mentalhealthfighter

mentalhealthfighter

Lets win together
Jun 15, 2021
is it fair for me to have to live for my mom? Is it fair that i first have to try therapy, etc before she allows me to CTB?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Cathy Ames, Shivali and jodes2
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
It's a compromise that you might be interested in doing to console her. After all, unfortunately suicide is quite selfish and personally I feel like I need to stick around and try some things before I throw in the towel. I want to leave as little grief behind as possible. Well done for being open with her, it's worth it imo. I'm glad she has some understanding of what you are going through to allow you to CTB eventually

Reactions: rationaltake and wljourney
mentalhealthfighter

mentalhealthfighter

Lets win together
Jun 15, 2021
It's a compromise that you might be interested in doing to console her. After all, unfortunately suicide is quite selfish and personally I feel like I need to stick around and try some things before I throw in the towel. I want to leave as little grief behind as possible. Well done for being open with her, it's worth it imo. I'm glad she has some understanding of what you are going through to allow you to CTB eventually
yes, im glad shes working with me. but i really want it ASAP and that feels bad.

• Love
Reactions: Shivali and jodes2
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
yes, im glad shes working with me. but i really want it ASAP and that feels bad.
I know the feeling buddy. Maybe you can hang on in there. Try for recovery in the meantime, who knows, maybe it'll help

• Hugs
Reactions: Shivali and mentalhealthfighter
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Nobody should be guilt tripped and forced into living against their wishes, suicide is a personal decision and nobody else should have any say in it. I also believe that nobody should have to try therapy if they don't want to. We never asked for any of this life in the first place so therefore we have no obligations to live.

We live in a world where suicide is so stigmatised after all, so therefore I see it as best to never open up to those around us about wanting to die. It's unlikely in most cases that family members would ever give us permission to ctb as people are selfish and they don't understand what we go through.

Reactions: Pisceslilith, Hollowman and Lonerzepam
Lonerzepam

Lonerzepam

O'lord! I Have My Doubts
Sep 2, 2022
I thought you said ur meds are working in recovery. Why do you still consider ctb so badly?

mentalhealthfighter

mentalhealthfighter

Lets win together
Jun 15, 2021
I thought you said ur meds are working in recovery. Why do you still consider ctb so badly?
Because I still feel like shit. And I have small seizures from it.

• Aww..
Reactions: ctdj, Cathy Ames and wljourney
wljourney

wljourney

Waiting for the bus
Apr 2, 2022
Generally I agree that the decision to CTB is somewhat selfish. However (!) it is also selfish of others to keep you from CTBing because they don't want to lose you. One inflicts pain on them (the loss and grief), the other inflicts pain on you (continuing to live).

I think just like @jodes2 said, it's a compromise.
You are being asked to give treatment a fair chance.
You are being asked to give your mom a fair chance by letting her try and help you.

If you decide to CTB after all options have failed/run out, it will be easier for your mom to accept your decision.
It will be easier to deal with the grief and loss that she will no doubt struggle with.

So, I think you giving treatment a chance (not forever, but for a while) is an act of kindness towards her.

It kinda boils down to a philosophical question that I have been asking myself for a while:
What do we owe to each other?

How much care should we take for others and how much care should we take of ourselves. I think there is a balance to strike, but everyone has to decide where that balance is.

• Love
Reactions: rationaltake, emgrl and jodes2
mentalhealthfighter

mentalhealthfighter

Lets win together
Jun 15, 2021
Generally I agree that the decision to CTB is somewhat selfish. However (!) it is also selfish of others to keep you from CTBing because they don't want to lose you. One inflicts pain on them (the loss and grief), the other inflicts pain on you (continuing to live).

You are being asked to give your mom a fair chance by letting her try and help you.

If you decide to CTB after all options have failed/run out, it will be easier for your mom to accept your decision.
It will be easier to deal with the grief and loss that she will no doubt struggle with.

So, I think you giving treatment a chance (not forever, but for a while) is an act of kindness towards her.

It kinda boils down to a philosophical question that I have been asking myself for a while:

How much care should we take for others and how much care should we take of ourselves. I think there is a balance to strike, but everyone has to decide where that balance is.
Tbh she doesn't understand my pain so I feel like it's justified jumping a train

• Hugs
Reactions: wljourney
Lonerzepam

Lonerzepam

O'lord! I Have My Doubts
Sep 2, 2022
Because I still feel like shit. And I have small seizures from it.
I get that. But for seizures there are longterm meds like keppra, lamotrigine and clonazepam. Lamotrigine is good cuz it's also an antidepressant and mood stabalizer. But many people can't tolerate it. As for the still feel like shit part maybe do some exercise, go outside, eat healthy, regular sleep pattern, do some hobbies, get your blood checked from a doctor maybe you have some lacks and need supplements for it like vitamin D or K for example, maybe pop some molly I know ur schizophrenic but yeah i think it might be worth it if u consider ctb anyways as a last option but what do i know. But look it up first if u decide on doing anything and as of always it's your decision. Best of luck bro

• Hugs
Reactions: mentalhealthfighter
wljourney

wljourney

Waiting for the bus
Apr 2, 2022
Tbh she doesn't understand my pain so I feel like it's justified jumping a train
Nobody who isn't going through what we are going through will ever understand the pain we are in.
Not doctors. Not friends. Not family.
Only lived experience can give a glimpse of the pain we are feeling.
I think that's why most members on SaSu are supportive and empathetic with our wish to CTB. They know what it means.

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake and mentalhealthfighter
Hollowillow

Hollowillow

I want throat hugs & anime! Can't use chat pm me
Aug 7, 2022
Mothers can abort even if the baby wanted to live. I bet dads coerced abortions at least once. China aborted by force.

If you want to abort yourself it's your life, you're the only one who has a right to choose.

But try the B vitamins first. Lots of it. Ban food that are processed. Eat greens & meat. Stuff high in B & C. Maybe it's an allergy. Hell even laundry soap can fuck us up if we're allergic.

Giving him seizure isn't a fair treatment.

• Wow
M

Maríasp

Jul 28, 2022
is it fair for me to have to live for my mom? Is it fair that i first have to try therapy, etc before she allows me to CTB?
in my opinion it's just for her, no mother should lose a child, it's the most horrible thing that can happen to a person. I think you should try to improve (if you can) and make your mother happy, she is surely the happiest in the world noticing and having your presence, sorry if you can't do anything, I was just answering your question. A kiss!!

F

Funeralprincess

Death never turned on me
May 8, 2022
In my experience after being suicidal and having many attempts, and having people try to convince me to stay and give life "just one more shot" it was never just "one more shot". It was continued pressure to live and threatening to ship me somewhere… working with her will eventually lead to continued suggestions for you to stay alive. It is not fair or morally right to coerce someone to live for another. Think of it this way… ANY thing could happen to your mom. She could die tomorrow, get sick, disappear, etc. my point in saying that is life is not guaranteed or promised so when we live for others we could be digging a deeper hole for ourselves.
And for those saying suicide is selfish… why are you here? Why are you on a forum if you feel it's a selfish and self centered thing to do? Are you even really suicidal at that point? I'd question the legitimacy of ones "pain" if they're avidly saying suicide is just a selfish choice. Most people who commit aren't doing it from that type of mentality….
What's selfish is being neurotypical and having ZERO disabilities of the mind and saying a mentally ill person should stay alive solely because it benefits you because you are their parents, fake friend, partner, etc

Last edited:
Reactions: mentalhealthfighter and Hollowman