• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

astro

astro

recovery gang
Dec 19, 2019
Is it still legal in Germany to involuntarily commit somebody to a psychiatric ward even if they aren't a danger to others? I tried to find information on this subject online but nothing so far. Suicide is my constitutional right so they can't commit me for planning to make use of that right, correct?

Reactions: _Minsk and a.n.kirillov
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
It must be, because it definitely happens. Of you are concerned about this, you might want to visit this site:

This would prevent (AFAIK) psychiatrists from diagnosing you if you reject it and several other measures.
"Die PatVerfü ist eine Patientenverfügung, die ausdrücklich psychiatrische Untersuchungen untersagt und so die Entstehung psychiatrischer Diagnosen verhindert.

Ohne Diagnose aber sind psychiatrischen Zwangsmaßnahmen und einer rechtlichen Stellvertretung gegen Ihren Willen die rechtliche Grundlage entzogen.

Als weitere Sicherung nennen Sie in einer PatVerfü Vertrauenspersonen. Diese können als Vorsorgebevollmächtigte selbst dann, wenn Ihnen die Fähigkeit zu eigenen Entscheidungen abgesprochen wird, Ihren Willen durchsetzen. Damit ist die gerichtliche Bestellung eines Betreuers gegen Ihren Willen nicht mehr möglich."

Last edited:
Reactions: MorticiasHair and astro
mooncake

mooncake

Student
Aug 7, 2020
Is it still legal in Germany to involuntarily commit somebody to a psychiatric ward even if they aren't a danger to others? I tried to find information on this subject online but nothing so far. Suicide is my constitutional right so they can't commit me for planning to make use of that right, correct?

It depends. your family can't and even medical professionals have to prove that there is an imminent threat to your life.

Reactions: astro
B

bigdog

Arcanist
Jul 12, 2020
I drank 1 liter of vodka and went unconscious on the street in Munich. They found me and placed me in hospital then I ran away from there - the police found me and placed me in alcohol rehab unit from there they transferred me to psychiatry unit and as I understood they give you a court order to stay for 6 month or something. They didn't give me medication at all. I ran away one time they brought me back, second time they didn't find me and I made it to Austria
They said it is the law only in Bavaria