angel31

angel31

sause
Jun 14, 2023
So my best friend found a girlfriend about a month ago, and she is really happy and they are a really cute couple and I am really happy for them but at the same time I am so jealous that she is so happy. Not the fact that she has a partner upsets me, don't misunderstand me, its just that she is so fucking happy and im not and that makes me so jealous. Whenever I spend time with her its really fun and I enjoy it, but whenever I think about her it makes me really depressed…
Idk maybe you feel the same anyways thanks for reading and I wish you all a beautiful day ❤️❤️❤️

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake, SVEN, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
smpkie

smpkie

ticking bomb
May 25, 2023
Sorry you have to feel that way, I hope you'll find something to make you happy too <3 I'm sure you will!

• Love
Reactions: The anhedonic one and angel31
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yeah- I hate feeling jealous but I can't deny that I do. For me- it wasn't so much relationships. It was other people's success in what I wanted to do. I do feel envious of other people's talent/ social skills/ luck. But then- I know it's wrong because they worked hard to get those things.

I guess the grass isn't always greener though- there are plenty of relationships that are abusive. There are plenty that fail and people are heart broken. Personally- I look at even the better relationships and wonder if I'd REALLY want that. It CAN be a lot of compromising, insecurity. Risk at the end of the day! I don't think everyone gets a fairytale ending.

Still- I think many people experience envy/ jealousy. It's really hard not to. I'm sorry and yeah- I hope you do find someone or something that makes you feel fufilled and happy.

• Hugs
Reactions: angel31 and The anhedonic one
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
I feel you on this. I hate this time of year because you see happy couples everywhere and it just reinforces how lonely you are.
You actually become bitter at the fact that others are happy in a loving relationship and you are not.
I hate feeling this way and often wish I had no feelings at all. I'm incredibly lonely, yet isolate myself from people to protect myself from being hurt.
It's a really fucked-up headspace to be in but I just can't help it.

• Love
Reactions: angel31
EmmaQanbana

EmmaQanbana

What's there to love of an empty husk?
May 31, 2023
I get that, it's like one hand, you're really glad that your friend is happy and succeeding but on the other hand you can't help but feel a little jealous towards it because at the end of the day, you, too, deserve a shot at happiness.

Sorry you're feeling this way though, maybe down the line. There will be a way to overcome this feeling.

• Love
90starve

90starve

i don’t know who i am
May 8, 2023
my boyfriend talks all the time about things he and his friends have done - im happy for him, but i can't help hating that he never invites me.

it's such a horrible feeling to know that you're missing out - seeing other people happy like this, i feel as though i'm wasting what should be the best years of my life because i am alone.

im sorry that you also have to suffer through this <3

• Hugs
J

josephk

Jun 19, 2023
i feel jealous that people are happy period. Objectively if you looked at my life I guess some would feel jealous of me. But im not happy. Im crippled with psychiatric problems & no amount of external success can do anything about it. Im numbed to some extent by the cocktail of meds im on , but its not much of a consolation. Therapy hasnt helped. I dont begrudge anyone their happiness, i just wish i could feel it too

• Hugs
  • Love
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Often those who appear "happy" are pretending, we cannot really know as to how much other people truly suffer inside, I doubt that humans are ever really satisfied. And even if people aren't suffering as much now they will do in the future, all that humans are destined for is to be tortured by old age which is something that disgusts me, I could never envy anyone who is trapped in this hellish reality where there is unlimited potential to suffer.

And to me there could never be such a thing as a beautiful day, existence was a horrific mistake in the first place, I only see beauty in finally being free from this world.

• Love
Reactions: angel31