Sweet Tart

Sweet Tart

Arcanist
May 10, 2023
Never posted a thread but I've been here for about a month. I guess I want to be heard by people who won't try to hospitalize me. It seems like everyone in my life wants me to kill myself. I was always off and on suicidal but the last few years, my depression has worsened. I've been living for the moments of peace here and there. I have no money and moved in with my family last year when my depression got so bad I couldn't work anymore. They don't want me here anymore and keep pressuring me to get a job even when I remind my mom that I left my last few jobs because abusive workplace dynamics in my field made me suicidal. I had a great career but lost it (and lost the respect I had worked so hard for) due to PTSD & chronic depression. I feel like the "me" who used to push forward and take on any challenge, is gone.

I reached out to my sisters for help and no response. My best friend (of over 20 years) lives far away and is there for me emotionally, but that's all. I am on edge all the time, because my mom and stepdad lash out at me out of nowhere and my narcissistic, emotionally abusive mom screams about how frustrated she is that I don't do exactly what she thinks will help me. She doesn't know me at all, just has an idea of who she thinks I should be. I'm queer and my family is quietly homophobic while pretending to be allies. I'm managing a serious chronic physical illness that is extremely draining and time consuming and that's really all I can manage.

It feels like my family is getting ready to kick me out and there is nothing left to do but ctb. Last night, my mom asked if I could go to a shelter with my cat. Of course, I can't bring my cat, nor is it possible to get a bed in a shelter on demand (esp. since I'm not coming from the street).

I'm so angry at my mom for pressuring me to recover from severe depression and be a functional person. I've always been a caretaker/scapegoat in the family and have been there for them when they needed anything from me. I can't make myself well and the meds and therapy aren't helping. Please don't berate me for being unable to help myself get out of this situation, I wish I could but clinical depression isn't a choice I made and it isn't always treatable. I've been trying for my whole life to get better and I'm in my mid-40s. So... these are the reasons I have lost hope that life can get better.

Sorry this is so long.

• Hugs
Reactions: kitch, azurarcher, chloramine and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That just sounds so awful what you've had to go through and it must be really tiring, it's horrible how many humans in this world are so cruel and insensitive. But anyway I wish you the best.

• Love
Reactions: Sweet Tart