_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
I don't even like the term addict, it pushes people like objects, into imaginary boxes and stigma and somehow justifies treating them like litteral trash for some people.

I also find it very sad and heartbreaking that people who got dependant on substances, are being called junkies. Are they junk? Are they trash? Is that how we treat those people, who were not so fortunate to have a life that is not filled with suffering, disease or trauma? people who feel so desperate, who are in so much pain and with no help, that they had to turn to alcohol, heroin, painkillers, or whatever drug to keep going and cope with this horrible reality?

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: swan_song, Lost Magic, LastLoveLetter and 8 others
bed

bed

CTBed
Aug 24, 2019
Love how being addicted to alcohol is being called an alcoholic as well. It's so widely accepted to be dependant on alcohol which does far more damage than most drugs. Not saying that being addicted to alcohol is a laughable matter but all addictions should be taken seriously without judgment and focus on harm reduction.

I believe all drugs should just be decriminalized, we already have seen it works in many countries to focus on harm reduction over punishment.

• Love
Reactions: Lost Magic, stevieu, demuic and 1 other person
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I was addicted to tramadol, and opioid for many years, the new epidemic where people are in their houses popping pills and no one knows and the person doesn't show it in her face or teeth. But I agree with you we we had or have a problems with drugs aren't def junk. we are human beings that got hooked on drugs, whatever drug that may be. Like @Bed says I also believe that drugs who're be decriminalized, and be done in a safe clean environment like I'm Amsterdam. The dealers would end, people who buy street drugs would get pure drugs not something mixed with baking soda. Society has labels for everything. For me they can call whatever they want. If you are facing a hard time you are still someone worth living amongst everyone. Don't believe in labels, if you personally are facing a drug problem I hope you find the strength in you to quit. I've quit cold turkey, worst 18 days of my life. Never looked back, but can't even take codeine as it would relight the fire. A big hug.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: swan_song, LastLoveLetter, stevieu and 3 others