alexithymia

alexithymia

Student
Sep 18, 2019
I saw this on Reddit earlier. I spend a lot of time here on SS and I sometimes forget how suicide is viewed on other corners of the Internet. Although a lot of comments (most of them, in fact) were jokes, there were a lot of serious ones. Anyone stating that it may be better to let her die if that's what she wanted were heavily downvoted.

To me, this is a good representation of the way suicidal people are treated. Kept alive by any means necessary even if that means more suffering.

Reactions: Sunset764, SuicidalSymphonies, puppy9 and 1 other person
SuicidalSymphonies

SuicidalSymphonies

I think I'll take a dirt nap.
Oct 13, 2019
I saw this on Reddit earlier. I spend a lot of time here on SS and I sometimes forget how suicide is viewed on other corners of the Internet. Although a lot of comments (most of them, in fact) were jokes, there were a lot of serious ones. Anyone stating that it may be better to let her die if that's what she wanted were heavily downvoted.

To me, this is a good representation of the way suicidal people are treated. Kept alive by any means necessary even if that means more suffering.

I also frequent Reddit and it's sad to see so many people truly believe its so wrong to allow people their right to die. It's not up to you, you ego maniacs!!!!

Reactions: Sunset764
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
Reminds me of my youth and how I used to tackle in a game of soccer.