Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
I told my therapist that I will be leaving earth next year and that I have a foolproof plan. I've been with him for two and a half years and although we get on very well, we haven't gotten very far in recovery. He knows me (other than CTB side of me) pretty well and wants to help so much, he really sees a future in me that I can't even imagine. When I told him that I will be leaving some time next year, he said 'what a waste of a life'. He's been in this profession for 20+ years, but I think I am one of his favourite and longest lasting clients. What hits me is he's never gone this personal with me, but said he would never get over my death if I did it. Him saying these things wasn't bad at all, it's just left me feeling very confused.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and _Minsk
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
I've never been to therapy and I'm certainly not a therapist but surely they can't say things like that/be so personal? Isn't that crossing some sort of line?

Reactions: Caspers
Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
I've never been to therapy and I'm certainly not a therapist but surely they can't say things like that/be so personal? Isn't that crossing some sort of line?

I'm not sure, I've known him from a Brain Injury hospital (got it from last attempt, lost all my memory) so I've known him for most of my 'new' life. He has helped me come to terms with the ABI and has helped me with many things, so our relationship is a bit more personal than a normal patient/therapist relationship. But you are right about it being personal, I think it's because he cares for me so much but I was surprised.