willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
i have a one year old kitten and leaving her will crush me. she is very attached to me and sees me as her person. i have a safe place for her to go when i leave but i will feel horrible leaving her and never coming back. she's a rescue so she's already been rejones four times in her short little life

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: rationaltake, SunshineAndSuicide, ClownMe and 11 others
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
i have a one year old kitten and leaving her will crush me. she is very attached to me and sees me as her person. i have a safe place for her to go when i leave but i will feel horrible leaving her and never coming back. she's a rescue so she's already been rejones four times in her short little life

You are a considerate person - your pointy-eared friend probably thinks the same :wink:

• Aww..
Reactions: Rational man
T

TheManIllNeverBe

Aug 3, 2022
I have two cats as well, both rescues, and they are a large component of what's keeping me here on this earth right now. They both love me so much and are so attached to me, that I can't bear to leave them alone and confused. I understand your sentiments 100%. So for now, I grit my teeth and deal with the pain of daily existence, for their sake. I'm sure there will come a time when the equation will change, and the pain will become worse, but for now, I'm mostly doing it for them.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: rationaltake, Sick of it all, ClownMe and 6 others
E

eldiablo666

Evil Always Prevail
Sep 25, 2022
Wait until she dies, cats can only be 20 years max

• Aww..
Reactions: Rational man
Al0neAlwayz

Al0neAlwayz

In the end, it doesn't even matter...
Sep 10, 2022
I am struggling with the same thing. I love them so much, it breaks my heart to leave them.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: rationaltake, onlyanimalsaregood, willitpass and 1 other person
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
Wait until she dies, cats can only be 20 years max
she's only one. i have no interest in waiting 12-19 more years. my dad has cats that are 13 and still doing very well

L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
It's good to hear that you have a safe place for her to go when you are gone.

Wormfood

Wormfood

I like people... I said it
May 23, 2022
Spend your remaining time with her...

C

Cronetappingout

Feb 13, 2020
This is why people like us get pets..... so we have a reason to live.

ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
I have two cats as well, both rescues, and they are a large component of what's keeping me here on this earth right now. They both love me so much and are so attached to me, that I can't bear to leave them alone and confused. I understand your sentiments 100%. So for now, I grit my teeth and deal with the pain of daily existence, for their sake. I'm sure there will come a time when the equation will change, and the pain will become worse, but for now, I'm mostly doing it for them.
This is what im doing with my dog. The thing I have going for me though is that he's quite old now so he most likely doesn't have many years left.

• Love
Reactions: 4am, onlyanimalsaregood and rationaltake
leeloosnow

leeloosnow

Warlock
Aug 28, 2022
i feel your pain and i am so sorry. i will tell you my own experience rather than pretending to understand the full extent of yours.
i rescue pet rats. i ave for about 12yrs now, started in canada, and i really turned it up to 11 hen i got separated from my husband ~2015. it made me feel like a less shitty person that i could give a good life to animals that people generally hated. i can relate, as i too am generally hated. it is beyond kind souls, its a shared experience.
ffwd some time, and depression takes over. i was no longer able to give them the love and resources they needed. it started to make me feel real shitty that i was failing the only souls that never hurt me.
so, to make a long story short, i spent my savings scattering them to safe homes thru the eastern US. i have continued to send money and supplies, but i still feel like a failure. no one will know their voice like i do, their pain, their needs. i can see it on their faces whatever they want, and i could do that for a rat like i never could for a human.
i will put their support in my final wishes and i will liquidate anything of value i haven't already have for their care.
not sayin this is your case, but this is my experience
i can't serve myself, and i can't serve them as they deserve. since i have always been failed and let down, it is of the utmost importance to me that i not do that to these innocent souls. in a way i already have, but i can still try to protect them with any force i have left, and i will, till my last breath and beyond.
you can likely find a home for your kitty if that's your choice. if not, she may be your strength. it's all up to individual experience and resources, really, i think.

• Love
Reactions: rationaltake
SunshineAndSuicide

SunshineAndSuicide

Sunshine is what's keeping me alive
Aug 24, 2022
I have a cat (8) who was also attached to me. I had to move to another town for work and although he missed me at first (as observed by my parents), he did alright and after a few days simply chose my mom as his new "person". So, although your kitty cat will miss you dearly, they will adapt and be alright.

• Love
S

Sick of it all

It's only a matter of time and I'm running out
Aug 17, 2022
I'm in the same boat, add a dog to the mix too. They would never understand my passing as they are all very attached to me. I fear leaving them and what would happen to them when I'm gone.

• Love