleted-User-0

Experienced
Jan 30, 2020
Maybe post them the same day if you are physically able to do so :(

• Love
Reactions: MsMaudlin
MsMaudlin

MsMaudlin

Dec 8, 2019
Would the Police take any letters I left?

WhyamIstillhere

WhyamIstillhere

Jan 27, 2020
Who are you trying to leave it to? Afaik if you don't have a will, everything you had would go to your family.

Reactions: autumnal
Comfortably Numb

Comfortably Numb

Feb 16, 2020
I believe any letters that are left in the Uk would be retained by the police to be used as evidence in the coroners court. The intended recipient is unlikely to receive them.

Reactions: mesohappy and Deleted-User-0
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Who are you trying to leave it to? Afaik if you don't have a will, everything you had would go to your family.

They wouldn't get immediate access to money in accounts, the will has to go through probate first. In the US, the money goes first to the executor for any expenses on behalf of the estate, then creditors, then heirs. It can take a year or more.

mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020
I plan to leave a bag on my neighbor's porch with a note to explain and letters already stamped and written so she would just have to drop them in a mailbox for me. I totally trust her. if I'm unsuccessful I will just go and remove them , if I can . I don't have any real ideas for you. I don't plan on leaving any money or Checks In them, just notes. I think the cops would have to turn it in and who knows if your wishes would be granted. Have you got any really close friends that know what is going on? Maybe they could send the letters for you.
I thought about doing that as well with a trusted neighbor,but I think she will speak to the police while they are at my house,and she is so honest Im sure she would tell them that I left the bag on her doorstep the previous night,and the police would demand to see what I left and take it into their posession as part of the"investigation".

Deleted-User-0

Deleted-User-0

Experienced
Jan 30, 2020
They wouldn't get immediate access to money in accounts, the will has to go through probate first. In the US, the money goes first to the executor for any expenses on behalf of the estate, then creditors, then heirs. It can take a year or more.

Do banks get notified and do they block accounts by any chance? I don't think the system is that robust.

MsMaudlin

MsMaudlin

Dec 8, 2019
I believe any letters that are left in the Uk would be retained by the police to be used as evidence in the coroners court. The intended recipient is unlikely to receive them.
Oh that's fucked up my plans as I had things for the funeral etc written out

Deleted-User-0

Deleted-User-0

Experienced
Jan 30, 2020

Do you have any idea about bank accounts?
Does police notify banks to block accounts etc?

MsMaudlin

MsMaudlin

Dec 8, 2019
Do banks get notified and do they block accounts by any chance? I don't think the system is that robust.
No, I took money out of my mums account for weeks after she died

Reactions: Deleted-User-0
mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020
Here in the U.S. I understand that the police take the notes as part of the investigation,and once the investigation is closed,then they hand them over to family.

mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020
When my grandmother passed away,she had a living trust set up with me and my uncles names also added to her bank account.My uncle was executor of the trust.As soon as she passed away,he was able to withdraw all the money from the bank account and close it.The home was already in trust so we didnt have to go through probate.It is still in our posession.Luckily she had no debts except for what she owed on utilities that month,we paid from her bank account money and I changed them into my name and paid them and property tax from there out.

• Wow
Reactions: MsMaudlin and GoodPersonEffed
WhyamIstillhere

WhyamIstillhere

Jan 27, 2020

Wow, wasn't aware of that. Guess I should have a better plan in place.

Reactions: mesohappy
Comfortably Numb

Comfortably Numb

Feb 16, 2020
Do you have any idea about bank accounts?
Does police notify banks to block accounts etc?
Sorry, no idea but I doubt it. The police have enough to do.
I'm sure that sort of thing would be left to the next of kin?
Oh that's fucked up my plans as I had things for the funeral etc written out

The only thing I can think of, would be to send letters second class post to whoever you wanted to write to.

Last edited:
Reactions: mesohappy
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
This is the sort of stressful stuff that you just cannot answer with surety so all the "I think probably stuff" is just a pile of opinions. Even if a law requires something to be held on to during any investigation it depends on the individuals. Maybe some friend or family finds it and mails it for you. Maybe an officer is kindly and does it for you. Maybe the police do send it on when done investigating if they even investigate. Maybe someone steals the money an shreds the papers. It's not predictable unless you can count on someone reliable to hold it and mail upon death, and most of us cannot. I have a packet of pre-stamped letters as well with instructions to mail them if I die. I can't be sure anyone will but just hope for the best. You said you were worried because your will and funeral instructions etc was in there. I'd put that in a separate packet labeled as such. One for letters, one for legal papers, one for wishes etc and clearly labeled. If nothing else it brings some comfort to be more organized and will be useful even if you don't end up exiting this way and something else happens.

Another thing you can do in many countries, if you fear your will won't be registered and enacted on, is to file it with a lawyer and put them as your executor. This usually is fairly cheap compared to most lawyer things. I was quoted $100 for this and will probably do it because worst case is my packets are destroyed by people I live with and don't trust and nobody would know. Since I don't have anyone I can rely on to hold until death I have to plan around the possibility. I think at least one copy I have meant to send out would make it to someone...but worst case scenario is I am discovered by a shitty family member who burns the lot and nobody would ever know my wishes.

*I don't know why I didn't think of it before, but I might ask the lawyer if they can also hold the letter packet to be mailed on death.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
D

Dear Flabby

Please listen to “Across the Universe”
Feb 20, 2020
I have a very low level of trust in the police. They have the right to take the letters for Inquest Evidence, and anything that goes missing from the letters would be impossible to trace.
I would rent a safe deposit box, and give a trusted person the key, if possible. Or, hide the key—even on your household key ring.
I have a few more ideas. PM?

BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Most likely, because they're evidence.
I believe it would be held for a while, but then possibly released? I don't honestly know. Like other people said, maybe post it beforehand or leave it in a will that people will get X amount of money from you.

TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

In the kingdom of th blind; the one-eyed are kings
Jan 24, 2021
I used to worry about what notes I should leave / leaving assets in wills / instructions for pets etc
I've taken care of pets (gave them to loving friends with excuses of allergies); my house / collections / money etc are in a will.
but what I think people should think / feel about me killing myself is a bit prosaic - will they ever understand?! doubt it. don't care.

& on the subliminal subconscious communication if the cops / paramedics will care enough about you / your communication: NO! NEVER!
never trust the police or the emergency services: you are just not that special.

case in point:
a friend of mine who tried to O.D last year was found and duly sent to the emergency room. She was really really out of it.
after she recovered in e.r she kept having weird flashbacks and discomfort to the point she asked for further physical tests to be done.
turns out she was raped by someone either from police or emergency services.
because she was under the influence she cannot testify / take it to court (she can lose her runway / magazine work - according to her agent)
the damage is done - how do you convince a girl who doesn't want to live / too afraid to die incase it happens again*.. to look squarely at her future without self-hatred? it really hurts.
when some of us went back to tidy her apartment - so much stuff had been stolen (including her illegal drugs) they weren't taken into evidence
as there was no crime.
*when she went to the cops she was told of another person who had photos taken of them while unconscious.

I guess the moral of my story is: be definite & do it properly - what you leave behind doesn't matter:

ps: those of you wanting to overdose: don't do opiates - I took enough heroin to kill an elephant but Naltrexone brought me back.
I have a d.n.r bracelet now. not sure I even trust that though...
I'm tryin to get my hands on SN (and the forgiveness of my sins & family... ha!ha!)