StillWaiting

StillWaiting

Need cats to comfort me
Jul 28, 2018
Is it okay for you to decide that you will someday ctb because you believe that life isn't worth the trouble?

People believe that people who are under severe physical pain are ought to be given right to have assisted suicide but not people have mild depression or mental illness like OCD or the situation they are facing?

Ever since I have view life in a different way such that everything I enjoy are just small things in life and things that I have to go through everyday to enjoy these just aren't worth it.
I find it impossible to keep living on because I am just too tired to keep trying.

Seeking for medical treatment made me question about life even more when I have to pay money to keep myself alive to do things I hate just to survive.

Does anyone else came to this decision not mainly because of your illness but how you view life itself?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: alexK, Dead Horse, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 5 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
No, I don't think it's wrong to believe that there is nothing that life can offer someone. Life by default is meaningless and it only has value and meaning because we (humans) give it such arbitrary value. Religions were created by man to give humanity a sense of purpose, meaning, and of course to reassure and comfort fellow human beings that death isn't final, or that there is paradise after death (a nirvana, a heaven, a place of peace, etc.). In fact, I find that there are people who rationally realize that life isn't worth living and decide to CTB, not necessarily because of suffering, mental illnesses, or living a bad life.

Here is an article of an brilliant kid who decided that life isn't worth it.

Reactions: StillWaiting
TeenIdle

TeenIdle

Feb 29, 2020
No, I don't think it's wrong to believe that there is nothing that life can offer someone. Life by default is meaningless and it only has value and meaning because we (humans) give it such arbitrary value. Religions were created by man to give humanity a sense of purpose, meaning, and of course to reassure and comfort fellow human beings that death isn't final, or that there is paradise after death (a nirvana, a heaven, a place of peace, etc.). In fact, I find that there are people who rationally realize that life isn't worth living and decide to CTB, not necessarily because of suffering, mental illnesses, or living a bad life.

Wow that article about that boy was very interesting. It's sad, but life is nothing but suffering and being a slave of this society spending most of your life studying and working...

StillWaiting

StillWaiting

Need cats to comfort me
Jul 28, 2018

Interesting article. Kinda wish more people will be able to respect this decision or opinion about life

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
RottenDeer

RottenDeer

Rotten to the core.
Feb 29, 2020
I don't think your way of feeling about life is wrong.
We didn't decide to be born. We didn't decide to be in this world, to live, so it is natural that some people feel that life has nothing to offer for them.

StillWaiting

StillWaiting

Need cats to comfort me
Jul 28, 2018
I don't think your way of feeling about life is wrong.
We didn't decide to be born. We didn't decide to be in this world, to live, so it is natural that some people feel that life has nothing to offer for them.
Psychiatrists and people told me that I was young to decide that life has nothing and I should try to find something worth living for

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
No, it's not wrong at all.

departing

departing

Enlightened
Jul 5, 2019
It's not wrong. Only you can assess the quality of your own life.