toseeyousmile

toseeyousmile

Nov 23, 2020
Hi everybody this will be my first post here, as for why I'm here, I'm contemplating suicide because of the guilt I feel dragging on my life and being a burden to everybody.

I am a 20 year old that's not done so well in the first 2 years of university and now on academic probation because I cannot get the financial support I would need, but thinking about it, I'm not sure if continuing would really be the right choice, I don't feel like I'm cut out to live a life, not even a normal life just any sort of life really. After wasting my days playing video games, eating and sleeping, I kind of feel guilty for everything, for being a burden to my friends and family, funny enough I even feel guilty for having this brain and body because I feel like it's capable of doing so much given somebody with more motivation. Anyways, that's the core of my reasoning for having suicidal ideations, I hope to get to know the community better and maybe decide whether suicide really is the answer.

Thanks for reading.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Lost in a Dream and Dizzylady80
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Hey, suicide is a permanent solution. You said it yourself, you feel like you wasted time with games and not doing well in school.

First, I would recommend looking into some kind of trade or technical school. You will make as much if not more than with a college degree, and not waste time with classes you aren't interested in. Explore and find something you like, then get good at it.

Second, you point out you spend room much time on games. I did at one point too. I wish I didn't, but I can't change the past. What I did was simply play less. Not cut them out completely, because I still had fun. Eventually, I did stop playing altogether, but you don't have to.

Not trying to be a life coach here, but I think you're in a good place to make some positive changes as you identified some of the challenges you are currently facing.

• Love
Reactions: RedHarlequin, Arrow, Lost in a Dream and 2 others
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Threesummers this is not some pro life forum?

Believe me, I'm not prolife in the slightest. But I'm also not going to tell someone to off themself. The op says he still has to decide if suicide is the answer. Maybe it is, and maybe it isn't for him. But the op identified specific problems that are leading to suicidal thoughts. I gave some suggestions that may help allay some of his issues. I don't know if they will work or not.

I hope things work out for the op, in whatever way he decides.

Dizzylady80

Dizzylady80

Experienced
Nov 5, 2020
Hi everybody this will be my first post here, as for why I'm here, I'm contemplating suicide because of the guilt I feel dragging on my life and being a burden to everybody.

I am a 20 year old that's not done so well in the first 2 years of university and now on academic probation because I cannot get the financial support I would need, but thinking about it, I'm not sure if continuing would really be the right choice, I don't feel like I'm cut out to live a life, not even a normal life just any sort of life really. After wasting my days playing video games, eating and sleeping, I kind of feel guilty for everything, for being a burden to my friends and family, funny enough I even feel guilty for having this brain and body because I feel like it's capable of doing so much given somebody with more motivation. Anyways, that's the core of my reasoning for having suicidal ideations, I hope to get to know the community better and maybe decide whether suicide really is the answer.

Thanks for reading.
Dropping out of college was the 3rd best decision I ever made. Community college is much cheaper, and if you wanted to pursue that you could take some time in between to figure things out

The feeling of wasted potential is such an awful, crushing feeling. I hate it. I'm sorry you're experiencing that ❤❤

Reactions: summers
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Threesummers this is not some pro life forum?

Original poster; life isn't worth it. Your time inside your boys room has probably made a substantial damage to your brain. Gaming among other things changes how the brain is structured.
It actually moves during the development phase 15-25.

In society's eyes you're probably dead meat.
You know... it's not a pro-death forum either. And that's an awful lot like the tone of your post was.

Thanks for reading.
I'm sorry you feel so lost right now, but you're definitely not alone. This is a good place to figure things out. I think with a decision as important as this, it's best to look hard at all the options.

For what it's worth, from where I'm standing, it doesn't sound like you're a lost cause.

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Did I say that? No.

Stop posting lies then. You know it's better to say nothing when you have nothing to say, right?

You know it's a pro suicide forum right? That's pretty much directly translated to pro death.
PRO-CHOICE not pro-suicide. There's a huge difference. We support everyone's choice to do what they choose with their lives. And the OP clearly said they were trying to decide what was right for them.

• Love
Reactions: these_days9, Dizzylady80 and Lost in a Dream
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
You know it's a pro suicide forum right? That's pretty much directly translated to pro death.

No, it is not pro-suicide. It's pro-choice, which is the reason there is a Recovery forum, as well as a Suicide Discussion forum.

• Love
Reactions: Dizzylady80
StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
Did I say that? No.

Stop posting lies then. You know it's better to say nothing when you have nothing to say, right?

you know there's a recovery section right

Reactions: Lost in a Dream
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I asked a moderator and he said it's pro suicide.
Who told you that???

Quoted straight from the rules:

"Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice suicide discussion forum. We support your right to live, as well as your right to end your life. No one should force you to do things you don't wish to do. We provide a space to discuss the topic of suicide without the censorship of other places, as well a community that can understand you and let you be yourself without judging you. Feel free to use this forum to vent, talk to like-minded individuals, or to empathize and offer kind words to other people. We all need and deserve empathy and support."

Reactions: Lost in a Dream
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
Tbh when I read all the goodbye threads nobody stops the person. I perceive that as pro suicide but each to its own.
I've asked a moderator and also drawn my own conclusions so please keep your thoughts for yourself buddy.

It's called respecting people's right to make their own decisions, buddy. No one is here telling people what to do.

Quoted straight from the rules:

How do you post so fast? You beat me to it every time! :pfff:

• Hugs
Reactions: k75
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Did I say that? No.

Why are you being so confrontational? You have people with hundreds and thousands of posts telling you this is a PRO-CHOICE forum. Do you get off on making depressed people feel worse? Have to boost your self-esteem by shattering others?