• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

hatehypocrisy

hatehypocrisy

Sep 12, 2022
I think nitrogen may not work for me, or it's entirely different from what I imagined. I have a 1600-liter industrial nitrogen tank, an oxygen regulator (although it's not perfectly suitable for nitrogen, it can still work with it), and I've made a large exit bag. I've tried to CTB several times recently, but all failed. Due to various mistakes, it even attracted the attention of the police, ambulance, and mental health doctors.

After another attempt last night, I still failed, which left me even more frustrated. It made me feel like nitrogen is not a very good method for me to CTB, and I have to look for other options.

Last night, before and after putting on the exit bag, I carefully checked everything to prevent any mistakes. Due to nervousness, I could hear my heart racing. To reduce inner fear and shift my focus, I wore VR headset and played a video, which was very effective. Although I could still hear the hissing of the nitrogen, the video helped me relax a lot. I tried to concentrate on the video to avoid stopping out of fear again.

Around a few tens of seconds into the video, I could feel the bag expanding due to the pressure of the nitrogen. However, even after about two minutes played the video, my consciousness was still very clear, and I didn't lose consciousness as some sources online suggested would happen around one minute. At around three minutes, I wasn't sure if it was due to excessive anxiety or if the nitrogen was actually having an effect, but I felt a very mild blurring of consciousness, or it could have been due to exhaustion because it was around 2:30 AM, and I haven't been sleeping well lately, getting only around 6 hours of sleep each night for various reasons. I began to recall every step I had taken, and I noticed that the bag was expanding and contracting with my deep breaths, seemingly without any issues. However, even after the video played for over 5 minutes, there didn't seem to be any significant change. My consciousness remained clear, just slightly blurry as in the third minute. I tried to breathe even more deeply, but it had no effect, and I had to stop again. I turned on the light, carefully checked the nitrogen tank and the bag, but didn't find any issues, except for a lot of condensation inside the bag due to my breathing. I failed again; CTB was too difficult, nothing like what's described online. Now, I have to look for other methods.

chris1979

chris1979

Multiverse is real
Aug 14, 2023
Do you know the concentration (purity) of the nitrogen?

There must be some problem with either the gas or the regulator. Sounds like too much oxygen getting through.

Reactions: DeadHead
hatehypocrisy

hatehypocrisy

Sep 12, 2022
Do you know the concentration (purity) of the nitrogen?

There must be some problem with either the gas or the regulator. Sounds like too much oxygen getting through.
It claims to be 99% concentrated.

I bought the oxygen regulator from MaxDog.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I don't know much about inert gas/N2 setups, but from a biological point of view you did not breathe pure N2 there must have been more than enough oxygen, whereever that O2 came from. If you cannot breathe any O2 u pass out is very quick.

Reactions: anonaon and Homo erectus
hatehypocrisy

hatehypocrisy

Sep 12, 2022
I don't know much about inert gas/N2 setups, but from a biological point of view you did not breathe pure N2 there must have been more than enough oxygen, whereever that O2 came from. If you cannot breathe any O2 u pass out is very quick.
Yeah, I don't know where the problem went, and I still haven't figured it.

X

x0nSS

Aug 11, 2023
From what I read you are not all in on CTB yet. Plenty of info here for you to clean up your setup if you want that.

Reactions: FreeSpirit1Love
hatehypocrisy

hatehypocrisy

Sep 12, 2022
From what I read you are not all in on CTB yet. Plenty of info here for you to clean up your setup if you want that.
In fact, I have researched a lot here and consulted many people, but I don't know why something went wrong this time.

D

DeadHead

Belief is the enemy of knowledge
Aug 20, 2023
A leak in your bag maybe? Or they lied to you about the purity.

befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022

• Love
Reactions: FreeSpirit1Love and DeadHead
hatehypocrisy

hatehypocrisy

Sep 12, 2022
The regulator I currently have does not work with SCUBA, I tried going to the store and buying a regulator for nitrogen, but they required me to provide a purpose. That's why I made a exit bag.
The thread mentions, "Unconsciousness occurs very quickly (only a few breaths)," which makes me doubt the purity of the nitrogen in my tank because even if the exit bag had leaked, the outlet of the nitrogen hose was near my nose. I was breathing far more than a few times, and I even took a big breath on purpose. After 5 minutes I was still conscious.

Last edited:
befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
buying a regulator for nitrogen
You just buy a diving regulator consisting of 1st stage, hose and 2nd stage (Cressi, OceanReef, Scubapro) and the adapter for nitrogen OR helium.

Last edited:
hatehypocrisy

hatehypocrisy

Sep 12, 2022
You just buy a diving regulator consisting of 1st stage, hose and 2nd stage (Cressi, OceanReef, Scubapro) and the adapter for nitrogen OR helium.

I bought this kit

• Love
befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
That´s not the right equipment for the SCUBA method.

