the box is empty

the box is empty

Sometimes the fall kills you. Sometimes you fly.
Mar 8, 2020
What's the nicest compliment anyone has ever given you?

There was a thread on reddit awhile back about "what's something girls don't know about guys?" And one of the top rated answers was "we rarely receive compliments and when we do we remember them forever."

A coworker once told me "I wish I had you as a son. You would've made a great big brother to [little daughter's name]."

I have no siblings and a poor relationship with my family. On top of that I had broken up recently with my girlfriend and was trying to find a new place to live. I generally keep my personal life private so her comment really struck a chord with me. I was in tears the whole commute home that day.

So what was something positive that was said to you and had an affect on you? It can be as elaborate as you want or as simple as "I like your hair."

• Hugs
Reactions: NoCoast, Ame and faraway_beach
F

faraway_beach

Seawater and stardust
Dec 30, 2019
I was my father's caregiver for years. We both had the same primary care physician. When my father died, I was beating myself up thinking I hadn't done enough. The doctor said, "You treated that man like gold."

I always felt that I was working as hard as I could and it still wasn't enough, I still felt inadequate. So to hear someone who knew the situation say that I had done well was a relief.

Edit: good thread topic!

• Hugs
Reactions: NoCoast, the box is empty and Ame