Eren

Eren

Si hablas español mándame un MP
Oct 27, 2018
For some years I have serious problems sleeping, and these problems are increasing, there are nights that I can not sleep even 5 minutes, other nights I get to sleep and at 4 hours I wake up and I can not go back to sleep, I never sleep 7 hours without wake up , I think I've only slept 7 hours without wake up 4 or 5 nights in what we've been this year 2020, it's horrible, and I'm only 25 years old

Similar cases?

Reactions: WinterFaust, MiserableBastard1995, Nem and 8 others
C

Cutepoison

Losing all hope was freedom
Dec 22, 2019
Yes. Have had this problem for about 1.5yrs now. It's awful

Reactions: highlyvolatile, mediocre, voyager and 2 others
ghostspace

ghostspace

ghost space, ghosts pace
Feb 10, 2020
I recommend getting a sleep study if possible. I had trouble sleeping at night in a very similar pattern (small amounts, not more than 4 hours at a time) and staying awake during the day and it turned out that I have narcolepsy.

Reactions: autumnal, highlyvolatile, mediocre and 4 others
Eren

Eren

Oct 27, 2018
I've been to the doctor several times, and all he does is take me sleeping pills, I've been taking sleeping pills for a month along with infusions to improve sleep like Tila, and I really don't notice much improvement.

I do not understand, I do not drink any caffeine, I have a sleep routine (I even respect that routine on weekends), there are no screens in my room, I do not go to bed with a full stomach etc ... and still do not I can sleep.

clandestine

clandestine

still rolling stones
Nov 17, 2019
I suffer with insomnia a lot too. I'd recommend getting a 24hr cortisol test and also adrenaline/noradrenaline. Stress hormones are often implicated in insomnia

Reactions: Abgrundanziehung
Eren

Eren

Oct 27, 2018
I suffer with insomnia a lot too. I'd recommend getting a 24hr cortisol test and also adrenaline/noradrenaline. Stress hormones are often implicated in insomnia

The problem is that I suffer from insomnia even in situations without any stress, even on vacations when I am at home without doing anything, I think it is not a stress problem.

• Hugs
Reactions: clandestine
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
I suffer from insomnia during periods of intense pain and stress. No matter how tired I am, my brain refuses to shut down. I sometimes collapse from sheer exhaustion, but my brain still keeps going and I am asleep and awake at the same time. It's excruciating!

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: MachinaArcana and voyager
Eren

Eren

Oct 27, 2018
I suffer from insomnia during periods of intense pain and stress. No matter how tired I am, my brain refuses to shut down. I sometimes collapse from sheer exhaustion, but my brain still keeps going and I am asleep and awake at the same time. It's excruciating!
I understand you completely, the same thing happens to me, recently I have even been without sleep for a week, still physically exhausted I could not sleep

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: voyager, Quarky00 and Epsilon0
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
I understand you completely, the same thing happens to me, recently I have even been without sleep for a week, still physically exhausted I could not sleep

I have experienced loss of memory and the ability to orientate myself during prolongued insomnia periods. The scariest, though, is the feeling of not being "real". Nothing, absolutely nothing has ever crushed me the way insomnia has.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, MachinaArcana, voyager and 1 other person
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
I just wrote to member (PM) that insomnia is the killer of mind and body .

There are many reason to insomnia , but it's always a vicious cycle. Fucks up you body , metabolism immune digestion coordination , and obviously cognitively , mentally . Insomnia also causes more insomnia .

Any 'nornal' person can have delusions or full anxiety from lack of sleep .

And that's also how they break people (torture). Imagine that .

:heart:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Abgrundanziehung, Bzrluvtriangle, liverpoolfan and 3 others
Eren

Eren

Oct 27, 2018
I have experienced loss of memory and the ability to orientate myself during prolongued insomnia periods. The scariest, though, is the feeling of not being "real". Nothing, absolutely nothing has ever crushed me the way insomnia has.

I understand that, during that week in which I practically did not sleep, it felt like "a long day" I had a hard time perceiving that it was a week. The same thing happens to me when I am without sleep for a few days, as it is hard for me to realize that they are different days, horrible

Reactions: MachinaArcana and Epsilon0
Lookingforabus

Lookingforabus

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2019
I've been to the doctor several times, and all he does is take me sleeping pills, I've been taking sleeping pills for a month along with infusions to improve sleep like Tila, and I really don't notice much improvement.

Ask specifically for a referral to a sleep study - you want to find out if you have sleep apnea, which can be treated fairly easily with a CPAP machine. And yes, not sleeping will fuck you up both physically and mentally, and aggravates both depression and sucidality.

Reactions: Quarky00, voyager, Epsilon0 and 1 other person
I

Indieblue

Experienced
Feb 10, 2020
You are not alone.

Reactions: voyager, MachinaArcana, Worthless_nobody and 2 others
Eren

Eren

Oct 27, 2018
This week, Monday and Tuesday I practically didn't sleep at all.

