• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

feder

feder

I'm more scarred more scarred than my wrist is.
Apr 13, 2023
So because summer is already here and I have to wear short sleeves, I was wondering if it is possible to cut without leaving scars somehow. Or do I have to resort to cutting shoulders or thighs?
Wearing long sleeves is possible ofc but its super suspicious, plus I'm dying from the heat sometimes.
I cant blame the cat or say that I accidentally cut myself anymore so I would be grateful if any of you know a way to at least hide the existing scars somehow.

garbage01

garbage01

heavily dissociated
Jun 6, 2023
There is no guarantee that any cut that breaks skin won't scar. You can try harm reduction. Try using something more blunt like a pair of scissors. Or just smaller cuts in general. No way to hide scars that you probably don't already know. Try wearing something more light and flowy long sleeves fit for summer. Or makeup if you have any.

• Love
Reactions: feder
Asuka_irl

Asuka_irl

Looking for a partner in EU
Jun 3, 2023
Only if you don't cut too deep or get stitches for bigger cuts

feder

feder

Apr 13, 2023
There is no guarantee that any cut that breaks skin won't scar. You can try harm reduction. Try using something more blunt like a pair of scissors. Or just smaller cuts in general. No way to hide scars that you probably don't already know. Try wearing something more light and flowy long sleeves fit for summer. Or makeup if you have any.
I've tried using scissors before but its not the same. I guess there is no way to bleed and not leave scars, disappointing tbh, but thank you for the advice on hiding ill try finding something that suits me.

carmechanicer_keke

carmechanicer_keke

Jun 10, 2023
you could cut in places that are always covered by clothes, that's what i did at some point

meandthebirds

meandthebirds

by duster ♡
Jun 8, 2023
there really is no guaranteed way to avoid scarring, i'd say try to avoid cutting deeply if that's an option for u - or just SH where people can't see. take care ♡

• Love
feder

feder

Apr 13, 2023
there really is no guaranteed way to avoid scarring, i'd say try to avoid cutting deeply if that's an option for u - or just SH where people can't see. take care ♡
I don't cut deeply anyway just, enough to bleed for a minute or two. SH in areas that are always covered seems like the best option, of course it would be ideal to stop doing it entirely but I don't want to, at least for now. Thanks for the advice. Wish you the best!

Reactions: meandthebirds
dianxia

dianxia

Aug 2, 2021
razor blades don't leave noticeable scars. you know those single blade facial razors you can use to dermaplane? the blades are not too sharp and the scars fade away after a few days. alternatively you can try dipping wax from a red candle on your wrist, it stings but it doesn't leave any scars, it's my favorite harm reduction method bc the red wax looks like blood :) stay safe

• Love
feder

feder

Apr 13, 2023
razor blades don't leave noticeable scars. you know those single blade facial razors you can use to dermaplane? the blades are not too sharp and the scars fade away after a few days. alternatively you can try dipping wax from a red candle on your wrist, it stings but it doesn't leave any scars, it's my favorite harm reduction method bc the red wax looks like blood :) stay safe
Im actually using exactly those razors and they do leave scars for me,maybe im cutting to deep or idk? The wax method seems like a good idea actually, thank you for the advice. ♡

Redhat83

Redhat83

Rio:))
Jun 3, 2023
This might sound counterintuitive but make sure you're using a really sharp blade and apply very minimal pressure and you'll bleed a lot but the cuts will be small and usually won't scar because sharper blades produce a cleaner cut with less gaping and jagged edges and won't scar as much as there is less blunt force damage to the skin because you apply a smaller pressure to get the same results. Also I would recommend getting wound closure strips they massively reduce the time it takes for the wound to heal, reduce scarring and reduce the risk of infection 👍

crimsonpool

crimsonpool

hikikomori
May 15, 2023
if you cut really shallow there's a possibility it won't leave a scar/it will leave a barely visible scar but its not guaranteed and for me it took a long time for those to fade to nothing anyway so probably not in time for summer. id recommend doing it somewhere not visible just to be safe

• Love
feder

feder

Apr 13, 2023
This might sound counterintuitive but make sure you're using a really sharp blade and apply very minimal pressure and you'll bleed a lot but the cuts will be small and usually won't scar because sharper blades produce a cleaner cut with less gaping and jagged edges and won't scar as much as there is less blunt force damage to the skin because you apply a smaller pressure to get the same results. Also I would recommend getting wound closure strips they massively reduce the time it takes for the wound to heal, reduce scarring and reduce the risk of infection 👍
I have also noticed that If I just sort of "scratch" the skin with a sharp blade it doesn't scar. The strips are a good idea but it will be werid having them on my hand, still have to wear long sleeves. But thank you, I'll try to cut not deep with a sharp blade.

SomethingsOff

SomethingsOff

i need a permanent nap - they/them
Feb 8, 2023
Really light cuts, don't use a dull blade, and cutting in areas that have creases- I've been doing my feet because I have people who check me for self harm, so I cut on my ankle. Places with creases are kinda risky but if it's not a deep cut it shouldn't reopen, and you'll have the shadow from the crease that hides any tiny scar lines you have. Most people can't see really light scars unless they know what they're looking for, anyways.

cami

cami

the lonely
May 27, 2023
if you bleed, there wont necessarily be a scar but definitely a wound. i would say do it somewhere discreet, like your thighs or stomach and if possible practice reduction like some people have said. but i get if you cant, so all the best my love.

• Love