Zer0

Zer0

Nem sempre se pode ser Deus
Sep 14, 2018
I'm having a hard time trying to help a friend in need. I do everything i can to help her and hide how much that is hurting me.
I haven't self harmed for a while now but today she sent me a picture of her first attempt with a razor, as much as she showed it wasn't very deep but that makes me worry about her and the idea of cutting myself is stuck in my mind now.
I will do anything in my reach to help her no matter how much it is hurting me, i love her, but i'm afraid of breaking my "stability", she is priority over me and that will break me.

• Hugs
Reactions: StillWaiting, Final Escape, Root and 1 other person
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
It is extremely hard, and I'm sorry you're having to go through this. But the thing is, you're important too.

You're not going to like hearing this, but you're going to have to set some boundaries and prioritize yourself. You can't help her if you don't take care of yourself first.

It's like being on an airplane... They tell you if the oxygen masks come down, put yours on before assisting anyone else. Because what good are you to anyone else if you've passed out because you weren't getting oxygen?

Reactions: Zer0
Inferdan

Inferdan

Meeting the first minor relapse after recovery
Nov 3, 2019
It
I'm having a hard time trying to help a friend in need. I do everything i can to help her and hide how much that is hurting me.
I haven't self harmed for a while now but today she sent me a picture of her first attempt with a razor, as much as she showed it wasn't very deep but that makes me worry about her and the idea of cutting myself is stuck in my mind now.
I will do anything in my reach to help her no matter how much it is hurting me, i love her, but i'm afraid of breaking my "stability", she is priority over me and that will break me.
I know what you mean, and I have many who need my help. I don't know exactly how to word it well, but just keep reminding yourself to hold on, no matter how hard. She needs you, and if you go, she goes.

I don't know if this was a good kind of support. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to say it in a different way, I'm not thinking straight at the moment, just saying what comes to mind.

Zer0

Zer0

Nem sempre se pode ser Deus
Sep 14, 2018
It is extremely hard, and I'm sorry you're having to go through this. But the thing is, you're important too.

You're not going to like hearing this, but you're going to have to set some boundaries and prioritize yourself. You can't help her if you don't take care of yourself first.

It's like being on an airplane... They tell you if the oxygen masks come down, put yours on before assisting anyone else. Because what good are you to anyone else if you've passed out because you weren't getting oxygen?
I kinda know that but I have no idea on how to take care of myself, never done it before. Maybe that is why I have to take care of others?
It

I know what you mean, and I have many who need my help. I don't know exactly how to word it well, but just keep reminding yourself to hold on, no matter how hard. She needs you, and if you go, she goes.

I don't know if this was a good kind of support. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to say it in a different way, I'm not thinking straight at the moment, just saying what comes to mind.
Thanks for your advice, I think you are 100% correct. But the same goes the other way, If she goes I think I'm going too. I don't think I can handle losing her, I don't have that many people I love.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Inferdan
Inferdan

Inferdan

Meeting the first minor relapse after recovery
Nov 3, 2019
I kinda know that but I have no idea on how to take care of myself, never done it before. Maybe that is why I have to take care of others?

Thanks for your advice, I think you are 100% correct. But the same goes the other way, If she goes I think I'm going too. I don't think I can handle losing her, I don't have that many people I love.
That I will fully support too. I understand you could not even imagine living without her. Good friends are so hard to find these days, especially one as dear as the her. I do hope you two will be able to help each other through each others troubles. I wish you the best in this situation. Stay strong, for her. You got this.