Sheepgobaa

Sheepgobaa

Aug 23, 2023
I can understand how people can have some kind of fun with life in their teens and early twenties but once you enter your thirties and forties life just seems miserable.

I've been insanely depressed throughout my teens but because I had nothing else to really worry about it was almost a comforting type of depression.

I can't imagine how you can have a type of comfort in your own misery when you're constantly being told how you should live your life. If you don't have kids and a family once you're in your 30s you're having a mid life crisis and you need to get your shit together

But in your 20s you get away with a lot more and people pass of any problems as just a youth thing that will pass as you mature.

I really don't understand how anyone could enjoy a life with that much pressure being put on them and I don't understand why more people don't want to check out early and only live through their "glory" years.

Idk if any of this even makes sense my English isn't that good.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 65988, Passersby, HappyForever? and 7 others
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
There aren't more people that are suicidal because they are too privileged. Of course, they go through all the things that happen while growing old but all the positives in their lives cancel out everything else.

Reactions: kråkevind and Sheepgobaa
Pidgeons_Sparrows

Pidgeons_Sparrows

-flying rat
Apr 16, 2023
yeah i dont get it either...

Reactions: kråkevind and conarc
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
But after all we cannot know how other people truly feel, I think that most people who appear to be content are just pretending as after all anything related to suicide is such a stigmatised subject which cannot be discussed openly, I think many people continue as suicide is just so unnecessarily difficult or they are staying for the sake of other people.

But I could never understand why anyone would wish to decay from age, such a thing disturbs me but in my case I never wished to exist in the first place and wanting to die is all I know.
I could never see a point to existing or see it as being something appealing, there's nothing appealing about enduring such a futile existence in a world where there's unlimited potential to suffer.

Reactions: Myexit, F&Inside, kråkevind and 1 other person
A

aGoodDayToDie

Arcanist
Jun 30, 2023
I'm early 40s. I've lead a pitiful adult life. I've worked for just 1 years. I do nothing all day. Nothing to live for. Just existing. Would be nice to be gone

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 65988, Myexit, Xta4Love and 2 others
kråkevind

kråkevind

Jun 2, 2023
I think there are more people that wish not to be here, but are too afraid to say anything out of fear of being put away against their own will. Plus, they may not know of any safe places such as this website to where they can express themselves freely without prejudice.

Reactions: Passersby, Gonnerr and conarc
C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
I can understand how people can have some kind of fun with life in their teens and early twenties but once you enter your thirties and forties life just seems miserable.

I've been insanely depressed throughout my teens but because I had nothing else to really worry about it was almost a comforting type of depression.

I can't imagine how you can have a type of comfort in your own misery when you're constantly being told how you should live your life. If you don't have kids and a family once you're in your 30s you're having a mid life crisis and you need to get your shit together

But in your 20s you get away with a lot more and people pass of any problems as just a youth thing that will pass as you mature.

I really don't understand how anyone could enjoy a life with that much pressure being put on them and I don't understand why more people don't want to check out early and only live through their "glory" years.

Idk if any of this even makes sense my English isn't that good.
Thank you!

Exactly my thoughts when I wake up or just have a stroll in the park.

On top of that, how can people cope with this greenwashing propaganda and other bullshit of Insta, Tiktok and so on?
Everything is about money or manipulation, the ones who care about the environment might be one of us poor souls here...

Last edited:
Reactions: kråkevind
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I don't know I'm mid 40s and my life is a complete mess, I've accomplished nothing, alone and a failure but I'm relatively happy. When you've been in so much pain that you can't leave your house and your trapped but you manage to turn it around even the small things become special. I'm greatful that I can go for a walk, cook a meal, try and meet people and strike up a conversation. Maybe things will change in the future but for now I don't mind living.

Reactions: kråkevind
Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
Brainwashing, like so many other aspects of life.

