Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

šŸŽµ Be all, end all šŸŽµ
Apr 17, 2023
I saw an autopsy on YouTube and I realized that's all we are, which makes this whole existence feel ridiculous and pointless. When I'm interacting with people I suddenly feel like other people are more than slabs of walking meat. It's as if we do have value somehow like there's this animating spark, a shining jewel, in this fleshly prison. And it's seen in the eyes, in a smile, in a radiant face. It's all so weird.

• Hugs
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, DeIetedUser4739, innominesatanas44 and 3 others
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream, binturong and Saturn_
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 atoms in a human
3,273,200,000,000,000,000,000,000 nm in the human brain

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
As far as machines go, we're incredibly complex ones at least, although some might say needlessly so.

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I find it more incredible that all we, and all life in general, really are is food and nourishment to foster new life once we die. Whether we go into the ground and rot and fertilize the soil, or whether we get cremated and our vaporized carbon and mineral composition takes to the sky, it does not matter. One way or another our remains are going to foster new life. We are really nothing other than a food source for future life. There's no getting around it. It's the cyclical nature of what life is - the true meaning of life. Everyone's ultimate purpose on this planet is exactly the same - to supply nourishment to new life upon death.

• Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: CTB Dream and Ambivalent1
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Definitely, it's weird. I remember feeling simultaneously sickened/ fascinated/ amazed when our science teacher dissected a rat at school and during a first aid course- thinking about the functions of our organs and how they can go wrong. It's incredible to me how we've all evolved to work like this. Other animals too.

But yeah, consciousness is even weirder. I often get the feeling we are all alone, lost children trying to figure out how we are alive, how we feel alive, what really matters in life. All the big questions.

Then, there's that weird possibility that it's all just random. That this feeling of consciousness could just be a by product of how the brain works. A happy or unhappy accident that stuck. It's all bizarre really. Then, you wonder if other animals feel like this. Or- to what extent and- would life be simpler if we weren't so self aware? Is it really a blessing or a curse?

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream, Starstruck, Ambivalent1 and 1 other person
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Ya rly werd mchn chemy come prsn chng can do diff, prsn say ok ok sudn chng this all werd human mchn ,me see how say injury damage nobod care all chemy puppt prtnd sad all but ignr me prtnd no hpn any

• Aww..
Reactions: Ambivalent1
Surreal

Surreal

Feel free to dm anytime!
Jul 7, 2024
It's very weird that we are the only ones with rationality. It wouldn't surprise me if science will find out having a rational brain is a mistake in our evolution. Aren't we too smart to deal with superficial things like eating, drinking, using the toilet and satisfy all other biological needs? Name on top of that all the obligations in society we have to fulfill and we barely have any time really doing something that's worth our time. This world isn't for us I think.

Reactions: sserafim
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
Well ā€¦ no one really knows ā€¦ anything