• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

fakeplastictree

fakeplastictree

Jan 25, 2023
It seems very weird that air injection to self is not a common suicide method – is there a reason for this? I do biomedicine, so I have access to a lot of needles but 0 medical knowlage. Chatted with Perplexity about this for a while, and it told me that even 5cc would be ok, if injected into the artery (tho, up to 5cc/kg, which would be way more umpleasant).
The caused stroke probably hurts, and there is a big risk of brain damage, if the attempt fails but these seem way smaller risks than those of the most common (non-gun) methods.

So, is there a reason why IV air isn't the most common method?

Reactions: Seered Doom and mbad2k
Whale_bones

Whale_bones

Experienced
Feb 11, 2020
Extremely unreliable. Injecting into an artery is going to be difficult, if not impossible, for many people. You can't control where the embolism goes after it gets into an artery; it *can* travel to the heart, and then it *can* travel to the brain, but at each step that's a matter of chance.

Possible outcomes are stroke and heart attack; those are survivable for many people, you're leaving it up to luck whether it's fatal for you in that instance. If it's not fatal, you're left with a significant chance of brain damage, a heart condition or other long-lasting effects.

So overall, a very bad method. It's one of those things that might seem effective when you first hear of it, but once you start looking in to it and see what it would take to die, it falls apart quickly.

• Informative
Reactions: rosepanda, Mateira, rozeske and 4 others
fakeplastictree

fakeplastictree

Jan 25, 2023
Extremely unreliable. Injecting into an artery is going to be difficult, if not impossible, for many people. You can't control where the embolism goes after it gets into an artery; it *can* travel to the heart, and then it *can* travel to the brain, but at each step that's a matter of chance.

Possible outcomes are stroke and heart attack; those are survivable for many people, you're leaving it up to luck whether it's fatal for you in that instance. If it's not fatal, you're left with a significant chance of brain damage, a heart condition or other long-lasting effects.

So overall, a very bad method. It's one of those things that might seem effective when you first hear of it, but once you start looking in to it and see what it would take to die, it falls apart quickly.
How did William George Davis do it with such ease? Any ideas? He is where I got the thoughts

Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
It is IV not IA. The aim of this method is to collapse the right ventricle by injecting a large amount of air in a very short time. Only this way it will be fast, reliable and peaceful. The only way to do this is with a central venous catheter. The chance of success from a large vein in the arm is very low. There is no guarantee even with a central venous catheter. Bad idea.

• Informative
Reactions: rozeske, juna, Placo and 1 other person
Whale_bones

Whale_bones

Experienced
Feb 11, 2020
How did William George Davis do it with such ease? Any ideas? He is where I got the thoughts

A quick google shows that he was a serial killer who killed other people, not himself. Killing someone else is a completely different topic than attempting CTB, there would be lots of different things to consider physically and logistically, so I think that's just a whole new/different conversation.

Not to mention, he did it all in a hospital with patients who'd just had major surgery, so obviously had access to advanced medical equipment, the patients would already have IV lines/catheters properly inserted, etc. I'm not inclined to look more details up, since I think it's irrelevant anyways lol, but hopefully you get my point; totally different situation and setup.

Reactions: rozeske
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Nonsense from the movies unfortunately. An aneurism is not that easy to bring on nor that reliable if one is.

Endless_suffering

Endless_suffering

🤘
Jul 12, 2024
Actually the body is built to filter out air bubbles. I learned that in school. I was in nursing school. What we see on tv about injecting air for s methods is actually a lie. It only works about 1 in 12 times. And it has to be a huge amount making it an excruciating death.
Actually the body is built to filter out air bubbles. I learned that in school. I was in nursing school. What we see on tv about injecting air for s methods is actually a lie. It only works about 1 in 12 times. And it has to be a huge amount making it an excruciating death.
1 in 120**** times sorry

• Informative
Reactions: Whale_bones