justwannadip

justwannadip

it's still raining
May 27, 2024
Hey guys, so I'm kinda on my last hope here and am pretty desperate at this point. My thoughts and urges are getting increasingly dark and every day I'm constantly battling them. It's truly exhausting. I've done research on various psychedelics for a while, and always had interest in its potential therapeutic benefits. Now, I'm also on an SSRI which could very well blunt the effects, which I'm worried about. But I'm equally worried about tapering off them (potential for pssd, even worse stability, and the long time it takes to fully taper safely: months to years). So I'm considering psilocybin but I'm open to any last advice or things to consider. I know some say to take your trip with someone you are comfortable with so they can be of comfort and also monitor you, but honestly other than my therapist, I don't consider anyone to be on that level. So I could do it alone, in the safety of my room, with some music, or in nature somewhere…what do you guys think?

I also know about the research and benefits some have seen with ketamine treatment. Unfortunately it would be about a year to receive treatment due to a waitlist, and I was wondering if there was another way (ie. street ket) I could try some sooner. How would you verify quality?

Also, I live in Canada, so if anyone knows of any legit and tested stores/places to buy them, pls let me know! I know of funguyz but thats about it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Little_Suzy, heavyeyes and 2 others
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
Just coming to say that Ket clinic treatment is completely worth it. Did more than a dozen 2 hour IV sessions. Any questions, convo me<3

I hate that there aren't enough clinics to treat people to the point there's such a long waitlist. Companies like Mindbloom exist. But I don't know how that would go in Canada.

• Love
Reactions: waiting93 and uncat_
justwannadip

justwannadip

it's still raining
May 27, 2024
Just coming to say that Ket clinic treatment is completely worth it. Did more than a dozen 2 hour IV sessions. Any questions, convo me<3

I hate that there aren't enough clinics to treat people to the point there's such a long waitlist. Companies like Mindbloom exist. But I don't know how that would go in Canada.
Thx for the reply. I may just have to wait and hopefully I can be somewhat ok until then. Have you ever done shrooms?

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Thx for the reply. I may just have to wait and hopefully I can be somewhat ok until then. Have you ever done shrooms?
If you live in Canada then you can buy shrooms either online or at a shrooms dispensary. They aren't technically legal (think grey market), but they do exist and you won't be arrested for going to one. Taking psychedelics while you are on SSRIs isn't recommended due to the effects of the two drugs interacting being unknown.

Reactions: divinemistress36
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
Yes, plenty of times. Nowadays strain can play a big part in shroom trips as it's become more involved.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

Oct 21, 2023
risky. THey can give u brain damage
Psychedelics (at least the classic kind) don't tend to cause brain damage, at least from what I know. They may even have potential neurological benefits, such as allowing for the growth of new neural connections. They also seem cause changes in personality with there being studies that have found that they can increases in openness (for context, they were using the Big 5 to test for this).

The major risks that should be looked out for have more to due with their potential to cause an onset of psychosis in those who are genetically predisposed to it and HPPD. There is also the risk of having a bad trip or potentially acting out in a more risky manner, though there are measures that can be taken to reduce the chances of this happening.

In regards to shrooms (the one the OP seems to be most interested in), you read this to learn more about them: https://nida.nih.gov/research-topics/psilocybin-magic-mushrooms#is-psilocybin-addictive

Last edited:
Reactions: mashiroll, peaceandlove and Hvergelmir
LionBoy

LionBoy

Aug 31, 2024
Psychedelics (at least the classic kind) don't tend to cause brain damage, at least from what I know. They may even have potential neurological benefits, such as allowing for the growth of new neural connections. They also seem cause changes in personality with there being studies that have found that they can increases in openness (for context, they were using the Big 5 to test for this).

The major risks that should be looked out for have more to due with their potential to cause an onset of psychosis in those who are genetically predisposed to it and HPPD. There is also the risk of having a bad trip or potentially acting out in a more risky manner, though there are measures that can be taken to reduce the chances of this happening.

