sleepy dog

sleepy dog

Wizard
Sep 13, 2019
I am putting this in the suicide section because that is the entire reason that people want to join this website, to discuss suicide. I met somebody in an anxiety group at the mental health clinic that I am enrolled in. She expressed thoughts about suicide in the group we go to. So I talked to her outside the clinic when group was over. I told her about this website and suggested it might help her. She told me yesterday that she tried to create an account 2 weeks ago. She is still waiting for a response approving her account. Why do people have to be "approved" just to join? Why be so difficult about it?

Reactions: anonbpdgirl
anonbpdgirl

anonbpdgirl

Student
Aug 31, 2019
I am putting this in the suicide section because that is the entire reason that people want to join this website, to discuss suicide. I met somebody in an anxiety group at the mental health clinic that I am enrolled in. She expressed thoughts about suicide in the group we go to. So I talked to her outside the clinic when group was over. I told her about this website and suggested it might help her. She told me yesterday that she tried to create an account 2 weeks ago. She is still waiting for a response approving her account. Why do people have to be "approved" just to join? Why be so difficult about it?
If it's taken two weeks, they've been rejected. I got rejected my first time trying to sign up. My second time applying, I got accepted in an hour or so.

Reactions: LMFAO FOCKERS and TimeToBiteTheDust
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
There is clear criteria for all new members to meet and if they do, they are approved, if they dont, they aren't. Could be one of a host of reasons I wont go into here, suffice to say, ask her/him to try again.

sleepy dog

sleepy dog

Wizard
Sep 13, 2019
There is clear criteria for all new members to meet and if they do, they are approved, if they dont, they aren't. Could be one of a host of reasons I wont go into here, suffice to say, ask her/him to try again.

I have to disagree that there is "clear criteria". They are discriminating based on something we don't know about. It took me 4 times of trying to get in. Obviously its not being done right. She's in her 60's or 70's, I don't know exactly how old she is. She is clearly over 18 years old. I asked if she was using a proxy, she didn't know what I was talking about. She clearly doesn't even know about that stuff.

Reactions: anonbpdgirl
S

Shamana

Warlock
May 31, 2019
Did you refer her here to get more info on how to suicide,?

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I got denied the first time as I did not put enough info as to why I wanted to join. I totally understand the questions and why admin are cautious as to you to let in. let anyone in without prior approval and your bound to end up filled with pro lifers and journalists, something this forum does not need

Reactions: LMFAO FOCKERS and Lethe
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
I would never suggest SS to anyone. If anybody needs this place, they find their own way in. When I created my account, I was not approved the first time because my reason was briefly stated. I'm glad there is such a mechanism, even with that sometimes people who shouldn't be here get through.

Reactions: cowbain, LMFAO FOCKERS, anonbpdgirl and 3 others
Life+me=error

Life+me=error

Warlock
May 22, 2019
She needs to write more than a sentence of why she wants to join. A well written paragraph or two will increase her chance to be accepted.
Screenshot 20191109 174408

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
I think the qualifying questions are important. If the reason for joining is responded to in such a way you can determine they are a young person then why take the chance?

Reactions: Lethe, Shakespear's Brother and woxihuanni
BrokenAngel8

BrokenAngel8

I'm so lonely, broken angel
Nov 7, 2019
I found this website during my research period, coming back because I want this to be a safe space, because it is really hard to find a place with pro-choice and non judgement when it comes to suicide topics. I got accepted in around a day on my first try. Of course with lengthy paragraph on "why do you want to join" section. I would say if your friend is determined she could always try applying again, but until so, this website is accessible even without making an account so she could just linger around as silent member and gain any infos she would need in the meantime.

WhiteDespair

WhiteDespair

The Temporary Problem is Life
Oct 24, 2019
Probably a combination of the "why are you here?" and the "how did you find this place?"

I think I wrote 6 sentences total.

Or, it could be something like the signup email or username. For example, there's a real name in each.

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I'm now quite impressed with myself that I was able to sign up. If there's a way to screw something up I'll find it

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Essence, WilliamKline, woxihuanni and 4 others
BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
Wow, I didn't know people got denied member access. I got in first time. Can't work out if that's a good thing or a bad thing!

anonbpdgirl

anonbpdgirl

Student
Aug 31, 2019
Wow, I didn't know people got denied member access. I got in first time. Can't work out if that's a good thing or a bad thing!
I honestly think I got rejected first time because I barely tried with my reasoning. Was feeling shitty and low and said some basic thing like "Because I want to die... duh?" Lol.

• Love
Reactions: LMFAO FOCKERS
trynacbt

trynacbt

Arcanist
Sep 28, 2019
Interesting. I think I wrote less than a sentence on why--"I want to find out how to ctb and also connect with others" ... not sure why this person has been rejected but using 'real names' could be a part of it

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
I'm now quite impressed with myself that I was able to sign up. If there's a way to screw something up I'll find it

Even if there is no way to screw something up, I'll come up with it! Ha!

Reactions: Mr2005
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
They let me in, they'll let anyone in.

• Hugs
Reactions: woxihuanni and bukowski
Lethe

Lethe

Fey
Sep 19, 2019
Interesting. I think I wrote less than a sentence on why--"I want to find out how to ctb and also connect with others" ... not sure why this person has been rejected but using 'real names' could be a part of it

Some mods/admins tend to be more lenient than others.

Reactions: LMFAO FOCKERS