Pryras

Pryras

Last hope
Feb 11, 2020
In tears typing this after a heated phone call......No one cares about me even if I died. Spoke to my ex over the phone saying I just needed someone to listen to me and he said if I died he didn't want authorities contacting him / asking questions. I feel stupid that I'm this upset over how trivial my life seems to others. Maybe I'm selfish and just need someone who thinks my life is important because I don't think so.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: a.h, lostangel, Ame and 8 others
PoisonedJuliet

PoisonedJuliet

You saucy boy!
Feb 12, 2020
No it is not selfish. You are not selfish for wanting someone to care about you. Love is a basic human need. (Or at least I believe that) you deserve to be upset about it. It's okay to be upset. It's okay to cry. It's okay to feel weak sometimes. It's okay to want someone to care. I care. We all care. So please don't feel like you are alone. We care about you:heart:

• Love
Reactions: Isittimetogonola, highlyvolatile, silvermoon and 4 others
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
God no. That's the most basic human emotional need. The difference between good and bad people is that the latter ONLY care about how THEY feel and others are just ends to that means. Your value as a person isn't defined by what some person says...it's innate. When others deny that value it's their failure.

• Love
Reactions: highlyvolatile, EvilGnome84, theguineapigking and 2 others
Pryras

Pryras

Last hope
Feb 11, 2020
God no. That's the most basic human emotional need. The difference between good and bad people is that the latter ONLY care about how THEY feel and others are just ends to that means. Your value as a person isn't defined by what some person says...it's innate. When others deny that value it's their failure.

This calmed me down tremendously, thank you
No it is not selfish. You are not selfish for wanting someone to care about you. Love is a basic human need. (Or at least I believe that) you deserve to be upset about it. It's okay to be upset. It's okay to cry. It's okay to feel weak sometimes. It's okay to want someone to care. I care. We all care. So please don't feel like you are alone. We care about you:heart:

This site has done more for me than actual therapy. Thank you for caring

• Hugs
Reactions: Isittimetogonola, Ame, highlyvolatile and 2 others
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
Not selfish at all my friend.

Reactions: highlyvolatile and theguineapigking
theguineapigking

theguineapigking

Useless piece of trash
Dec 5, 2019
Its not selfish at all. It's normal in fact. It's a normal human emotion. Most people want their lives to mean something. They want someone that cares about them and will mourn their death.

Don't feel bad about yourself,ever. :)

Reactions: highlyvolatile
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
This calmed me down tremendously, thank you

It's completely normal and human to get upset when you are ignored, blamed, attacked etc. There is value in working on what we do next. I have a really bad habit of getting stuck in it...going over and over it in my head...finding myself getting more and more upset as I do. I have to actively say "stop...don't let them take even more...they have proven they aren't worth that" etc and try to refocus. Happens all the time...in the shower, daydreaming, whatever. Sometimes I am better at not letting it spiral than others, sometimes not, but it does help a little and is worth the effort.

T

TheSuicidalEccentric

The universe is wonderful.
Feb 23, 2020
It's human nature to want to be cared for and care for others. You can't control that feeling.

marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
Your dog thinks your life is important x

MsMaudlin

MsMaudlin

This is the fierce last stand of all I am
Dec 8, 2019
I care about you!

Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
No, you're only human, most of us want to feel loved. Look at all those songs, movies, poetry that go about love affection and caring. You're not selfish, don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

S

s1mplem3

Arcanist
Mar 4, 2020
I understand your feelings, nobody cares about my life neither.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dreamless Sleep
EvilGnome84

EvilGnome84

Mar 1, 2020
I do. I don't know you at all, and I very probably can't be there for you in person, but I believe with all my heart that every single person deserves to be loved and valued. And if no one else gives you that, at least know that this stranger on the internet cares.

Reactions: Isittimetogonola and PoisonedJuliet
S

s1mplem3

Arcanist
Mar 4, 2020
I do. I don't know you at all, and I very probably can't be there for you in person, but I believe with all my heart that every single person deserves to be loved and valued. And if no one else gives you that, at least know that this stranger on the internet cares.
Thank you.

EvilGnome84

EvilGnome84

Mar 1, 2020
This is a very relatable post. It's so hard to be made to feel as though nobody cares, whether that's because some asshole undercut your worth or if your own mind decided to do that to you. I objectively know that there are a few people who care about me, but it doesn't really matter to me when I so often doubt how one of my closest friends feels about me. Then my stupid brain likes to leech onto that doubt and just go to town.

Basically I'm so sorry you had to go through this awful night, but thank you for posting this. I can definitely relate. And exactly what others said - you have value and don't deserve to be made to feel otherwise.

Dreamless Sleep

Dreamless Sleep

The eternal night before chaos...
Feb 1, 2020

For what it's worth, this stranger who also has not a single friend in the world and only a mom who half cares about her, understands how you both feel. Maybe we should start a support group. ;)

• Love
Reactions: Myforevercharlie and EvilGnome84