BlackMoon

BlackMoon

Peace-seeker
Oct 30, 2023
After 2 very hard and dark weeks recently, I started to feel like a great void inside me instead of my usual sadness.
It's still painful sometime, to be such lonely and knowing there's no place for me on this planet, but I don't feel this sorrow I had in the past anymore, while I still want to CtB. I don't feel the need to explode in tears as much as in the past. I don't know if it's progress in my will to rationalize my project, or even if it's usual.
I mostly feel bored, lonely and empty, like I was in a cell since a long time and that my situation was just the norm.

Just wanted to know if some of you were feeling like that too.

• Hugs
Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_, sserafim, 27ClubSoon and 5 others
Avoider

Avoider

Aug 25, 2024
I have cried a lot for the last couple of months. I deeply felt sorrow and pain to an unbearable point. Enough to bring me here, seaking for a final solution.
I don't anymore. I would not say I am not sad anymore, but I feel empty and exhausted more than anything. I still wanna cry sometimes but I find it pointless now.
So yeah, I guess you're not alone.

As to know if it is progress, acceptance or a sign that you're giving up, I wouldn't know. I strangely miss crying though cause at least, I was feeling something. But every emotion feels like it's buried deep inside.

• Hugs
Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov and landslide2
AmIForReal

AmIForReal

Aug 16, 2024
Empty discribes my mood fairly accurate. Maybe because I finely joined SaSu? A kind of empty determination, I guess.

• Hugs
Reactions: landslide2
landslide2

landslide2

Arcanist
May 6, 2024
I have been crying more frequently these past months. The feeling is not like it used to be, no cleansing feeling, no mini-reboot. It feels more of futility.

H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
Idk about it being normal but it happens. I've been numb and empty for a long time. The mind can only handle so much then it just shuts down.

-Link-

-Link-

Deep Breaths
Aug 25, 2018
"Empty" is what happens when you sink deeper than "sad".

In some respects, it may feel like relief. But this is a false sense of relief. Anhedonia. Inertia. Nothingness. This, the insidious nature of depression as it progresses from moderate to severe to extreme.

This is also where depression becomes addictive. Agonizing and yet somehow comfortable at the same time. Very difficult place to be.

Reactions: divinemistress36, landslide2 and Chrysalis
N

niki wonoto

Student
Oct 10, 2019
I often feel empty too. I'll have to admit, maybe it's because in reality, my life is actually still a failure, in a lot of aspects. Although I'm truly thankful/grateful for at least some good things that have started to happen beginning this year, especially with the music projects (yes I'm a musician). But again, in reality, nobody really knows that I'm actually still just only a middle-aged (just turned 42 in fact) NEET who still live with parents, & still single. From the outside & on the surface level, people think I'm 'cool' & I seem to 'have it all'. Only very few people know the deeper truth & reality of the 'real' me & my life.

If only my life were totally different, eg: truly successful, famous, influential, fulfilled, & happily in a relationship, then maybe I wouldn't feel this 'emptiness', nor steered towards nihilism philosophy/mindset, nor being pessimistic/depressed generally about life, world, society, & existence.

But, reality is reality, sadly/unfortunately. It's never easy at all.

vanillamilkshakes

vanillamilkshakes

Aspiring Corpse
Aug 26, 2024
I hate feeling empty, it makes me feel confused. At least with sadness, you know what your feeling.

Reactions: divinemistress36