Let's use a marathon analogy. The culture in our society, is that you must always finish the race, otherwise you're a quitter and you're lacking in courage... it doesn't matter how many miles you've run and how much pain you're in, you must get to the finish line like everyone else. That's the objective, never give up never quit. Because life is precious and valuable...

But why is it so precious exactly? Nobody can seem to give any sort of cogent answer to this question. Or the question of why we exist and why would it matter if we didn't exist. People are just living their lives on autopilot. That's what I see out there in human society. Eat, fuck, make money, distract yourself with as many shiny toys as possible... rinse and repeat until you die. (usually of some horrible ailment - which you're also supposed to suffer with until the bitter end)

Reactions: Sheepgobaa, Passersby, Myexit and 3 others
DeadManLiving

DeadManLiving

Ticketholder
Sep 9, 2022
Brainwashing, like so many other aspects of life.
This, but in reverse. I have a stack of note cards I read every day reminding me of all of the things I'll never have, and that authentic human connection with someone special that's just betting on a Unicorn. I read all of the reasons for why it's too late, to little and all of the wonderful things that I've missed out on and all of the wonderful things that I will miss out on.

Hypnotherapy has been officially proven to have clinical efficacy for people who are suggestible in making them more likely to act upon hey trigger in a positive way as a form of cognitive behavioral therapy. Except I do it in reverse, self-hypnosis as a means of overcoming SI.

Also putting things down on paper makes a big difference and especially with dates and plans, locked down or encrypted of course. Like signing your own death warrant listing all of the reasons for why your existence is not worth the price for the non guarantee of some future goods which might be gained. With a map and locations where your body won't ever be discovered or rescued timely.

Then comes the actual physical practice and rehearsal of whatever method just like any performance, unless you a karaoke impromptu Superstar you're I'm going to chicken out when the time comes. But practice makes perfect.

The other is having a CTB ready go-pack with everything you need on hand because you are more likely to overcome SI during a moment of impulse, and when you have that moment where you just snap - you can catch the wave right on the mark.

Negative daily negative affirmations. Recovery, positivity, and hope is enemy, forbidden thoughts. Only negative.

Isolation. Taking initiative step by step.

Substance induced amygdala inhibiting drugs that make you do reckless shit like benzos and alcohol in combination with a bad day and moment of impulse should all do the job

Not recommended for general audiences. Just sharing my personal routine exit plan to actually make it happen. Otherwise I am afraid I'll just be stuck in a cycle of suicidal rumination needlessly for years exposing myself to excess unnecessary pain.

Reactions: Eudaimonic and Captive_Mind515
Davey36000

Davey36000

I'm not the dog in the picture
Jun 12, 2023
This is an assumption. Many people are depressed, just look at the statistics of antidepressant use.

But many people aren't part of these statistics and still suffer. They don't want to take these type of drugs.

So they might use other drugs like nicotine or caffeine or some other nonsense to cope.

Or they might be feeding off on certain kinds of emotions that keep them going (anger for example is very 'addictive', but ultimately a self-inflicted poison).

And some people are very good at hiding their emotions/feelings too.

And then there are those who are happy or mostly happy, I assume.

Regardless it isn't easy to find a completely sane person.

Last edited:
Reactions: Myexit and conarc
Dogged fellow

Dogged fellow

Aug 25, 2023
There aren't more people that are suicidal because they are too privileged. Of course, they go through all the things that happen while growing old but all the positives in their lives cancel out everything else.
I think this is a little too simple there are people thatvsuffer through the worst kinds of things, yet for some reason have the strongest will to survive no matter what. Like dont get me wrong for a lot of people that will be the answer but i dont think this truly answers it.

Reactions: アホペンギン
G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
I think there is a lot more than we think , i am very close to the edge but nobody knows. I don't want empty solution from them.

I didn't want to be born in the first place and i want to fix that problem by setting myself free from this shitty society. What can they do , really , nothing.

20's and 30's should be the best years of your life , mine was , but if its shitty , dont bother trying to reach 40.