T

TiredBuddhist

Sep 3, 2021
Nitrogen used to be my preferred method. I would look carefully at your method and try to find an issue as I think that's most likely, with a home made bag I think its easy to get something wrong enough for it to not work.

The reason nitrogen used to be my preferred method and is not anymore is that because I read about a manufacture in the UK that started spiking Nitrogen with just enough oxygen for it to no longer be effective. I would not be surprised if other manufacturers also do this.

hatehypocrisy

hatehypocrisy

Sep 12, 2022
Nitrogen used to be my preferred method. I would look carefully at your method and try to find an issue as I think that's most likely, with a home made bag I think its easy to get something wrong enough for it to not work.

The reason nitrogen used to be my preferred method and is not anymore is that because I read about a manufacture in the UK that started spiking Nitrogen with just enough oxygen for it to no longer be effective. I would not be surprised if other manufacturers also do this.
I bought a nitrogen tank, and the seller claims that it's 99.9% pure nitrogen inside.

Reactions: outrider567 and DeadHead
hatehypocrisy

hatehypocrisy

Sep 12, 2022
Last edited:
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
I think nitrogen may not work for me, or it's entirely different from what I imagined. I have a 1600-liter industrial nitrogen tank, an oxygen regulator (although it's not perfectly suitable for nitrogen, it can still work with it), and I've made a large exit bag. I've tried to CTB several times recently, but all failed. Due to various mistakes, it even attracted the attention of the police, ambulance, and mental health doctors.

After another attempt last night, I still failed, which left me even more frustrated. It made me feel like nitrogen is not a very good method for me to CTB, and I have to look for other options.

Last night, before and after putting on the exit bag, I carefully checked everything to prevent any mistakes. Due to nervousness, I could hear my heart racing. To reduce inner fear and shift my focus, I wore VR headset and played a video, which was very effective. Although I could still hear the hissing of the nitrogen, the video helped me relax a lot. I tried to concentrate on the video to avoid stopping out of fear again.

Around a few tens of seconds into the video, I could feel the bag expanding due to the pressure of the nitrogen. However, even after about two minutes played the video, my consciousness was still very clear, and I didn't lose consciousness as some sources online suggested would happen around one minute. At around three minutes, I wasn't sure if it was due to excessive anxiety or if the nitrogen was actually having an effect, but I felt a very mild blurring of consciousness, or it could have been due to exhaustion because it was around 2:30 AM, and I haven't been sleeping well lately, getting only around 6 hours of sleep each night for various reasons. I began to recall every step I had taken, and I noticed that the bag was expanding and contracting with my deep breaths, seemingly without any issues. However, even after the video played for over 5 minutes, there didn't seem to be any significant change. My consciousness remained clear, just slightly blurry as in the third minute. I tried to breathe even more deeply, but it had no effect, and I had to stop again. I turned on the light, carefully checked the nitrogen tank and the bag, but didn't find any issues, except for a lot of condensation inside the bag due to my breathing. I failed again; CTB was too difficult, nothing like what's described online. Now, I have to look for other methods.
EEBD hood a better alternative, and Greenberg said never to use repurposed oxygen regulators
It claims to be 99% concentrated.

I bought the oxygen regulator from MaxDog.
Greenberg said MaxDog regulators are faulty, I threw mine away last year, $330 down the drain
The regulator I currently have does not work with SCUBA, I tried going to the store and buying a regulator for nitrogen, but they required me to provide a purpose. That's why I made a exit bag.

The thread mentions, "Unconsciousness occurs very quickly (only a few breaths)," which makes me doubt the purity of the nitrogen in my tank because even if the exit bag had leaked, the outlet of the nitrogen hose was near my nose. I was breathing far more than a few times, and I even took a big breath on purpose. After 5 minutes I was still conscious.
You should have tracked your oxygen level with an oximeter, my oxygen dropped from 98 to 50 after just 4 breaths(99.0% purity), think it needs to drop to 25 before you actually pass out, that's at 15 LPM, Das Nichts passed out at 25 LPM

Last edited:
Reactions: thegoldengirls and DeadHead
D

DeadHead

Belief is the enemy of knowledge
Aug 20, 2023

This is very disconcerting indeed.

A

anonaon

-
Feb 26, 2023
As others have said, failiure to reach unconsiounsess simply means there's too much oxygen/not enough nitrogen in the bag. The biggest culprit is usally leakage. There could be a leak in the cylinder-regulator connection, Leak in the output of the regulator and the plastic tubing, leak in the bag itself... I suggest you re-read the identifying leaks section of the PPeH. Another thing you could do is check the purity of ur nitrogen gas using the oxygen meter from the PPeH. The reading on the O2 meter should be less than or equal to 2% for it to work. Also, did you hyperventialte beforehand? Did you prefill the bag?

