• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

nozomu

nozomu

Global Mod // will i wiN my recovery arc
Nov 28, 2022
I am asking this because if there's some kind of book or something I can buy for my little brother about life advice and how to do basic adulting things. Or am I going to have to write this for him before I CTB?

our parents are useless and I feel so bad for having to leave him behind but the pain is unbearable.

• Hugs
Reactions: Flaw Detector, Forever Sleep, damaged_soul and 1 other person
hungry_ghost

hungry_ghost

جهاد
Feb 21, 2022
I am asking this because if there's some kind of book or something I can buy for my little brother about life advice and how to do basic adulting things. Or am I going to have to write this for him before I CTB?

our parents are useless and I feel so bad for having to leave him behind but the pain is unbearable.
Thing is, there isn't just one book that encompasses all of the possible knowledge he would need to know to thrive.

At best you could likely lead him to Youtube, as there are so many tutorials for pretty much everything, and that way he can have a visual guide on whatever he is looking for.

Reactions: Forever Sleep
nozomu

nozomu

Nov 28, 2022
Thing is, there isn't just one book that encompasses all of the possible knowledge he would need to know to thrive.

At best you could likely lead him to Youtube, as there are so many tutorials for pretty much everything, and that way he can have a visual guide on whatever he is looking for.
True. I guess I better get working on writing the stuff I wish I knew

• Hugs
Reactions: Cathy Ames and Forever Sleep
Rainy_days

Rainy_days

Experienced
Dec 21, 2022
If it's things like doing dishes and laundry, it might be meaningful to have him do them with you and teach him that way.

Reactions: damaged_soul
nozomu

nozomu

Nov 28, 2022
If it's things like doing dishes and laundry, it might be meaningful to have him do them with you and teach him that way.
Some things like that, some more abstract. He doesn't live near me though

releasespieces

releasespieces

Poles are shifting, death is looming
Jun 26, 2022

I would use a personal touch and either write things down for him or do things with him. If I were to buy a book of some sort I think I'd find something more philosophical. Philosophy can be applied to all aspects of life in a variety of ways.

Reactions: nozomu and Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think that's such a lovely thing to do. I'm sure he'll treasure it- no matter what you write. Just the sheer fact that you cared about him so much. I treasure the notes that were left to me by deceased relatives.

I do agree with @Sufi - YouTube has been fab for day to day life stuff- like- How do I clean the filter on my washing machine? etc. Still, I think your personal findings in life will be really lovely too. Partly just so he can feel close to you again. Good luck with it.

Reactions: donealready and nozomu
nozomu

nozomu

Nov 28, 2022
I think that's such a lovely thing to do. I'm sure he'll treasure it- no matter what you write. Just the sheer fact that you cared about him so much. I treasure the notes that were left to me by deceased relatives.

I do agree with @Sufi - YouTube has been fab for day to day life stuff- like- How do I clean the filter on my washing machine? etc. Still, I think your personal findings in life will be really lovely too. Partly just so he can feel close to you again. Good luck with it.
I'll have to work on this before I CTB then
I would use a personal touch and either write things down for him or do things with him. If I were to buy a book of some sort I think I'd find something more philosophical. Philosophy can be applied to all aspects of life in a variety of ways.
Makes sense. I mostly wanna just write down stuff I wish I knew

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Cathy Ames, Forever Sleep and releasespieces