D

Dreadle

Apr 2, 2023
Is this enough reason to want to CBT? Can I be saved? Will no amount of therapy help?

I've been molested, raped, verbally abused and bullied when I was young. Repeatedly emotionally abused in relationships, cheated, lied to, gaslit, controlled, pressured to have abortions, have cPTSD and depression.

5 months ago my ex walked out on me, no closure, ghosted and lied to friends to justify his new relationship, lost the relationship with his daughter, lost his friends and feel estranged from my own friends, lost my job after being emotionally abused in the workplace got anxiety as a result, attended 2 funerals, lost my side hussle and lost money due to the ex. This all happened in the space of 2 months. It's now been 5 months since and things are still just as bleak. I lost 2 stone as I struggle to eat/drink now, let alone get out of bed.

I'm also deaf and have chronic eczema and fatigue from long COVID.

When is enough, enough? Can I be fixed? Or is it just hopeless. The quality of life doesn't look good.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: hag, deathLiberation, StolenLife and 3 others
Rumi

Rumi

Experienced
Mar 29, 2023
Standard talk therapy helps you to change the way you respond to your thoughts and emotions; it might make it easier for you to process and monitor your thoughts and change your behaviours to some degree, but if you are suffering primarily because of real-world problems, and not mentall illness, then standard therapy isn't going to make that much of a difference on its own.

There are, however, certain kinds of therapists who focus on helping you solve problems in a practical way. This kind of therapy might help you to get a job again, if you want one. They also could help you with your diet.

Maybe you have considered all of this and my advice is useless; if so, I'm sorry OP.

Jezzibell

Jezzibell

On my way out. Yayyyyy
Apr 21, 2023
Oh. I'm so sorry. What you've been through is terrible. I don't think there is a question like this because its down to whatever someone can cope with.xxxx

• Hugs
Reactions: Dreadle
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That really sounds so horrific what you've been through, it's disgusting how humans create so much harm, it's such a hellish world where there is so much undeserved suffering. But I think that when to exit this world is a personal decision, suicide could never even need a reason in the first place anyway, I mean we will all die someday whether there is a reason behind it or not.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dreadle