• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

D

DreamOfAnAbsolution

Jan 19, 2021
As the title says, I'm wondering if it's good to drink some alcohol before hanging myself. I'm thinking that it might help me overcome the survival instinct to breathe (I'm thinking of partial suspension using a scarf). I've already tried it twice (both without alcohol), and came close, but I kept stopping myself as soon as I was about to pass out. That's when I thought of drinking some alcohol, but I wasn't sure if it really would help or not.

• Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens and UninformedLover
UninformedLover

UninformedLover

If you see me active on here...its gotten worse...
Nov 12, 2019
I remember someone on here said that drinking alcohol is good way to get rid of the survival instinct. They were detailing their attempt and said when they drunk the alcohol they felt really calm. I never tried it so I don't have first hand experience - but all in all I think it will beneficial.

Like you I plan to hang myself and I plan on setting myself up then getting blackout drunk so I can't stop myself.

Reactions: DreamOfAnAbsolution
hopelessyearning

hopelessyearning

Jan 12, 2021
I wouldn't put that much effort thinking in alcohol and stuff Just go for full body suspension and do it alright! This is case you are really really really trying to finish it all If not then just keep playing around. Best wishes! :)

Reactions: Taki and DreamOfAnAbsolution
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
I think its effectiveness would depend on the person. Though some do recommend against it (don't remember why).

Alcohol was involved in all my serious attempts; it helped me start but did nothing for completion.

For example, to overcome SI before OD it was effective. But, when I tried partial: I could set it up, I could put it around my neck, I would have the intent, but I couldn't allow myself to pass out.

Reactions: DreamOfAnAbsolution
Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
There's a fine line. Too much alcohol and there's more room for error with your attempt.

Reactions: fent_dnm27, DreamOfAnAbsolution and liluglibih
Catlovergirl

Catlovergirl

Shan32- Suicide is only for the brave.
Oct 24, 2020
I'd say alcohol would definitely help as it would make me struggle to stand back up with a partial. I've tried it once and chickened out only cause of si so when I'm ready to try again I know I need to be drunk to be able not to have the strength to get back up on my feet but I can speak from experience if you get partial hanging right and the rope is placed on the right spot the carotid arteries its within 5-10seconds that you will feel you going to pass out. There was no pain at all at the moment.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pookie