FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In my case it's all I've ever wished for, there's nothing desirable about any kind of existence, as the reality is that existence was just an unnecessary and dreadful mistake, it's tragic how existence disturbed the peace of nothingness, ultimately causing so much suffering as a result.
Only nothingness is perfection, it sounds so ideal to not exist for all eternity, all that appeals to me is an eternal and dreamless sleep.

And to me it only feels rational to wish for nothingness as one cannot suffer from the absence of everything, I very strongly believe that once we die we simply cease to exist and that is it for us, we are gone.
This is why only the thought of being free from this existence comforts me, it's such a terrible curse having the ability to exist and death means freedom.
I could never understand why anyone would prefer this harmful burdensome existence over the peace of nothingness, I will always hate how suicide isn't as straightforward as just choosing to never wake again.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sannti, Seered Doom, letmejoindeath and 2 others
wildflowers1996

wildflowers1996

Arcanist
Oct 14, 2023
if I felt happy and loved I feel existence would be worth it but I know that can never happen

Liminal1

Liminal1

Done with it all
Oct 20, 2023
I do think there is goodness and joy to be had in this life, but it is often outweighed by the immense ammount of suffering. I would choose nothingness over a life of constant suffering

ManByTheRiver

ManByTheRiver

Bliss
Oct 19, 2023
I would prefer and i believe in nothingness over something. Existance after death would be as depressing as life here, which it most likely would be since it's where people go, and where people go there's suffering.
Even if it was heaven too, pure bliss and all needs met, not everyone would be happy. Would they be forced to be happy by an unimaginable force? I would prefer free will over forced happiness.

Cage

Cage

Unwitting Baas
Sep 18, 2023
I think it depends on how you define existence. On one hand, there are people born and raised in nice cozy environments with very minimal suffering compared to the rest of the population, so their grievances are much more manageable and may even bring a sense of empowerment to their otherwise pampered lives. So their existences, as far as they're concerned, are great.

But then on the other hand, you have the fact that existence for most people is indeed very miserable and filled with pain and grief, and usually, the few people with good existences owe their fortune to the exploitation of this vast, miserable majority.

So, ideally, if we lived in a world free of exploitation and oppression, then I think existence could be a much better thing to aspire for. Of course there'd still be suffering in some form or another, but for all the good things that CAN come out of existence, I think it'd be a worthy price to pay.

As for our current world? No, not at all, the price to pay for existence for most people far outweighs the benefits. And it'll be a long, long time before an ideal society is achieved.

Reactions: lycheeginger
busreservation92

busreservation92

Oct 21, 2023
I wish there was a god and an afterlife but I am an atheist with common sense so I know there's no god and no point to all of this. It's very disappointing and makes CTB harder than anything.

jinx <3

jinx <3

💮she/her🏳️‍⚧️
Apr 12, 2023
A brief story.

I've spent the past week almost entirely alone and with nothing but free time on my hands. On top of this, I am between medications and one withdrawal symptom of the first is that I am extremely restless. I've had a sharp increase in motor tics, physical achiness, and suicidal ideation. I've gone on an hour long walk each day of the past week (something I've never done before) in order to use up my energy. Now, I'm actually in a manic episode and this has made the restlessness worse somehow. All of this has made death very appealing to me. I am in physical pain and have simultaneously more and less energy than a human body should ever have. It is not fun. This is not to mention just generally feeling shitty due to being isolated.

I say all of this not to divert the discussion, but to show that I also believe that nothingness would be preferable. But I also enjoy the way that mania makes me feel. I know that this is kind of obvious and that it's probably not healthy to enjoy it so much, but it has made life fun for the first time in a long time. I know it only happened because of random chance, and that not everyone is constantly manic (neither am I), but I still think if there exists the capacity to feel good, it's reasonable to want to live as long as possible to try and exploit the universe's oversight. It is understandable to me that we should try and take as much from life while we are here, sort of like sticking it to the unloving universe that we loved and were loved anyway. Maybe that's silly, idk.

Reactions: Cage
Cage

Cage

Unwitting Baas
Sep 18, 2023
I wish there was a god and an afterlife but I am an atheist with common sense so I know there's no god and no point to all of this. It's very disappointing and makes CTB harder than anything.
I used to call myself an atheist but nowadays I'm more of an agnostic. The idea that a god - a being that exists beyond space and time - can be empirically proven as real or fake is completely impossible. You may sway either towards being a theist or atheist, but neither position can actually be proven with certainty.
A brief story.

I've spent the past week almost entirely alone and with nothing but free time on my hands. On top of this, I am between medications and one withdrawal symptom of the first is that I am extremely restless. I've had a sharp increase in motor tics, physical achiness, and suicidal ideation. I've gone on an hour long walk each day of the past week (something I've never done before) in order to use up my energy. Now, I'm actually in a manic episode and this has made the restlessness worse somehow. All of this has made death very appealing to me. I am in physical pain and have simultaneously more and less energy than a human body should ever have. It is not fun. This is not to mention just generally feeling shitty due to being isolated.

I say all of this not to divert the discussion, but to show that I also believe that nothingness would be preferable. But I also enjoy the way that mania makes me feel. I know that this is kind of obvious and that it's probably not healthy to enjoy it so much, but it has made life fun for the first time in a long time. I know it only happened because of random chance, and that not everyone is constantly manic (neither am I), but I still think if there exists the capacity to feel good, it's reasonable to want to live as long as possible to try and exploit the universe's oversight. It is understandable to me that we should try and take as much from life while we are here, sort of like sticking it to the unloving universe that we loved and were loved anyway. Maybe that's silly, idk.
I agree with this.

The world's a shitty fucking place, but getting as much positivity out of it as you can is probably the best thing you can do. After all, once you die, all of that will be gone forever.