• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

MidnightDream

MidnightDream

Warlock
Sep 5, 2022
I'd be aiming for over 100ft, but sounds like it's worked before. You'd have to be careful not to hit into any of the structure

U

UtopianElephant

Student
Nov 26, 2022
The water part of the bridge is not a good idea, as there is too high a chance of not dying on impact and being rescued. The walkway and road part seems like it has several negative factors going against this being a good enough method. Even though the bridge looks to be 8-10- floors off the ground, you ideally want 10 or more floors with a hard surface below with no obstructions. This has the risk of falling onto cars which not only severely reduce the chance of fatality through cushioning impact, but could injure or kill the occupants. The sidewalk carries its own obvious risk. There was a post here a day or two ago from a member who jumped and survived an 8 story fall with only broken bones and concussion. Having said all this, it is quite surprising that the bridge does not have 4+meter railings.

Ultimately, it's your choice OP, but you'd really want to have something more reliable (and safe for others) than this. Maybe the mountains in Scotland or cliffs in other places in the UK is better to consider. Please try to exhaust all your options first before you consider this method.

Last edited:
Reactions: NearlyIrrelevantCake and EmmaD
C

casss

Apr 11, 2023
yeah it's not like i'm trying to aim for cars or people or anything, i just want it to be over quickly, i'm tired. i can't exactly get my hands on anything that would make things easier than this either. this is probably the highest place i could do it from too, going out for any longer than say an hour would probably set off alarm bells because i'm such a shut in.

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
No, not high enough for a water landing

C

casss

Apr 11, 2023
yeah no water. guess it all comes down to hoping you land on your heead or something. i'm pretty clumsy so i guess it could go either way.

enviro400mmc

enviro400mmc

#1 cake123 fanboy
Nov 27, 2022
I'd also considered jumping off the Tyne bridge, I tell you what in the photos it looks kinda low and like you might survive but then when I got to the edge and stood there it was absolutely beyond terrifying. Realised jumping wasn't for me.

After standing at the edge for a few mins taking it in a guy came over and dragged me away and tried to have a chat, was a very weird experience, can't pretend it has made things better in the long run though.

D

depresso_expresso03

Mar 26, 2023
This all reminds me of Beachy Head when I was there. Took a train from London to Brighton, then from Brighton to Eastbourne. Walked for probably close to an hour to get to the head (I had left later in the day than I wanted to, and while it was light out when I left, it was in the dead of night when I got to Eastbourne). Ended up being questioned by the Chaplains there, and they called the police who then took me to the station and forced me to get a taxi back to London.