In regards to shrooms (the one the OP seems to be most interested in), you read this to learn more about them: https://nida.nih.gov/research-topics/psilocybin-magic-mushrooms#is-psilocybin-addictive
ur wrong

LionBoy

LionBoy

Aug 31, 2024
im smart enough not to, they damage ur brain. I dojnt want constant vibriting walls or distortions of my visuals or more tinnitus as I alreayd have. There's enough people reporting brain damage on utueb, but youtube shadow bans these videos so they r hard to finmd, but they exist

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

Oct 21, 2023
im smart enough not to, they damage ur brain. I dojnt want constant vibriting walls or distortions of my visuals or more tinnitus as I alreayd have. There's enough people reporting brain damage on utueb, but youtube shadow bans these videos so they r hard to finmd, but they exist
Yeah, because YouTube definitely gives a shit about people claiming to have psychedelic-induced brain damage. As we all know, YouTube is a part of a secret pro-psychedelic cult and is working to promote the use of psychedelics to others, hence they make sure to shadow ban anyone who says anything negative about them./s

Claiming you are smart doesn't mean anything. I can claim that the sun isn't real and that I know it isn't because I am smart. That doesn't make what I am saying true all of a sudden. Also, anecdotal claims don't mean anything. How do you know if that their supposed brain damage was actually caused by psychedelics? How do you know that they even have brain damage? How do you know that aren't just lying to their audience and spreading misinformation? People make claims about all sorts of shit all the time but that doesn't magically make those claims true.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and peaceandlove
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
Self-medicating for trauma-related memories is not a good idea. Look into clinical trials as an option.

peaceandlove

peaceandlove

Unwitting
Aug 31, 2024
When I've felt that desperate try-anything way, like it seems like you're feeling, I was more afraid of feeling the way I was already feeling, than of anything that could happen from acid or mushrooms or ketamine. Personally, I've been more damaged and had worse side effects from prescriptions. Trauma damaged my brain more than drugs.

waiting93

waiting93

May 25, 2023
Hey guys, so I'm kinda on my last hope here and am pretty desperate at this point. My thoughts and urges are getting increasingly dark and every day I'm constantly battling them. It's truly exhausting. I've done research on various psychedelics for a while, and always had interest in its potential therapeutic benefits. Now, I'm also on an SSRI which could very well blunt the effects, which I'm worried about. But I'm equally worried about tapering off them (potential for pssd, even worse stability, and the long time it takes to fully taper safely: months to years). So I'm considering psilocybin but I'm open to any last advice or things to consider. I know some say to take your trip with someone you are comfortable with so they can be of comfort and also monitor you, but honestly other than my therapist, I don't consider anyone to be on that level. So I could do it alone, in the safety of my room, with some music, or in nature somewhere…what do you guys think?

I also know about the research and benefits some have seen with ketamine treatment. Unfortunately it would be about a year to receive treatment due to a waitlist, and I was wondering if there was another way (ie. street ket) I could try some sooner. How would you verify quality?

Also, I live in Canada, so if anyone knows of any legit and tested stores/places to buy them, pls let me know! I know of funguyz but thats about it.
Where in Canada are you? It took me about 8 weeks to finally get a ketamine consultation after getting a doctors referral and apparently it is the only clinic still covered under my provinces insurance plan.

L

lacrimosa

Experienced
Jul 1, 2024
Okay, time for some facts... I am an experienced psychonaut when it comes to magic mushrooms.

Psylocybin, the psychedelic chemical in psylocybin cubensis (common magic mushroom species) in small quantities (0.5 - 1.5g) has been linked to decreased rates of depression, up to 6 months post use after being used in a clinical setting.

Dosage (in grams) is usually determined by body weight. If you have a lower body weight, start off with a small dose, wait 2.5 hours, and if you don't feel an effect, increase the dosage by very small increments until you feel the effects. It usually takes 1-3 hours to feel the effects. Do not eyeball it, use a proper, tested scale. ***NOTE - This is not medical advice and you should only use/injest mushrooms in a clinical setting with a doctor present.

