Draconian Alone

Draconian Alone

Jul 20, 2024
My mom was driving me and I was in shotgun when some guy cut us off. My mom was really mad at him.

And then I just flipped him off.

I wish I could describe my inner monologue that led up to it. But there were no thoughts. Just the action.

I'm a very docile, weak, and cowardly person. This is only the second time this has happened.

I felt okay for the first two seconds after it happened. Then my mom got mad and said that that dude could've had a gun. And if I'd did I again I couldn't be in the car with her.

She wants what's best for me I guess. But that involves me being a docile weakling like her. I'd rather be a wolf amongst sheep than a sheep amongst wolves. I need to hide this part of myself to keep life bearable but I can't starve it or I'll lose one of my only defenses. I don't know how to nurture it secretly so I have a fallback plan in case a situation gets ugly.

I don't even know what to ask you guys I guess I just want to be heard. But yeah if you guys have any thought I'm all ears. Or all eyes I guess.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: LifeQuitter, whywere, divinemistress36 and 1 other person
landslide2

landslide2

Arcanist
May 6, 2024
Good for you I say! I would just say okay mom i'll be mindful next time to smooth things over.
It is true that you never know with road rage, some people go berserk!

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere
Draconian Alone

Draconian Alone

Jul 20, 2024
Good for you I say! I would just say okay mom i'll be mindful next time to smooth things over.
It is true that you never know with road rage, some people go berserk!
Thanks for taking my side. I just see so many people on this forum take about beating themselves up and not considering the blame society takes. Most of them are hive mind npcs so what's the difference which ones I'm shitty too? Me and the others here are always going to be on the bottom rungs of social and economic society so what if we're not walking doormats about it?
I've just got a lot of pent up anger and hate behind a soft, slow surface.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere and landslide2
landslide2

landslide2

Arcanist
May 6, 2024
Pent up anger and hate is definitely not healthy. It is something you can work on without feeling like stepped on. Taking a second, maybe a few deep breaths and responding appropriately in situations. And yeah, sometimes flipping someone off.
I would wager a lot of the times it really isn't worth it to engage, though it may sting a little. Good to talk to people and u now have a crazy story to share with people about the time this so and so person was acting off the wall... Rather than stew, tell a story!
Don't let anything get pent up, it never does us any good.

• Hugs
Reactions: doctordetritus and whywere
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
In all my decades on this planet, one aspect always stays clear and true.

If and that is an if, especially in business, I would rather have people dislike me than like me.

Let me explain, if it comes to that, a person who I do NOT let take advantage of me or a situation then dislikes me so much, however if I let them run all over me then I am ok. Really!?

This goes for you, and I am so happy for you that you took a stand for not only your mother but YOU.

There is nothing wrong, in fact it is a good trait to have, is to stand up for yourself and never let greedy, self-centered idiots run all over you.

You are such a wonderful young person, and I really admire folks who not only stand up for themselves but others also.

Lots of high fives, well wishes and always work with folks, BUT if push comes to shove, stand up and be counted.

Walter

Draconian Alone

Draconian Alone

Jul 20, 2024
In all my decades on this planet, one aspect always stays clear and true.

If and that is an if, especially in business, I would rather have people dislike me than like me.

Let me explain, if it comes to that, a person who I do NOT let take advantage of me or a situation then dislikes me so much, however if I let them run all over me then I am ok. Really!?

This goes for you, and I am so happy for you that you took a stand for not only your mother but YOU.

There is nothing wrong, in fact it is a good trait to have, is to stand up for yourself and never let greedy, self-centered idiots run all over you.

You are such a wonderful young person, and I really admire folks who not only stand up for themselves but others also.

Lots of high fives, well wishes and always work with folks, BUT if push comes to shove, stand up and be counted.

Walter
Thank you. 😊

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere
-Link-

-Link-

Deep Breaths
Aug 25, 2018
I'm a very docile, weak, and cowardly person.
Your self-esteem sounds very low, so I would try to avoid brutalizing it any further in this sense.

"Passive" would be a preferable term here.

Four communication styles: Passive, Passive-Aggressive, Aggressive, and Assertive.

Flipping off the driver of another car is pretty deep in "aggressive" and is the type of thing that could actually trigger an impulsive double homicide on the part of the other driver. You never know what kind of day the other person is having! They could be ready to blow at any moment, and it could be littlest thing that finally sets them off.

Ideally, you want to get to being more assertive, something along the lines of... standing up for yourself, just not at the expense of the other person (or at the expense of any bystanders who happen to be at your side at the time~).

Reactions: Hollowman
Travelr

Travelr

Sep 22, 2024
Dysfunction and dysregulation are kind of the norm, still compassion for you and the person you flipped off.