Anyone else? Once she goes, I go.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ryo the frog, LifeHasNoOptIn, ImmaMacGuffin and 12 others
Poor Stargazer

Poor Stargazer

See You @ The Singularity
Mar 31, 2022
Same, she is all i have and all i care about. She is the only reason i am still here. I totally relate to you. Animals > humans

• Love
Reactions: Astronauta, ryo the frog, ImmaMacGuffin and 7 others
D

Dominicka

Dec 22, 2021
Yeah, some days I don't think I can hang on anymore, theni look at her sweet face…

• Love
Reactions: Astronauta, ryo the frog, vold3m0r† and 5 others
Doombox

Doombox

Who knows, who cares
Apr 7, 2022
I probably would have gone years ago but I had to see the cats through. I lost the last one unexpectedly in March. Since then I've been making my preparations. I admire everyone who chooses to stay alive for their pets, because our pets depend on us and I took that responsibility seriously. There was a terrible situation in my neighborhood where a cat was discarded after the owner passed away and that was just never going to be part of my story.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ImmaMacGuffin, 710, vold3m0r† and 11 others
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Yeah, I've spoken about this quite a bit on the forum. I just can't leave my cat that way. It would be too cruel and traumatic.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ImmaMacGuffin, 710, vold3m0r† and 6 others
Tortured Existence

Tortured Existence

Alone till the end
May 18, 2022
My cat is the ONLY thing that has stopped me, but he's young (I wasn't contemplating suicide at all when I adopted him), and he literally could be around another decade or more. I can't imagine being here through next month, and I doubt I can make it another year because my health is rapidly declining. There are days when I can't care for him properly because my pain is so bad.

They're all so innocent. Like @Smart No More said, it is cruel and traumatising. For me, it's also hypocritical.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ImmaMacGuffin, thelookingontheway, Shivali and 2 others
Lullaby

Lullaby

🌙
Mar 9, 2022
100%. My cat is the only blessing I've gotten out of this life. I remember I went away for a week and my mom told me he wouldn't stop crying. So I know I have to stick this out for him, and I'm pretty sure when he passes, that would be it for me.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ImmaMacGuffin, Dead Meat, 710 and 8 others
Euthanza

Euthanza

Self Righteous Suicide
Jun 9, 2022
Sometimes I get jealous with cats and dogs. They have short life span, loved just by existing and euthanized when they need to.

• Hugs
Reactions: ImmaMacGuffin, Dead Meat, Dominicka and 1 other person
Doombox

Doombox

Who knows, who cares
Apr 7, 2022
My cat is the ONLY thing that has stopped me, but he's young (I wasn't contemplating suicide at all when I adopted him), and he literally could be around another decade or more. I can't imagine being here through next month, and I doubt I can make it another year because my health is rapidly declining. There are days when I can't care for him properly because my pain is so bad.

They're all so innocent. Like @Smart No More said, it is cruel and traumatising. For me, it's also hypocritical.
If you have rapidly declining health, then your situation is different than, say, mine. Are you able to get in touch with any local rescue groups who might be able to give you leads? I've heard of arrangements where the cat has care lined up for when the owner can no longer provide care.

• Love
Reactions: Dead Meat, Hercules and Endex
D

Dominicka

Dec 22, 2021
Good point, @euthanza. I'm disabled. It shouldn't be this hard to go.

My cat is 12, hopefully it won't be long, but it could be another 5 to 10 years, who knows with cats? I have my SN, anti-emetics all ready to go.

• Hugs
Reactions: Euthanza and Dead Meat