OneBigBlur

OneBigBlur

Experienced
Nov 30, 2019
I'm not sure that there is, at least for me. My family is full of horrible people and my words would only be filled with the resentment I've bottled up for most of my life, they don't deserve an explanation. I've thought about saying some nice things to my current and past therapist and I've thought in great detail as to what I want to say but I don't see the point. Anything I write will fall on deaf ears just like it did when I was alive and nobody has ever cared beyond keeping me breathing for their misguided sense of morality.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Str1der, Moonicide, Azzy69 and 4 others
M

Mizzmini45

Arcanist
Dec 1, 2019
I'm not writing one. My dad wrote one and so did my godfather when they both committed suicide but no point to me.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Moonicide, WhyIsLife56 and OneBigBlur
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I'm writing them and I might give them to people ahead of time, in case they want to discuss them with me! Like - here is my note I will leave you after I CTB (if I CTB)...anything you want to say or ask?

I've been asking my family to say goodbye to me so they know in advance what might happen.

but yes, if your family are shitty, fuck them. In my will, I am totally specifying which family members are under no circumstances to come to my funeral. I am not sure they would bother - but just want to ensure they are not involved.

• Hugs
Reactions: domedune, Moonicide, voyager and 3 others
OneBigBlur

OneBigBlur

Experienced
Nov 30, 2019
I'm writing them and I might give them to people ahead of time, in case they want to discuss them with me! Like - here is my note I will leave you after I CTB (if I CTB)...anything you want to say or ask?

I've been asking my family to say goodbye to me so they know in advance what might happen.

but yes, if your family are shitty, fuck them. In my will, I am totally specifying which family members are under no circumstances to come to my funeral. I am not sure they would bother - but just want to ensure they are not involved.

Wouldn't you be committed to the psych ward for doing that?

Mariomcfly

Mariomcfly

Student
Jun 2, 2019
I would for sure but some family members just want what's best for us maybe littlejems family is like that. Kinda like some family members are ok when their love one is going thru a terminal disease they become ok hence why some place have legalize assisted euthanasia.

Reactions: starshotplagues and LittleJem
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
i'm definitely writing many notes for the people i loved in my life, but that's because they will be devastated by my passing and i want to make it very clear that it was not their fault in any way, also a final goodbye that explains my reasons. maybe they will understand me a little better and feel less pain.

but if you truly have no one then you shouldn't bother with it if that's what you want, writing a note can be cathartic in a way but it can also be a very hard thing to do, this is the last thing that people will remember about you after all.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: domedune, Moonicide, voyager and 3 others
L

LivingToLong

Experienced
Feb 23, 2019
No, no point. Your words will be misunderstood. Or twisted to mean something they don't. Reasons are usually complex and impossible to explain (even if you know them) so writing them will mean they get interpreted and probably become something they aren't. I wouldn't write reasons.

If I was going to write something, I'd write something totally bizarre. Like 'Don't forget to feed the cat' - I don't have a cat.

• Love
Reactions: voyager, LittleJem, _Minsk and 1 other person
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Antinatalism + Efilism ❤️
Nov 4, 2019
No, no point. Your words will be misunderstood. Or twisted to mean something they don't. Reasons are usually complex and impossible to explain (even if you know them) so writing them will mean they get interpreted and probably become something they aren't. I wouldn't write reasons.

If I was going to write something, I'd write something totally bizarre. Like 'Don't forget to feed the cat' - I don't have a cat.
That would be hilarious lol

• Love
Reactions: LittleJem
NeCkDeEp

NeCkDeEp

Experienced
Nov 30, 2019
I've wrote only letters for 3 of my closest friends however I do believe that there's no point in sending the good bye letter to 2 of them, 2 of them haven't been happy and supportive at all about the failed attempt and would only like me to stay alive for their own sake.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: domedune, Isittimetogonola, Moonicide and 2 others
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
A common estimate is that only one in four, give or take, writes a suicide note. I can only speculate why the figure is so low. Is it a good idea? I think it differs from person to person. There are many factors to take into account: one's reason for leaving, life situation, survivors, method, and so on. My plan is to make my departure look like an accidental overdose, and if I go through with that a suicide note is out of the question.

Reactions: Time and OneBigBlur
H

Heart of Ice

Chillin'
Sep 26, 2019
You might as well explain your reasoning so that people don't have to guess afterwards. That's my main reason: I want people to know that it was my own rational choice.

Reactions: Time, domedune, LittleJem and 2 others
Flume

Flume

Villain
Oct 28, 2019
I did, but I only said hey I want this and this person to know that I'm gone. Trying to explain my reasoning is just a waste of time, it doesn't matter what I say I'll be called sick in the head no matter what.

• Hugs
Reactions: Moonicide, OneBigBlur and voyager
R

Root

Student
Sep 15, 2019
I want to write a note but I don't know what to say. So I'm probably not going to leave one.

Reactions: Azzy69
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019

I don't think any pscyh ward in the UK would take me - as there are so many suicidal people out there. They would only take me if I had attempted/was attempting IMO. I've met one crisis team once, and they were bemused, as they really didn't think I was a serious enough case to be admitted anywhere. I also did not think I was - it was just a social worker I knew put pressure on my GP.

If my family tried to put me in there, it would make me frankly more decided that I want to go.

I don't know if it's helping my family or not to be prepared. My mum is hating it. But it is just simply my truth and I would rather talk about it first, then just do it and shock everyone. Also I really want to feel people have had a chance to say goodbye to me.
I want to write a note but I don't know what to say. So I'm probably not going to leave one.

There are examples online and on this forum which might be helpful. I've also seen some people share their notes on this forum for comment.

Some of the comments were a bit harsh perhaps (though that was to someone CTB who had a child, and I think people were trying to help them shape the note in the interests of their child)
My naughtiest pre-death task is an email to an old ex-boyfriend who I loved, and who split up from me. It isn't blaming him, it's just letting him know in advance, so he doesn't hear on the grapevine. partly as his father CTB. It just feels somehow like a better thing to do then him hearing on the grapevine, because of his history. I don't think it is a revenge email, I am mainly over the relationship. It isn't seeking direct attention, as I don't want him to reply under any circumstances. However, this does feel like the oddest pre-death to-do task on my list.

Last edited:
Reactions: Root and OneBigBlur
OneBigBlur

OneBigBlur

Experienced
Nov 30, 2019
A common estimate is that only one in four, give or take, writes a suicide note. I can only speculate why the figure is so low.

I would guess it's for similar reasons like mine because the people left behind don't deserve one and didn't make an effort for them while they were alive. A lot of people don't have anyone either.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhyIsLife56
Moonicide

Moonicide

ᴘʜᴀꜱᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ
Nov 19, 2019
Yes. I know if I don't they'll hurt even more, wondering why, etc. I want to provide them with as much comfort and closure during this time... I have written goodbye letters to my loved ones as well as a letter where I tell them my story and why I've chosen to end my life.

Reactions: OneBigBlur
MaybeMaybeKnot

MaybeMaybeKnot

No ctrl-z when you ctb
Oct 25, 2019
I'm torn. If I'm able to make it look like an accident, then writing a note would give it away. But I also have friends who believe their job is to help me not CTB, and I feel like I owe them an apology. I also feel like I should say something to my niece and nephew.

Reactions: Isittimetogonola
Mpez28892

Mpez28892

Am I or the others crazy?
Dec 15, 2019
I have an issue with over-sharing so maybe something that can fit on a post-it?
"I'm ok"
Or "YOLO" bc my humor is juvenile like that

Last edited:
MaybeMaybeKnot

MaybeMaybeKnot

No ctrl-z when you ctb
Oct 25, 2019
I wish I could just say "Be happy for me."

R

Responsibleresident

The deep state intrusion/cruelty is murderous
Nov 15, 2019
I'm not sure that there is, at least for me. My family is full of horrible people and my words would only be filled with the resentment I've bottled up for most of my life, they don't deserve an explanation. I've thought about saying some nice things to my current and past therapist and I've thought in great detail as to what I want to say but I don't see the point. Anything I write will fall on deaf ears just like it did when I was alive and nobody has ever cared beyond keeping me breathing for their misguided sense of morality.
It depend on your reason for the note. I know everyone around me is aware and does not care. I have a deeply childish and evil family. I see no reason to write a note. They know what is wrong, what they did and they dont care.

OneBigBlur

OneBigBlur

Experienced
Nov 30, 2019
It depend on your reason for the note. I know everyone around me is aware and does not care. I have a deeply childish and evil family. I see no reason to write a note. They know what is wrong, what they did and they dont care.

It's about the same for me, even if I wrote in the note that they were horrible people they would make up some excuse that they treated me well, lol.