SettingYourself

SettingYourself

Oct 23, 2023
(The story is long and it's only vent/asking for advice) I am in college (20 years old now) and I have a gay best friend (this is important to the story), I myself am a lesbian and when we started hanging out we both knew about each other sexualities. We were so good together, like siblings. We always bursted out laughing no matter what we were talking about. It lasted for 2 months. I finally had a friend after long 20 years of loneliness. But he lately is acting very cold towards me, passiv-agressive and he often ignores me and my messages. When it's morning and I'm waiting for him, he passes me like nothing happened. It hurts me so much but no matter what he does I always forgive him, because sometimes he talks to me normally and it's enough to get me delusional. Out mutual friend and twin sister absolutely hate him for this. Not to mention his personality, he is egoistic, arrogant and probably sees me as his toy, since my friend and sister are done with his shit. My friend, let's call him Kyle for the sake of story, he told me that (let's call him david) David was talking A LOT of shit behind my back. I am so stressed because I don't know what the fuck is going on. My therapist, mom, sister, friend. All fucking hate him, but I love (not romantically) him so much and I can't live without him. My therapist and friends and family say that I have shtokholm syndrome or some shit, but I think it's not real. I talked to him today about all of this but he just said that I am dramatic. He always says something hurtful and they sugarcoats his words so I will forget about it. I feel like all of this is my fault but at the same time he is kinda manipulative. Idk honestly.

Enlighten

Enlighten

I am here for you
Sep 29, 2023
Maybe you do have something similar to stockholm syndrom? It doesn't make sense to stay with someone who casues you so much distress.
People change. Maybe he was pretending to be gay & is mad he can't get you? Maybe he's got his own problems? Whatever the case, you should not let yourself get treated like that.

SettingYourself

SettingYourself

Oct 23, 2023
Maybe you do have something similar to stockholm syndrom? It doesn't make sense to stay with someone who casues you so much distress.
People change. Maybe he was pretending to be gay & is mad he can't get you? Maybe he's got his own problems? Whatever the case, you should not let yourself get treated like that.
Well I am pretty sure that he is gay, because he made weird assumption to Kyle that I was in love with him. And maybe that's what bothers him? David also told Kyle that he doesn't actually believe that I am a lesbian.