Desperate_Soul

Desperate_Soul

I'll See You Guys On The Other Side Of The Rainbow
Aug 26, 2018
While people fail attempts all the time,

I'm really starting to think that announcing on SS that you're leaving and CTB'ing seriously jinxes the situation.

The attempts almost always fail. I wonder why.
Maybe I send bad luck when I comment under 'goodbye' posts. :ohhhh:

Oh my gosh, I know why the last one didn't succeed!
It's because I just wished them 'luck'! Not GOOD luck! :ehh:

Last edited:
Reactions: NOISYMIND, SamK, Dani Paradox and 8 others
Caustic Cardinals

Caustic Cardinals

Enlightened
Sep 1, 2018
While people fail attempts all the time,

I'm really starting to think that announcing on SS that you're leaving and CTB'ing seriously jinxes the situation.

The attempts almost always fail. I wonder why.
Maybe I send bad luck when I comment 'good luck' under 'goodbye' posts. :ohhhh:
4ae

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, RM5998, Ben and 1 other person
Pointlessabyss

Pointlessabyss

Impulse will takeover one day...
Sep 17, 2018
Haha It's got me wondering wether I would do a goodbye post on here.. granted everyone is accepted on here as we are all like minded people and non judgemental.
But suppose people feel a sense of community and are just saying it out courtesy, so no one is left in the dark.

When I see the posts of the attempts I tend to stay away of posting GL etc on the actual post but I do wish them all the best ! Just helps me distance myself I suppose.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Ben, Nofaith and 1 other person
Pointlessabyss

Pointlessabyss

Sep 17, 2018
Maybe I send bad luck when I comment under 'goodbye' posts. :ohhhh:

Oh my gosh, I know why the last one didn't succeed!
It's because I just wished them 'luck'! Not GOOD luck! :ehh:

When my time comes please don't comment lol

Reactions: weedoge, Slacker, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 4 others
Bodylotion

Bodylotion

Aug 11, 2018
I won't do it anymore lol. I'm just gonna die without saying anything.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Ben, lv-gras and 2 others
Desperate_Soul

Desperate_Soul

I'll See You Guys On The Other Side Of The Rainbow
Aug 26, 2018
When my time comes please don't comment lol

Haha, hey now! I'll make sure to wish you 'good luck', not just 'luck'! :halo:
Apparently life likes to play games and assume that I meant 'bad' luck instead of 'good' luck!

I guess I'll just stick with liking posts. :happy:

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, RM5998, Nofaith and 2 others
D

Deleted_9cKnXB34QG

Mage
Jun 26, 2018
It's like someone else said - the people who are serious about it lurk here for a bit to gather info about methods and then they go and do it.

Whenever I see a goodbye post I'm like right... cya in a few days.

Reactions: bag.of.cats, blood orange, weedoge and 3 others
Pointlessabyss

Pointlessabyss

Sep 17, 2018
It's like someone else said - the people who are serious about it lurk here for a bit to gather info about methods and then they go and do it.

I lurked here for a week or two researched the methods then decided to join. Can honestly say you guys are great nice to be able to speak so open and be honest for a change! Maybe this is my therapy? But it still hasn't changed my mind.

Some people will be ready to go others won't and it will just be a cry for help. A lot of the members here seem to be isolated or may have social anxiety so this may be one of there only outlets! It's certainly help me unload.

Reactions: SamK, weedoge, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and 1 other person
lost illusions

lost illusions

bye
Sep 12, 2018
Poof like dust in the wind I'm gone no notice. Why stress

Reactions: weedoge, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and lv-gras
Q

QueenEtna

Gone
Jul 29, 2018
Yeah, If I was to go I wouldn't post a goodbye thread or even tell anyone I'd just vanish never to be seen again.

Reactions: Nofaith, lv-gras, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018

I'm gonna make a goodbye post just to spite you now! I hope you chuckle on my behalf when you realise I'm gone...

Reactions: SamK, lv-gras, Iwant2sleepforever and 5 others
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
I won't fail. I'm making a goodbye post on the night I ctb, and I am documenting my CO method the whole way through it, from when I light the charcoals, to when I'm in the tent with them. And I will be posting my goodbyes during my final moments until I fall asleep.

Reactions: NOISYMIND, SamK, Iwant2sleepforever and 3 others
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
I wish you well but I hope this isn't the start of a trend...
It will be nice to feel like there will be others there with me while I pass. I don't want to be alone.

Reactions: SamK, Iwant2sleepforever, Pointlessabyss and 1 other person
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
I understand that but let's not pretend who's suicide you're directly mirroring. Bandwagons in a suicide site seem like a very bad idea.

Still good luck, unfortunately I just won't be able to be online since I'll be in a forest lol.
I will definitely have a drink in honor of Zanexx on the way out. Why do you think bandwagons would be a bad idea?

Do you not have a cell phone you can go online with?

Last edited:
Reactions: Iwant2sleepforever and Pointlessabyss
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
-.- I just fixed it. I always do that because it sounds like Xanax. I remember how to spell her name.

Reactions: Pointlessabyss
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
I see nothing wrong with copycat suicides though.

Reactions: lv-gras and Pointlessabyss
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
I literally caught that right before you posted it too. Almost beat you to it. It's an easy typo to make.

Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Please don't lie, its not the first time you do it and you didn't catch it before at all. I just think heavy romanticisation of a real suicide may encourage some who aren't really ready to die. And since you're talking about such a fatal and peaceful method I don't like the thought of someone doing something like this without knowing the true implications, its a method that makes it very easy to push past survival instinct and as much as I'm pro-choice I believe many attempts are made in error.
I'm not lying. And I know it's not the first time I've done it. As I said, it's a very easy typo to make. Especially when you are spaced the fuck out. Zanexx is pronounced almost exactly like Xanax. I can just call her Callie if that makes you feel better.

Reactions: lv-gras and SamK
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
I'm not lying. And I know it's not the first time I've done it. As I said, it's a very easy typo to make. Especially when you are spaced the fuck out. Zanexx is pronounced almost exactly like Xanax. I can just call her Callie if that makes you feel better.
lol dude edit: truthfully it makes me sick whenever I read her name

Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
@weedoge why did you delete your posts?

satou

satou

not yet
Sep 3, 2018

It's one thing to think this, but another to post and say it in such threads. I really feel quite nauseous whenever I see people do the latter (note: not aimed at you personally). Why not just ignore it I think.

I see no reason to assume that people who announce their intentions and then fail to end their life (especially when it's obvious that they will not succeed) necessarily do it for attention.
And people who feel so lonely or bad about themselves that they need to act out failed suicides to get attention, it really doesn't hurt to send them a little love.

Reactions: lv-gras, weedoge, Taylored and 2 others
satou

satou

not yet
Sep 3, 2018
Also, there are often threads like these: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/my-story-anyone-from-asia.3519/ , this one is from user Tuan who appears to have hanged himself. And for various reasons like user post count and relatability that receives not quite as much attention and does not make a lasting impression in forum memory. There are other examples if you look for them.

Reactions: lv-gras, weedoge and Dani Paradox
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Shadow11 also announced that they were out of time literally right before they passed. I can remember others. I remember a few different goodbye posts. Anarchy posted goodbye too. And another thread by some guy who was going to a cabin to hang that night, and he never signed on again.

Reactions: lv-gras and satou