B

BitumenSquid

The coolest cephalopod on the block
Jan 21, 2023
My whole childhood was wasted and now I'm an adult I feel like I'm just wasting my life instead. I've had people I've called my friends but I look at other friend groups and they're just so much closer. We don't even hang out. It's gotten to the point where now they can't even put in the effort to respond to my texts I'm that worthless to them. I'm just so jealous of everyone else it burns.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sakura94, throwawayyy, artificial_ineptness and 3 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i haven't had a real life friend for 10 years doesn't bother me and i haven't had a gf for 18 years that does bother me still this day

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles and BitumenSquid
AboutTom

AboutTom

Being born is not a gift but the result of a crime
Feb 9, 2023
i haven't had a real life friend for 10 years doesn't bother me and i haven't had a gf for 18 years that does bother me still this day
Not to be rude but please consider if this was a helpful reply to the person venting.

I'm sorry to hear that, have you considered making friends online? Don't hang around people who don't value you. Different hobbies are great ways to make friends. I believe there are also apps for that. Also do remember that not having friends only lowers your self esteem as a biological mecanism that is in no way tied to reality. You are valuable even if you havent found the people who see that yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: looking_for_peace and BitumenSquid
B

BitumenSquid

The coolest cephalopod on the block
Jan 21, 2023
Not to be rude but please consider if this was a helpful reply to the person venting.
I'm sorry to hear that, have you considered making friends online? Don't hang around people who don't value you. Different hobbies are great ways to make friends. I believe there are also apps for that.
I always end up in this depression spiral of like why tf would anyone want to be friends with me anyway, yk. I think trying to make online friends is appealing but I think I'd just turn them away too :(

AboutTom

AboutTom

Being born is not a gift but the result of a crime
Feb 9, 2023
I always end up in this depression spiral of like why tf would anyone want to be friends with me anyway, yk. I think trying to make online friends is appealing but I think I'd just turn them away too :(
To evaluate if this fear of turning people away is rational or not, please list real reasons to why someone would not want to be your friend, and what proof is there to those things being true. What you'll likely find is that these toughts arent based on reality.

Reactions: movinout17 and BitumenSquid
looking_for_peace

looking_for_peace

Student
Dec 4, 2022
My whole childhood was wasted and now I'm an adult I feel like I'm just wasting my life instead. I've had people I've called my friends but I look at other friend groups and they're just so much closer. We don't even hang out. It's gotten to the point where now they can't even put in the effort to respond to my texts I'm that worthless to them. I'm just so jealous of everyone else it burns.
are we the same person? I empathize with you. it's difficult to make friends, especially as an adult, & even more so when you weren't properly socialized as a child.

Reactions: Jane Doe 13 and BitumenSquid
A

AerialBoundaries

The Songs of Distant Earth.
Sep 18, 2022
Lost all my friends, as I got older. They pretend to relate to appear virtuous, fuck them, though.

A

AerialBoundaries

The Songs of Distant Earth.
Sep 18, 2022
Well, when they share posts online talking about men's mental health, but sit idly by and have a laugh when one of their friends suffers, that's "appearing" to me.

Reactions: BitumenSquid
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
This is a tough situation, I've been there before, and with my depression the number of friends and time spent with them has gotten much lower. There are ways out of this, I do think youtibe has a lot of good videos on how to make friends for shy people, things like that- some have better ideas than others, so reviewing these to try to find some ideas that will work can help. It is possible for a person with no friends to learn steps to change thisw from people who care abouit helping with this, and many caring peopel hqave posted videos on youtbue simply to try to help others- it is worth it to review some of these for ideas.

Reactions: BitumenSquid
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The reality is that you simply cannot trust and rely on people, many people are so incredibly self centred and only care when it directly affects themselves. Other people really are the problem and I certainly believe that it's for the best to be alone as people just create more suffering and make things worse. But anyway, I do believe that overall, other people certainly can be very disappointing, and it's unfortunately just the way that things are.

S

sadDaysAhead

hanging-on-a-thin-rope
Jan 23, 2023
At the end of the day people are after their own self interest and I can only trust as far as I can throw and I cant throw that far so I trust no one only people I relate to are those who are suffering just like me the rest can go to hell because they are liar's ,thieves and souless human beings:(