From ChatGPT:

Psilocybin, the active compound in magic mushrooms, is metabolized into psilocin in the body, which is responsible for its psychoactive effects. The duration of its presence in the body depends on various factors, such as dosage, individual metabolism, hydration, and body fat.

• Half-life: Psilocin has a relatively short half-life of about 1.5 to 3 hours, meaning half of it is eliminated from your body in this time frame.
• Total elimination: It generally takes about 5 to 6 half-lives for a drug to be eliminated from the body. Therefore, psilocybin and its metabolites are usually cleared within 24 to 48 hours for most people.
• Drug tests: While psilocybin isn't commonly tested for in standard drug screens, specialized tests may detect it in urine for up to 24 hours. In rare cases, metabolites could be detectable in urine for a few days, especially after higher doses.

Factors like hydration, liver function, and overall health can influence these timelines. If you're concerned about any interactions or effects, it's always good to consult a healthcare professional.

DO NOT use magic mushrooms if you have a family history of schizophernia/psychosis or if you have schizophrenia/psychosis.

Last but not least, please read the following - site is straight from the noughties but is factual and can be trusted: https://erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_faq.shtml

• Informative
HopingOnaMiracle

HopingOnaMiracle

Experienced
Mar 8, 2024
I've had five ketamine treatments. The first two were lower doses and I didn't feel much. Third session I tripped monkey balls. Didn't know I was in the room anymore. The plant in the room changed into a mosaic painting. But I didn't come into contact with whatever is keeping me depressed. The next session i didn't come closer either and I got VERY upset. Because I tried many treatments and this one didn't seem to help me either. Last session was with an increased dose but didn't help me either.

So the last session I'll do psylocibine (mushrooms) instead. But I need to taper down lithium completely or I will get seizures. I won't get my hopes up because they are likely to be shattered.

I don't know if i would recommend doing it without professional help. You need the right dose and method of injection (i got it from a needle in my arm). And there will be no one professional to talk about the trip or help you out when having problems.

But yeah if you have to wait forever and am as desperate as me, go for it. Just do your research on the right dose etc. And have s sober person ,(friend or family) in case it gets bad.
If you live in Canada then you can buy shrooms either online or at a shrooms dispensary. They aren't technically legal (think grey market), but they do exist and you won't be arrested for going to one. Taking psychedelics while you are on SSRIs isn't recommended due to the effects of the two drugs interacting being unknown.
The psychiatrist of my clinic doesn't see a problem with my SSRI (clomipramine) and shrooms. Lithium and shrooms will result in seizures though.

Last edited:
  • Informative
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

Oct 21, 2023
The psychiatrist of my clinic doesn't see a problem with my SSRI (clomipramine) and shrooms. Lithium and shrooms will result in seizures though.
Doesn't matter. A lot more research needs to be done on shrooms and how they interact with SSRIs, but it is generally not recommended to take them together since it seems like SSRIs might decrease the effects of psilocybin.
Most modern antidepressants, such as SSRIshttps://recovered.org/antidepressants/selective-serotonin-reuptake-inhibitors sertraline (Zoloft) and fluoxetine (Prozac) and SNRIs such as duloxetine (Cymbalta), primarily work by increasing levels of serotonin in the brain. Psilocybin acts similarly, binding to some of the same serotonin receptors. That leads to cross-tolerance: people on antidepressants may experience only minor psychedelic effects from psilocybin.
Additionally, combining two serotonergic agents can cause serotonin syndrome, which in serious cases can be fatal. Antidepressant users who have taken more magic mushrooms because they initially didn't have much effect are at particular risk of serotonin syndrome.

Edit: There does seem to be some psychiatrists who argue that it's safe to take shrooms and antidepressants together, through the recent study mentioned that shows this is small-scale (only 27 participants. A lot of the studies I have found on psychedelics tend to be small-scaled through). I personally don't tend to trust psychiatrists too much (most of them are pretty incompetent. There is a reason why a woman was able to spend 23 years making money off of pretending to be one. She was even a memeber of the Royal College of Psychiatrists), so I'd still be careful.

Last edited: