A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
With covid hitting the world right in the balls, crippling the economies of pretty much anything it touches, like a shitty King Midas, China, the source of the problem, and strangely enough, the country that shows some great ideas on how to deal with the virus has shown some interesting out of the box solutions to quarantine in close quarters and ways to lower, if not avoid progression entirely, or "flattening the curve".
Admittedly, I don't know how real the things are because most of the things I've seen come from r/scriptedasiangifs or just meme videos.
I do, however, intend to report just the things I've seen used.

The handshake replacement - footsie dance?
The premise: instead of shaking hands, which touch pretty much everything that can have the coronavirus on it, with a person who so used THEIR hands and touch potential coronavirus holders, do a retarded dance: kick partner's right foot (gently) with your right foot while they do the same at the same time, repeat with left foot. It looks stupid, but now, so do handshakes.
Handshakes were invented because people like to carry big stabby things and hide small stabby things in their sleeves. Refusing a handshake meant you're probably hiding a small stabby thing in your sleeve. And shaking ones hand meant to dislodge said stabbing thing from the potential enemy's sleeve.
Now tell me, when was the last you've seen somebody with a sword who not only carries it around on a daily basis, but also actually knows how to use it?
I mean, besides your parents using a meat cleaver to make a sandwich after work because they're exhausted, it's midnight, and they can't be arsed to do the dishes at this time of night because all they want is something vaguely edible before they go pass out on the bed.
Nowhere! Renaissance (sp?) fairs use dull swords, and even the most hardcore kendo tournaments still use sticks. Today we have guns, and if you really wanted to kill somebody, you'd go on whatever silkroad's successor is to buy one.
Also, you aren't going to touch your face with your feet. It's pretty damn hard to pull off, first of all, and if you have a foot fetish, considering what I read on foot fetish forums, I'd trust you, a random person with a foot fetish, to have your feet cleaned better than people without a foot fetish washing their damn hands!
Admittedly, this would probably go away once covid is over. Also, you'd need to be able to bounce and keep your balance for the foot shake, but still, it looks like grandpa is doing tap-dancing while being 80 years old.

Skype/WhatsApp/zoom/too_many_to_list BYOB parties.
The premise: people are reportedly arranging parties by doing a group video call and drinking their asses off. That's it. You need internet, beer, and Skype. There is, however, a problem.
With fuckloads of competing standards, while there are a lot of those going on, you can't barge in without the needed software.
On the one hand, it's good. If we decide to do a SS drinkout via, say, Skype, it'll be fairly private and we won't have prolifers barging in to shut it down because we see ctb as something that can be done without being balls-to-the-wall insane.
On a semi-related note, I always thought that song goes "to the windoooooow, to the BALLS!"
We could use vrchat, but not everyone has, or can afford a vr set.
I actually have an idea about addressing that, but that's a different conversation.
We could use SecondLife, which is kinda like vrchat without being forced to use a vr set, but that would require us all to download it. It's free, but it's pretty barren nowadays.
What's interesting about the last two in particular is that they are introvert-friendly. The human brain is stupid, and so, unless you actively get up and actually haul yourself to a public location, social anxiety oftentimes doesn't kick in, or not as hard. Bonus: you don't even have to put any pants on. Literally!
It's not my real face you'd be seeing, it's Compodulator's...
His... sly, knowing grin... his dreamy blue eyes... his perfectly chiseled body... :love::love::love:
and Compodulator is always dressed because getting naked is a pain in the ass.
A lot of social norms are ignored in vrchat and SecondLife because it's all avatars. Avatars are just that, they're not real people. Avatars can't be arrested for public exposure or put on trial for war crimes, but there's still a sense of connection because of what an avatar represents - a human. The brain seems to overlook that, though.
I haven't read any actual reports from people with severe social anxiety on the manner, because I couldn't find any.

To conclude, COVID, despite being a pandemic, have netter some good on the world. Mostly for introverts.
Frankly, I hope the skype drinkouts continue.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed