couldntthinkofaname

couldntthinkofaname

Mage
Aug 31, 2018
like for me it was sth rather small but looking back the impact was super huge

like a little snowball that rolls down the mountain and end ups as avalanche

edit: why cant i edit the title???!!!!!!!!!!!!

?!!!!!!

Reactions: RottingFlowerBrains, Lizzie S., lv-gras and 2 others
DeathBecomesMe

DeathBecomesMe

Student
Sep 9, 2018
Yes, happiness can be so fragile, one small event can cause everything to unravel. Snowball effect.

Reactions: MountainMonkey, RM5998, RottingFlowerBrains and 3 others
couldntthinkofaname

couldntthinkofaname

Mage
Aug 31, 2018
Yes, happiness can be so fragile, one small event can cause everything to unravel. Snowball effect.

yeah before you even realize what the fuck is goin on you lose controll over your life and then everything goes super fast

its so scary how fast you can fall down. it takes years to built yourself sth but it all can be destroyed within seconds

Reactions: MountainMonkey, RM5998, RottingFlowerBrains and 3 others
satou

satou

not yet
Sep 3, 2018
Birth.

Reactions: Coolchicka, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Abel and 5 others
N

Nofaith

Sep 16, 2018
Short answer yes.

Reactions: RottingFlowerBrains, DeathBecomesMe and lv-gras
G

GoneSoon2

Sep 12, 2018
When I was forced to leave my ex.

Reactions: RottingFlowerBrains and Lizzie S.
D

Deleted_9cKnXB34QG

Mage
Jun 26, 2018
When my dad lost his job (he was drunk 24/7), my parents separated and me and my mom had to move to a different place.
I had to change schools and leave my friends, it was pretty traumatic for an anxious, socially retarded kid like me... I was bullied in my new school for 6 years, never managed to make real friends. It fucked me up, I still have some kind of a panic attack whenever I see young teenagers.

I think this whole event ruined my chances of ever being functional, if I ever had any to begin with...

Reactions: RM5998, RottingFlowerBrains, DeathBecomesMe and 1 other person
couldntthinkofaname

couldntthinkofaname

Mage
Aug 31, 2018
When my dad lost his job (he was drunk 24/7), my parents separated and me and my mom had to move to a different place.
I had to change schools and leave my friends, it was pretty traumatic for an anxious, socially retarded kid like me... I was bullied in my new school for 6 years, never managed to make real friends. It fucked me up, I still have some kind of a panic attack whenever I see young teenagers.

I think this whole event ruined my chances of ever being functional, if I ever had any to begin with...

do you ever think about how your life would be different if that wouldnt have happened?

tynki

tynki

Arriving somewhere but not here...
Apr 8, 2018
Yes, there was a moment and then all makes sense.. they were a lot of moments.
And suddenly you realize that youre so fucked up.

Reactions: goxua
Caustic Cardinals

Caustic Cardinals

Enlightened
Sep 1, 2018
some people should not be allowed to procreate ! I love my mom but she should of gotten an abortion.
I know I know Caustic is awesome, my father however is rotten

Reactions: Slacker and DeathBecomesMe
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
My life went to shit starting November 13th 1992 @ 5:00pm EST

th

Reactions: Desperate_Soul, RM5998, Caustic Cardinals and 3 others
Brokenanddeadinside

Brokenanddeadinside

Arcanist
Aug 8, 2018
Yep after a really bad breakup I completely self destructed and that led me to fucking up my life.

Reactions: lv-gras and Lizzie S.
Lizzie S.

Lizzie S.

Experienced
Sep 2, 2018
Everything went downhill after my parents got divorced, went bankrupt and lost our house when I was 14. Only one good thing happened after that and I fucked it up because I was fucked up from that and had emotional baggage

Reactions: RottingFlowerBrains and Deleted_9cKnXB34QG
PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
like for me it was sth rather small but looking back the impact was super huge

like a little snowball that rolls down the mountain and end ups as avalanche

edit: why cant i edit the title???!!!!!!!!!!!!

After my dad died when I was 12 tragedy just happened constantly after that.

?!!!!!!

Sayo

Sayo

Not 2B
Aug 22, 2018
My father's first manic ep and the things that happened because of it triggered my first existential crisis and I've never not been depressed since. I was happy and absurdly accomplished before despite the abusive environment.

Reactions: goxua and RottingFlowerBrains
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018

Something similar happened to me, except for my parents separating. Sometimes I wonder if they should have split.

Hokay, story time! :ahhha:

In the span of the 2 years I spent in Dubai, I noticed my parents' marriage falling apart for the first time. The most dramatic part was my mom trying to immolate herself at the stove after a particularly loud argument. Since that, there have been many things, such as accusations of infidelity and theft of money.

I didn't see anything like that after, but I still heard all the slanging matches and felt the pressure to perform academically and succeed to prove some unknown point. The family dynamics are... fucked up on my father's side, and passive-aggressive on my mother's side. And I'm stuck between the two. It often feels... wrong. As if I was the product of a billion contradicting wishes and meant to prove many different things to many different people. I constantly get the feeling that my parents made sacrifices for me, but in the context of an investment.

And then in the middle of 7th grade, my dad's company in Dubai shut down, and we came back to his hometown. I entered a school that was composed of people from rich families, and it always reminded me that there were people who were absurdly rich and had some level of security in life. Since then, I've seen a slide in academic results (I somehow remained a straight A student till 10th grade, but then slipped a bit in 12th, and screwed up most major entrance tests except the one for the college I'm in). I've been lucky to be able to land a computer science degree in an institute like the one I'm in, but my academic results have gone down even further to slightly above average now.

Someday in the near future I plan to ask my parents whether they had me to prove to the snarky relatives that they could raise a kid in a nuclear family where one person was a designer and the other was a teacher. I don't know if they succeeded or failed, and I don't think I'll ever hear my parents tell me that they love me for what I am. And it hurts to not hear that, especially after all that I've tried to do to hear that.

Reactions: goxua and Deleted_9cKnXB34QG
M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
some people should not be allowed to procreate ! I love my mom but she should of gotten an abortion.
I know I know Caustic is awesome, my father however is rotten
My mom actually told me I should of died at birth

lost illusions

lost illusions

bye
Sep 12, 2018
It was when I realized I can't really function on my own anymore