J

JWL

Arcanist
Jan 15, 2019
Hi

My first post...

I have just bought a Mad Dog regulator and now looking at nitrogen cylinders from the main suppliers I've found on this excellent site.

At present, GAS UK is looking the best and easiest, most hassle-free first choice, but I'd really appreciate it if someone could let me know if their 20L cylinder would be good? 15L flow per minute, as I understand it, so what does that 20L actually mean? In short, how many minutes @15L would it allow?

Thanks!

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Final Escape, therhydler and 2 others
Hopeless_soul

Hopeless_soul

Soon
Jan 3, 2019
Hello,

Welcome.

The inert gas/exit bag method megathread has very good info on the topic. I will use a 40 cf tank, just to be sure. For the method to work properly, you'll have to set the flowmeter at 15 lpm, for 40 minutes.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, therhydler, sif and 2 others
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
IF this site refers to cylinders in general, and IF it can be applied to N2 cylinders, a 20L fluid volume cylinder should hold 3000L of compressed gas, so 200 minutes of gas at a flow of 15Lpm. Which should be five times your bare minimum. But if it were me, I'd call GAS UK and ask: "so how many liters of gas does a 20L tank hold, anyway?".

http://www.cacgas.com.au/20-litre-high-pressure-cylinders

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, therhydler, sif and 4 others
R

Robanon

"I know it's over. Still I cling."
Jan 12, 2019
IF this site refers to cylinders in general, and IF it can be applied to N2 cylinders, a 20L fluid volume cylinder should hold 3000L of compressed gas, so 200 minutes of gas at a flow of 15Lpm. Which should be five times your bare minimum. But if it were me, I'd call GAS UK and ask: "so how many liters of gas does a 20L tank hold, anyway?".

hi there. Can you explain this a bit more. I am trying to work out what litres mean in relation to ft3. I'm no scientist!

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, therhydler, sif and 1 other person
TheCrow

TheCrow

Invisible Spirit
Sep 26, 2018

Oh, good. I'm glad you answered that. I think getting the 40L would be a stretch for me, and I was starting to get worried that the 20L wasn't going to be enough. How heavy is the 20L?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, therhydler, sif and 2 others
S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018
Hi

My first post...

I have just bought a Mad Dog regulator and now looking at nitrogen cylinders from the main suppliers I've found on this excellent site.

At present, GAS UK is looking the best and easiest, most hassle-free first choice, but I'd really appreciate it if someone could let me know if their 20L cylinder would be good? 15L flow per minute, as I understand it, so what does that 20L actually mean? In short, how many minutes @15L would it allow?

Thanks!

I purchased the 10L from them, they called and asked what i wanted it for and i saud to fill my tyres. They were ok with that and delivered next day. Few days later i lost my head and was taken to AnE, i admitted i had the cylinder. They would only let me home after the police had come and confiscated the cyclinder. Gas UK picked it up from the police station and refunded my money. They were told the truth why j wanted it.

So be wary they will call you and probablu ask you more questions than they asked me in order make sure its not being used for suicide. Sorry, i proper fucked up not i fear purchasing from them is going to be hard for the next person.

10L is plenty of gas, its bigger than you think

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, therhydler, sif and 1 other person
R

Robanon

"I know it's over. Still I cling."
Jan 12, 2019
I purchased the 10L from them, they called and asked what i wanted it for and i saud to fill my tyres. They were ok with that and delivered next day. Few days later i lost my head and was taken to AnE, i admitted i had the cylinder. They would only let me home after the police had come and confiscated the cyclinder. Gas UK picked it up from the police station and refunded my money. They were told the truth why j wanted it.

So be wary they will call you and probablu ask you more questions than they asked me in order make sure its not being used for suicide. Sorry, i proper fucked up not i fear purchasing from them is going to be hard for the next person.

Good company. Cops took my helium kit from car and got me into a section 136 suite. Wasn't fun.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Final Escape, therhydler and 2 others
J

JWL

Arcanist
Jan 15, 2019

When did this happen?

Is it in general to say it's for home brewing (beer AND/OR wine) and also maybe for touring or racing bike?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Final Escape, sif and 1 other person
S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018
When did this happen?

Is it in general to say it's for home brewing (beer AND/OR wine) and also maybe for touring or racing bike?

Beginning of december. Yeah home brewing is a good cover. I dont know if they have changed their process as i ordered online and then the call happened but because the police were involved and the cylinder delovered to a home address id be suprised if they didnt question then next person who orders a small amoint for personal use alittle more

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, sif and TiredHorse
C

crova

Making death amazing journey
Oct 7, 2018
Buy it on ebay then. No questions to be answered.
Delivery: DHL 5 days to UK from Poland
£130 for 10L canister

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
J

JWL

Arcanist
Jan 15, 2019
Buy it on ebay then. No questions to be answered.
Delivery: DHL 5 days to UK from Poland
£130 for 10L canister

I checked that, and no disrepect, but...

If I buy from a known reputable suppier in UK I'd know what I was getting.
If I buy on ebay from Joe Bloggskowski in Poland, on the other hand...

Plus, are you saying UK Customs would allow a potentially hazardous gas through without some serious hassle-filled questions?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and crova
TheCrow

TheCrow

Invisible Spirit
Sep 26, 2018
@crova, I haven't seen you around in awhile. How've you been doing?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and crova
B

BlackpillAsshat

Dec 12, 2018
I think the 20L tank is the best one. It doesn't weigh like a goddamned 40L one and it has a safer threshold than the 10L.

C

crova

Oct 7, 2018
@crova, I haven't seen you around in awhile. How've you been doing?
O, hallo dear. Good to see you!
Christmas is no more happy time for me. Im more and more detached from regular life, departed from people, friends, family.
And I needed a short break from this place too!
How are you, girl?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and TheCrow
C

crova

Oct 7, 2018
I checked that, and no disrepect, but...

If I buy from a known reputable suppier in UK I'd know what I was getting.
If I buy on ebay from Joe Bloggskowski in Poland, on the other hand...

Plus, are you saying UK Customs would allow a potentially hazardous gas through without some serious hassle-filled questions?

No offense taken. If you can buy it locally from supplier you trust, who doesn't ask questions - thats the way to do it.
I received my tank without any problem from uk customs, belive or not.
There is a lot of products potentially hazardous, N2 canister is dangerous only when transported without proper care.
Its not explosive its not flammable. The high pressure is the risk factor.

TheCrow

TheCrow

Invisible Spirit
Sep 26, 2018
O, hallo dear. Good to see you!
Christmas is no more happy time for me. Im more and more detached from regular life, departed from people, friends, family.
And I needed a short break from this place too!
How are you, girl?
I'm sorry to hear that. It's so hard when you can't enjoy or get feelings from the things you used to, and you feel farther and farther away from everyone you know. It's very isolating and lonely. I understand.

I feel anything from blah to feeling like I need to pick a date soon. So, the usual. ;)

C

crova

Oct 7, 2018
I'm sorry to hear that. It's so hard when you can't enjoy or get feelings from the things you used to, and you feel farther and farther away from everyone you know. It's very isolating and lonely. I understand.

I feel anything from blah to feeling like I need to pick a date soon. So, the usual. ;)
We are on the same boat, girl. Many blessings.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and TheCrow