Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Nothing compares to the bliss of death.
Aug 8, 2018
I don't appreciate such platitudes. What reasons or evidence do they have to make such a claim? None. It's more accurate to say maybe it will get better. Maybe it won't. People suffer chronic pain their entire lives and it can be the same with depression/suicidal feelings. There's no reason to assume things will certainly get better. I believe these are things people feel they must believe in order to have any hope in life. I personally can't feel hope in something I don't have any reason to believe is true. There's always an assumption that there is a cure. In the last 10 years. My life has actually gotten worse. A lot of people here have struggled years, decades and nothing has changed. Probably a few people actually do get a break and feel better, but A LOT of people don't get so lucky, despite doing their best to feel better. My life will never reach a point where all the positives outweigh the negatives. The best thing that could happen to me would be a quick death.

Reactions: WonderingSoul, Nemeshisu, TAW122 and 9 others
Marine

Marine

*~ 絶対に 全てを取り戻させてもらう ~*
Jul 5, 2020
I know. It doesn't make any sense. For things to get better change is required, and often in dire situations help is. A bad situation spiralling downwards doesn't magically change course without intervention. I think the only ones who can belive that are priviledged people who've never been through any real struggle and get help for everything without realizing it. I do hope things can get better with intervention ni most cases though.

Reactions: Nemeshisu, Zzzzz, Eternal🌈Rainbow and 2 others
AloneInCollege

AloneInCollege

The one and only
Mar 7, 2022
From what I've experienced in my life. There's a small chance it will get better, but a fairly large chance that it will get a whole lot worse.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nemeshisu, Zzzzz, alliebear and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think that many people tell others 'it will get better' as they do not want to accept how hopeless a situation really is, as it would shatter their delusion that life is always worth living. To me phrases like that are just toxic positivity and lead to people having false hope which would likely soon be taken away. Things often do not get better and that is the reality. I wish that people would accept that fact as it might make them more accepting of the right to die and they would see suicide as a rational option, rather than something wrong and irrational that must always be prevented. For me personally, things will only get better when I no longer exist.

• Hugs
Reactions: AloneInCollege, Nemeshisu, TAW122 and 4 others
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
I don't appreciate such platitudes. What reasons or evidence do they have to make such a claim? None. It's more accurate to say maybe it will get better. Maybe it won't. People suffer chronic pain their entire lives and it can be the same with depression/suicidal feelings. There's no reason to assume things will certainly get better. I believe these are things people feel they must believe in order to have any hope in life. I personally can't feel hope in something I don't have any reason to believe is true. There's always an assumption that there is a cure. In the last 10 years. My life has actually gotten worse. A lot of people here have struggled years, decades and nothing has changed. Probably a few people actually do get a break and feel better, but A LOT of people don't get so lucky, despite doing their best to feel better. My life will never reach a point where all the positives outweigh the negatives. The best thing that could happen to me would be a quick death.
Depression/Suicidal feelings of mine are not getting better with time and I hate it when my step-mother and cousin think otherwise--My cousin Pam told me to get a cat! to feel better---Each time I answer the phone in my dull monotone, my self-centered step-mother in NYC asks 'What's wrong?' and I tell her the same thing: 'Whadyya THINK is wrong!! The same damn thing that has been wrong since Jan 24th!' She says 'Oh'

• Hugs
Reactions: Zzzzz and Eternal🌈Rainbow
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
The arrogance of insisting that you know the future...these people are really delusional.

Reactions: Zzzzz and Eternal🌈Rainbow
self.destractive

self.destractive

ick/icks, they/them
Dec 11, 2020
i firmly believe that things can get better, but that doesnt mean it will get better.

Reactions: Marine and Eternal🌈Rainbow
alliebear

alliebear

The sun also sets
Jun 13, 2022
Agree 💯💯💯

Reactions: Zzzzz
Judy Garland

Judy Garland

HoHum
Mar 23, 2022
I believed all those people for YEARS that my life would get better. They promised me that in High School, College. throughout my 20s, and now my 30s. I give up. I'm done. Life has not gotten better. My life has gotten much worse.

• Hugs
Reactions: Marine, Nemeshisu, Dead Meat and 2 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Yes, I hate such platitudes thrown by most common people in the world. It's one of the most annoying, trite statements to ever be uttered. In fact, I get annoyed and feel insulted hearing people say that to me. Nowadays, I just don't react so I don't give them any reason to push further with their drivel. This world is indeed one big veil of illusion and hypocrisy but I digress.

Reactions: Nemeshisu and Zzzzz
E

eternalflame

Experienced
Mar 30, 2022
From my experience it can get better but not always a lot better if you know what i mean.