T

tuto170

Student
Jul 1, 2019
Hear me out, I've lived and worked in UK for 5 years and graduate at university there and have a legit history degree.

1. Brits are becoming shovenistic. (fascist trait).
    Many brits are being too proud to be living in UK, often have slur for foreigners, saying that their jobs being stolen and feels being occupied by European union. Even though they had most European Parliament's commissioners than any other country. UK received more cash influx than it was leaving.
  2. Country wants only skilled labourers.
    Many countries do indeed need skilled labourers, this how country advances, but UK has been clear to put out all low wage earners and unskilled labourers out of UK and make them leave or make their lives barely meet ends. This how Germany operated before WW2, they wanted top notch scientists and skilled workers yo improve efficiency.
  3. New ultra right parties emerging like Farage's "Brexit party" and conservatives moving more to the right. We don't see any new leftist parties emerging. Conservatives want to privatise as many sectors as possible and leave almost nothing to the public. Also cut cost on social housing, police and nhs expenditures.
  4. Brits who voted stay are now happy with Brexit happening - subjective perspective.
    I've got plenty facebook friends from UK who fought to the past minute against brexit happening. I had one housemate who was pro-labour and had strong leftist views. Somehow their opinions changed, mainly due to thinking it is better off with America or ex colonies. (Cultural and historical appropriation).
  5. Foreigners are more suspectible to tax assessments. Foreigners are much more likely to experience negligence with police and medical staff.
  6. UK intervene as major partner with USA in Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria.

• Love
Reactions: Xena87 and passenger27
Amorphous Blob

Amorphous Blob

Jan 30, 2020
Been in UK for over 20 years, in multiple cities and known people across all spectrums. The only points you've raised which have some validity to them are 4 and 6. I am only half british, my dad is Lebanese.
To elaborate on 4, I've spoken with lots who have changed their mind however none of them gave the reasons you listed

Last edited:
Reactions: WEASEL1234 and clandestine
passenger27

passenger27

In my beginning is my end.
Aug 25, 2019
The US is well on it's way to becoming fascist too.

HighwayToHell

HighwayToHell

Jan 29, 2020
I hate the UK. They'll throw you in jail for a Twitter joke but cover up pedos and rapists.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
It's heading that way it appears. Lots of worrying undertones were brought to the surface with Brexit. There are strong reasons for these subconscious cultural undertones that date back through many centuries, resulting in deep societal insecurities and false concepts of national identity.
We've been invaded and settled so many times and had the natives pushed out to the periphery that we aren't sure who we are any more. There are those who attempt to appropriate a national identity akin to the old empire but it's not strictly accurate.
It's all a bit complicated. I studied this at university and I'd be tempted to write an essay on it if I wasn't on my phone.

Reactions: Sensei
clandestine

clandestine

still rolling stones
Nov 17, 2019
Personally I tend to disagree with most of your assessment. As someone who's lived here my entire life I feel like a lot (not all) of the older generation has always been chauvinistic, homophobic, racist etc. It really comes from the past and some messed up views. I feel like the social climate has changed a lot for the better over the past decade or so in regard to all of that, more acceptance etc but there's still going to be bad attitudes from some people who are poorly misinformed, just like you'll find bad attitudes in every country, regardless of race, sex etc. But with something like brexit happening the chauvinistic people will tend to be more outspoken.

as for the stayers changing their mind, idk there's still people who oppose but no one has a choice anymore. Brexit has and will continue to happen. So it's just like accept it, deal with it and make the most out of it you can

Last edited:
Reactions: GreyMagic, GinaIsReady, Amorphous Blob and 1 other person
Xena87

Xena87

Queen of the night
Dec 9, 2019
You are absolutely correct! It enrages me when ignorant British people say "Make Britain how it used to be" and "We don't need the EU, we did it alone for hundreds of years" etc. It's simply not true! Britain has ALWAYS colonised other countries and rinsed their resources for their own personal wealth. Its horrifically racist and bigoted here in the UK. I HATE IT! I want to move to the USA so desperately... I am dying here.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnUK
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Fuck fascism, right wing and chauvinism everywhere in the planet. Looks like humans won't learn anything and want to return to the middle or dark ages.
So instead of cooperation with neighbors which is natural for people, the oligarchs will make relationships with the world superpowers and the people are fucked.

Reactions: Sensei