ZomGuy

ZomGuy

Mar 1, 2019
Do you think that's actually possible? I already tried to ctb using a scarf a few days ago but I failed miserably..I attached the scarf to the metal bar of my wardrobe but it just didn't work because the material is too flexible..

I don't want to use a rope for reasons, so I decided to use a power cord. So far I haven't been successful, because the pain is unbearable. I know I just have to endure it for like 10 seconds but I just can't do it unfortunately. If someone knows how to ctb using a scarf, that would also help me alot.

Basically my problem is just not being able to endure the pain, I mean it should be easier using something like a scarf right even though it's not as effective as a rope or something similar? Btw, I want to ctb via partial suspension because otherwise I wouldn't be able to do it.

Reactions: Feline, Circles, I am ___________ and 2 others
S

SadShitSack

Sep 12, 2018
I'm sure it is possible, however it would probably be a bit more difficult due to inflexibility of the rubber.

Why can't you use a rope, if you don't mind me asking?

Reactions: BaconCheeseburger, 21Neberg, Circles and 1 other person
ZomGuy

ZomGuy

Mar 1, 2019
Thanks for your reply buddy..That is a good question...I mean I don't have a rope available, I could buy one of course but I think by using a power cord I would't suffer that much because it's rubber..I know this sounds very stupid maybe it doesn't even make a difference regarding the pain? Therefore I tried using a scarf because apparently it works and should be much less painful at least that's what I've heard..Let's say I'm going to buy the rope, how long does it take until I pass out? From what I've heard 10-30 seconds if the noose is placed very low (partial suspension)

Reactions: Circles and brighter
S

SadShitSack

Sep 12, 2018
I'm new here and suspension isn't my method, so I'm not sure.

But for comfort, maybe you could buy a rope and then use the scarf to line the inside of the rope where your neck is eith the scarf so it's softer?

The more I think about it, the more difficult and extension cord would be because you need to get it tight around your neck, ykno?

Reactions: BaconCheeseburger and Circles
ZomGuy

ZomGuy

Mar 1, 2019
Ok no problem I'm very thankful for every answer I can get here. Yeah that might actually work I'm going to try that. I've just looked it up, there are some people who succeeded in doing that, so maybe it works. Yeah you're right, doing it via extension cord is probably a bit tricky..What method would you prefer? I'm open to other methods, except for jumping in front of a train and jumping from height.

Reactions: Circles
Jiva

Jiva

I want ...
Nov 18, 2018
I think, make a loop from power cord is a little difficult. It is not too elastic. But i saw photos from a real suicide from India, and a woman on photos used a power cord for partial suspension successfully. So yes, it is possible.

Reactions: Feline, Wolfjob_dayjob, goxua and 1 other person
Jiva

Jiva

I want ...
Nov 18, 2018
Also nacist Rudolf Hess hanged himself by an electrical cord and succesfully died.

Circles

Circles

There's a difference between existing and living.
Sep 3, 2018
I think, make a loop from power cord is a little difficult. It is not too elastic. But i saw photos from a real suicide from India, and a woman on photos used a power cord for partial suspension successfully. So yes, it is possible.
If you're using cords like from electronics and tying multiple ones together I would advise not to use it since I've tried it. It could loosen while hanging and put you in a risky laying position. There are different strengths for different ropes most of it you'd could get like nylon which I'm using. You could you Manila rope but it's itchy and burn rash like hell around the neck unless you don't mind not being comfortable. Bedsheets are another possibility as a lot of pics I've seen used them but I don't know how reliable it'd be besides being convenient.

Reactions: ExoticAir and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
ZomGuy

ZomGuy

Mar 1, 2019
If you're using cords like from electronics and tying multiple ones together I would advise not to use it since I've tried it. It could loosen while hanging and put you in a risky laying position. There are different strengths for different ropes most of it you'd could get like nylon which I'm using. You could you Manila rope but it's itchy and burn rash like hell around the neck unless you don't mind not being comfortable. Bedsheets are another possibility as a lot of pics I've seen used them but I don't know how reliable it'd be besides being convenient.

Yeah no matter how I'm going to do it, my biggest fear is that it could somehow loosen so that I end up being a vegetable. Apparently even when unconscious, the body will thrash around trying everything to survive. A nylon rope seems like a good idea. Some study states that most people who succeeded used a nylon rope. I'm going to give it a try and hope for the best.

Jiva

Jiva

I want ...
Nov 18, 2018
In my dreams i use a broad natural jute rope. It is much more bad, than electrical cord. It is rough, badly sliding, uncomfortable, totally bad. But it is also the very beautiful material and use it tempts me very. Why not? A mentally healthy person should be not suicidal. And a crazy man can everything. So i bought a one nice broad jute rope and i have it at home.