Reactions: outrider567
hatehypocrisy

hatehypocrisy

Sep 12, 2022
EEBD hood a better alternative, and Greenberg said never to use repurposed oxygen regulators

Greenberg said MaxDog regulators are faulty, I threw mine away last year, $330 down the drain

You should have tracked your oxygen level with an oximeter, my oxygen dropped from 98 to 50 after just 4 breaths(99.0% purity), think it needs to drop to 25 before you actually pass out, that's at 15 LPM, Das Nichts passed out at 25 LPM
Did you see the link above and my own pictures? They are almost identical. Others have successfully CTBed, so it can at least prove that combining the bag, hose, oxygen regulator, and cylinder is not the problem. But for some reason, I failed.
As others have said, failiure to reach unconsiounsess simply means there's too much oxygen/not enough nitrogen in the bag. The biggest culprit is usally leakage. There could be a leak in the cylinder-regulator connection, Leak in the output of the regulator and the plastic tubing, leak in the bag itself... I suggest you re-read the identifying leaks section of the PPeH. Another thing you could do is check the purity of ur nitrogen gas using the oxygen meter from the PPeH. The reading on the O2 meter should be less than or equal to 2% for it to work. Also, did you hyperventialte beforehand? Did you prefill the bag?
Yes, I suspect I inhaled enough oxygen, but I haven't figured out the reason why.

A

anonaon

-
Feb 26, 2023
Yes, I suspect I inhaled enough oxygen, but I haven't figured out the reason why.
I just told you why 😂. Unless you have some hidden, underlying lung condition preventing you from taking deep breaths i don't see any other reasons as to why you'd fail to become unconscious

I suppose it could also be ur regulator but plently of other have CTB'd with Max Dog regulators so that seems unlikely.

hatehypocrisy

hatehypocrisy

Sep 12, 2022
I just told you why 😂. Unless you have some hidden, underlying lung condition preventing you from taking deep breaths i don't see any other reasons as to why you'd fail to become unconscious

I suppose it could also be ur regulator but plently of other have CTB'd with Max Dog regulators so that seems unlikely.
Although I've never had a doctor check, I believe there's nothing wrong with my lungs.

I'm very frustrated now, and I have no way out at the moment. Besides getting hit by a car and falling from a great height, it seems I have no other options.

Reactions: soleil
A

anonaon

-
Feb 26, 2023
I'm very frustrated now, and I have no way out at the moment. Besides getting hit by a car and falling from a great height, it seems I have no other options.
Im sure it feels that way but id try to diagnose the problem before doing anything rash. IG is a method that requires patience and attention to detail. Keep trying

hatehypocrisy

hatehypocrisy

Sep 12, 2022
Im sure it feels that way but id try to diagnose the problem before doing anything rash. IG is a method that requires patience and attention to detail. Keep trying
I don't know where the problem occurred. When I blocked the hose's outlet and opened the cylinder valve, I couldn't see or hear any leaks, so I assume there shouldn't be an issue in the passage from the cylinder to the hose outlet. Furthermore, I repeatedly thought about the moment inside the bag that night. The bag expanded due to the pressure of nitrogen, and it would slightly inflate or deflate with my breathing, indicating there were no leaks in the bag. It should be fine too. Additionally, the hose was right near my nose, and I'm very certain that I took deep breaths many times. In the first two to three minutes, I hardly felt anything and didn't experience the rapid loss of consciousness they mentioned. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with my heartbeat because my heart was beating rapidly throughout the process, perhaps due to nervousness. My resting heart rate is usually higher than others, it'salways above 100. Once, a nurse measured my heart rate, and it went as high as 213! Yet, I only felt a slight increase in heart rate. But that night, I felt a noticeably strong increase in heart rate.

A

anonaon

-
Feb 26, 2023
If youre certain that there were no leaks (including pressure drop test + soapy water/leak solvent in addition to the hiss test you did), i'd put my monry on ur nitrogen's purity. Get a reliable oxygen meter, as shown on the PPeH, and check the readings.

Could you also post another pic of ur setup? Ur bag looks a bit too large for a 15lpm flowrate

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Did you see the link above and my own pictures? They are almost identical. Others have successfully CTBed, so it can at least prove that combining the bag, hose, oxygen regulator, and cylinder is not the problem. But for some reason, I failed.

You suspect? For the second time, get an oximeter already, they're cheap, you can check how low your oxygen goes with a few breaths(5 second delay remember)--Should go below 80 after a few breaths, then take bag off, then it should continue to drop rapidly for 5 to 10 more seconds

hatehypocrisy

hatehypocrisy

Sep 12, 2022
You suspect? For the second time, get an oximeter already, they're cheap, you can check how low your oxygen goes with a few breaths(5 second delay remember)--Should go below 80 after a few breaths, then take bag off, then it should continue to drop rapidly for 5 to 10 more seconds
Yes, I will try

Reactions: outrider567