Votes: 17 65.4%
  • No

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
I think that suicide doesn't preclude humour by any means. I would like it if there was a laugh emoji to react to posts with, agree or disagree?

Reactions: death137, stygal, x~Sophia~x and 3 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I have heard there used to be one but it was removed because people used it to cause offence, ie. laughing at people's suffering or misfortune. I just use giphy.com

• Wow
Reactions: puppy9, death137, Pookie and 10 others
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
I have heard there used to be one but it was removed because people used it to cause offence, ie. laughing at people's suffering or misfortune. I just use giphy.com
I did suspect that's why there isn't one now. I can see that being a problem, causing tension.

Reactions: death137, Pookie, x~Sophia~x and 1 other person
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I wouldn't mind having one then again I'm not easily triggered even if somebody were to "laugh" at any of my serious posts.

Reactions: death137, NumbItAll, Skathon and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I think if it was reinstated it should be only allowed in certain types of threads or subforums. Definitely not the suicide one but maybe just in off topic. Even then, it could also come with extra stipulations and maybe a rule can be added to use the laughing emoji with extreme care and caution or risk being banned or suspended.

Reactions: death137
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019

I've heard that it even was used for mocking people in goodbye threads. I think your suggestion is a good solution to the problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skathon, death137 and Deleted member 1465
Arrow

Arrow

Rewrite
May 1, 2020
while i personally would like if there was one i see why there isn't one. you don't want someone who's being serious or pouring their heart out to be laughed at; it can be used in an intensive way.

Reactions: Skathon, stygal, death137 and 1 other person