anchored_astronaut

anchored_astronaut

Nov 25, 2019
The audacity, ignorance, and lack of empathy required to utilize this phrase toward someone you know jack shit about never fails to make me want to die even more than I usually do.

I'm glad you, stranger, have a good life- a life so good you can't fathom that anyone else might not. Really, I am. In fact, it delights me to be reminded that there are lives on this earth worth living.

Mine, however, is not, and you haven't the knowledge nor authority to decide for me whether or not that is true.

How dare you assert that a childhood full of verbal and physical violence, poverty, and isolation so extreme I didn't realize those things were abnormal until my early teens wasn't bad.

How dare you assert that an adolescence full of violence of an even sicker kind, including a period of honest-to-the-gods, nonhyperbolic captivity and a rapid decent into drug abuse and reckless relationships when my already fragile and damaged soul failed to cope wasn't bad.

How dare you assert that a dead-end adulthood, damned to cohabitate with one of my many abusers (who while having ceased to physically hurt me refuses to stop emotionally tormenting me) despite having explored every possible avenue of escape isn't bad.

Sure, some lives are beautiful, sparsely peppered by periods of pain.

But some lives are an ugly inversion; heartache and horror relieved for only a beat here or there.

I can't live for those rarities.

It's not just a bad day.

It is a bad life.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: cowbain, hopeless__soul, TheDevilsAngel and 10 others
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
If everyday is a bad day, it's a bad life.

• Aww..
Reactions: WhyIsLife56, Goneforgood, Untitled and 1 other person
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
Nicely said.

zherhk

zherhk

Student
Nov 25, 2019
If we get angry at their bs statements we are just playing their game.

Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
Ever since I met my ex my days have been shit filled, with an extra serving of shit on the side not unlike gravy
Peace/hugs/death

Reactions: Shadow_Walkerr95 and Shakespear's Brother
ThingWithFeathers

ThingWithFeathers

Student
Sep 23, 2019
And then we have a God loving, miracle believer, Pulitzer prize finalist, inspirational speaker Regina Brett who says, "No one really has a bad life. Not even a bad day. Just bad moments."

At 42, on one bad moment she ended up having breast cancer. It was just a moment. :-/

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: protonic76, Everythingiwanted, DoNotLet2 and 3 others
DoNotLet2

DoNotLet2

Wizard
Oct 14, 2019
Yeah it's so annoying they don't know me but they "know" how my life is.

Reactions: Shadow_Walkerr95