dembe

dembe

No lights, No music, JUST ANGER
Feb 13, 2023
A YouTuber (I dont remember his name he was all up in the camera for most of the vid tho) made a video about how awful here was, talking about how people were pushing each other to die and it was a cult and yadda yadda but to be honest this has to be the best thing that happened to me. I tried looking for a forum like this, one that the people understood and could see truly how bad life was and how cruel it was to force people who did not ask to be born to stay alive, but everywhere I went they tried to "fix" me. "See your therapist!! talk to a loved one!! things get better!!!" spat at me in different forms over and over and over again. I'd never felt so dismissed on those sites, they made me feel even more alone because I always felt like I was the only one who acknowledged that life wasn't this cutesy little struggle like they painted and depression wasn't just solved with "thinking happy thoughts". I feel a little less crazy on here which is ironic in itself because I came here looking to die. I'm not ready yet but knowing I wasn't completely alone in my thoughts was nice to know.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: pneumonoultramicros, NHLTradeRumor, apple2myeye! and 14 others
D

d3c96524be95

Student
Jan 24, 2023
Is it Tantacrul's video by any chance? Turns out a lot of us came here thanks to his video. This place is very different from what he depicted, but hopefully, people dealing with persistent suicidal thoughts can probably read between the lines and understand that SS is most importantly a place where you can express your suicidal thoughts without receiving judgement, empty words or imprisonment in return.

• Hugs
Reactions: Endex, releasespieces, jodes2 and 5 others
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
It was the same thing when the NYT published their hit piece. Directed a lot of people here. I wonder how he would rationalize that side effect of his video.

Reactions: Endex, jodes2, ribs for ryjo and 1 other person
Unsure and Useless

Unsure and Useless

Drifting Aimlessly without Roots
Feb 7, 2023
Maybe it was Tantacrul? He's the most well-known YouTuber who covered this site. Plus, he's how I was made aware of this place.

Reactions: Endex, jodes2, ribs for ryjo and 1 other person
dembe

dembe

No lights, No music, JUST ANGER
Feb 13, 2023
Is it Tantacrul's video by any chance? Turns out a lot of us came here thanks to his video. This place is very different from what he depicted, but hopefully, people dealing with persistent suicidal thoughts can probably read between the lines and understand that SS is most importantly a place where you can express your suicidal thoughts without receiving judgement, empty words or imprisonment in return.
Yeah that name looks familiar, I watched it last week on this very day at this same time this morning. I even have the urge to go back and comment a thank you, but I dont want to seem condescending but I truly am grateful to have found a place like this.
Maybe it was Tantacrul? He's the most well-known YouTuber who covered this site. Plus, he's how I was made aware of this place.
I looked it up and yes it was him

Reactions: jodes2
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Those pro lifers disgust me, I couldn't care less about the nonsense that they say, it's disturbing to want to force others to suffer and insist that everyone must continue existing just because they want to stay here.
All of those pro life people are so blinded by their privileges and/or delusions to the point that they are unable to have a realistic view on this world, and I believe the fact that wanting suicide is a perfectly rational response to existing in this world scares them, and they simply don't wish to come to terms with the fact that existence isn't always worth enduring. The toxic positivity that they push is so harmful and I believe that pro lifers only ever create more suffering.

Reactions: pneumonoultramicros and dembe
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I wish you could all send him a 'thank you' message anonymously but I doubt that's possible. I know how you feel. I felt the same when I discovered this place via the NYT article. Exactly the same level of irony of course- both pieces were meant to be about damning the site- yet- they showed a whole lot of suicidal people what they have been looking for for ages.

Honestly though- I REALLY don't think it's a good thing. From what I've heard- a lot of his audience are youngsters. I don't actually think it's good to be showing children that this information is all readily available. I don't understand why he has so publicly sign posted the site to minors when that was his biggest (and understandable in my opinion) criticism.

Reactions: pneumonoultramicros, apple2myeye!, Endex and 2 others