Reactions: ZomGuy and YukiFox
W

Welcumtotherealworld

Student
Feb 12, 2019
I've tried, it doesn't work well because it's too stiff so it doesn't constrict the blood vessels in your neck properly. A static rope is better as it's strong yet flexible enough.

Reactions: Samuel and YukiFox
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
If it holds your weight and can get tight enough to compress your arteries, it's a way out. Test the cord!

Reactions: ZomGuy
Vaughn

Vaughn

Experienced
Feb 21, 2019
ANSWER; a power cord alone "may" really pinch the skin of your neck and pain - if IF IF you must hang yourself, you will be better off with putting a towel between your neck and cord - as this will be better to cut off circulation etc..

Reactions: Feline, Its911 and ZomGuy
ZomGuy

ZomGuy

Mar 1, 2019
I've tried, it doesn't work well because it's too stiff so it doesn't constrict the blood vessels in your neck properly. A static rope is better as it's strong yet flexible enough.

Interesting, a static rope is definitely a consideration. I'm going to use that or a nylon rope.

NoDream

NoDream

Student
Mar 27, 2018
A dog leach has worked for many. And its easy. Just do a simple slipknot.

Its911

Its911

Sociopath
Feb 28, 2019
Do you think that's actually possible? I already tried to ctb using a scarf a few days ago but I failed miserably..I attached the scarf to the metal bar of my wardrobe but it just didn't work because the material is too flexible..

I don't want to use a rope for reasons, so I decided to use a power cord. So far I haven't been successful, because the pain is unbearable. I know I just have to endure it for like 10 seconds but I just can't do it unfortunately. If someone knows how to ctb using a scarf, that would also help me alot.

Basically my problem is just not being able to endure the pain, I mean it should be easier using something like a scarf right even though it's not as effective as a rope or something similar? Btw, I want to ctb via partial suspension because otherwise I wouldn't be able to do it.
My original method was Full suspension but i was using a 220v copper twisted electric cable with a flexible kinda plastic cover... I still have it hanging in my kitchen and it WORKS. The only problem is when i tested it on a partial suspension, it would twist my head over to the left as more weight was applied, i have it with a slip knot and yes you do need to put a cloth or washing towel in between your neck and the cable to better apply pressure to the arteries. How ever i couldnt find the sweet spot(where you dont choke) so i have changed to the night-night method.

G

GeorgeEastman

Arcanist
Sep 3, 2018
Time to get me a rope and leap out of a chair.

W

Welcumtotherealworld

Student
Feb 12, 2019
My original method was Full suspension but i was using a 220v copper twisted electric cable with a flexible kinda plastic cover... I still have it hanging in my kitchen and it WORKS. The only problem is when i tested it on a partial suspension, it would twist my head over to the left as more weight was applied, i have it with a slip knot and yes you do need to put a cloth or washing towel in between your neck and the cable to better apply pressure to the arteries. How ever i couldnt find the sweet spot(where you dont choke) so i have changed to the night-night method.
Have you tested both above and below the adams apple? You should also hold your breath whilst doing it.

Its911

Its911

Sociopath
Feb 28, 2019
Have you tested both above and below the adams apple? You should also hold your breath whilst doing it.
I did and i just couldnt find that spot everyone talks about where you just start to faint without the choking

ShadowOfTheDay

ShadowOfTheDay

Hungry Ghost
Feb 14, 2019
To answer your original question, apparently it is possible. An eighteen y/o NYU student just hung himself in his dorm room Sunday morning, using a power chord.

ZomGuy

ZomGuy

Mar 1, 2019
I've tried it several times again and I'm having the same problem I can't find the sweet spot..The night-night method seems doable
To answer your original question, apparently it is possible. An eighteen y/o NYU student just hung himself in his dorm room Sunday morning, using a power chord.
Do you know if it was partial suspension or full suspension? I'm wondering if partial suspension even works when using a power cord..Tried it yesterday it only hurt as hell

Last edited:
ShadowOfTheDay

ShadowOfTheDay

Hungry Ghost
Feb 14, 2019
I've tried it several times again and I'm having the same problem I can't find the sweet spot..The night-night method seems doable

Do you know if it was partial suspension or full suspension? I'm wondering if partial suspension even works when using a power cord..Tried it yesterday it only hurt as hell
New York Post article, Mar 3, 2019. Doesn't specify. Just says "electrical cord." Sounds painful to me.