After 2 days without sleep, being exhausted, I get to sleep but waking up every 3 hours. It's horrible, I don't know what the last time I slept 7 hours in a row.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Epsilon0, voyager, MachinaArcana and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Less than two hours a night and not in one go due to having to get up to pee, hyperventilation attacks, mini seizures and various pain.
This for over a year.
Turns out it IS possible to survive without meaningful sleep, but it is horribly debilitating.
I've given up telling people or doctors as they don't believe me.
I sympathise with anyone who doesn't sleep. I miss it so very much, I can't begin to expound on what I would give for say five continuous hours a night.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Bzrluvtriangle, WinterFaust, MiserableBastard1995 and 8 others
S

S1mpleme

Mage
Dec 27, 2019
For some years I have serious problems sleeping, and these problems are increasing, there are nights that I can not sleep even 5 minutes, other nights I get to sleep and at 4 hours I wake up and I can not go back to sleep, I never sleep 7 hours without wake up , I think I've only slept 7 hours without wake up 4 or 5 nights in what we've been this year 2020, it's horrible, and I'm only 25 years old

Similar cases?
Yes, I got something like that now. Sometimes I can't sleep 2 days, sometimes I sleep 24 hours, really lost in time, especially annoying when I wake up in the night and have to buy food but everything is closed already or too far from me. Tired and exhausted, feel like 90 y.o.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, Eren, Meena and 1 other person
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
Last insomnia streak just ended at 11 days. I don't go into REM sleep, so I don't sleep. I also do not stay asleep. I don't know what a good nights sleep is, or what it means to wake up rested.

• Hugs
Reactions: departing, TimeToBiteTheDust, OpheliasFlowers and 2 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Sleep is actually fascinating. Why do we need it? Our brains have to go through all the wave pattern states for sleep to refresh us. REM sleep is an essential part of that so dreaming is important though many people don't remember that they have dreamt. We get all the metabolic crap washed out of our cerebrospinal fluid in the process, but why do we actually have to dream? Sorry, a bit of a tangent, just fascinating.

• Hugs
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, MachinaArcana and Eren
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I wouldn't say insomnia, but I have definite sleep issues. On a normal night, I wake up every 2 or so hours, usually in a panic. Heart pounding and racing, gasping for air, terrified. Sometimes it's for seemingly no reason, other times I can trace it to a nightmare caused by my PTSD. My flashbacks manifest as dreams.

I had a sleep study done which revealed severe sleep apnea. They said sometimes I was actually waking up around 90 times per hour! No wonder I never feel rested.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, Eren and Indieblue
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I'm so sorry I think insomnia is probably the worst thing you could have. I don't have it but whenever I have trouble sleeping I take about 300mg of Amitriptyline and it knocks me out for a good 10-12 hours. It's not the best thing to do but it does help me and honestly I'm past caring about any potential side effects.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, Eren and Jean4
Eren

Eren

Oct 27, 2018
Sleep is actually fascinating. Why do we need it? Our brains have to go through all the wave pattern states for sleep to refresh us. REM sleep is an essential part of that so dreaming is important though many people don't remember that they have dreamt. We get all the metabolic crap washed out of our cerebrospinal fluid in the process, but why do we actually have to dream? Sorry, a bit of a tangent, just fascinating.

I think that simply dreaming is nothing more than a "side effect" of the sleeping process.
Less than two hours a night and not in one go due to having to get up to pee, hyperventilation attacks, mini seizures and various pain.
This for over a year.
Turns out it IS possible to survive without meaningful sleep, but it is horribly debilitating.
I've given up telling people or doctors as they don't believe me.
I sympathise with anyone who doesn't sleep. I miss it so very much, I can't begin to expound on what I would give for say five continuous hours a night.

I'm sorry, your case sounds even more serious than mine, it's really hard not to sleep.
Last insomnia streak just ended at 11 days. I don't go into REM sleep, so I don't sleep. I also do not stay asleep. I don't know what a good nights sleep is, or what it means to wake up rested.

It's horrible ... I was a week without sleep

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: mediocre, Mizzmini45 and Deleted member 1465
M

Mizzmini45

Arcanist
Dec 1, 2019
Oh gosh it's gonna get worse I don't wanna scare you but I'm a lil bit older then you(late 20s) and I'm telling you once this starts it only gets worse. It's a mindset. Your mind clicked into something bad and it's keeping you awake. Good luck . This was the reason why I wanted to kill myself

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: voyager and Eren
Eren

Eren

Oct 27, 2018
Also, my mother tells me that I do not sleep because I am nervous, that I "calm down" and when I am days without sleep, in a bad mood, she tells me "with that attitude you will never sleep", they blame me for not being able to sleep, and that makes me make me even more nervous.

Oh gosh it's gonna get worse I don't wanna scare you but I'm a lil bit older then you and I'm telling you once this starts it only gets worse. It's a mindset. Your mind clicked into something bad and it's keeping you awake. Good luck . This was the reason why I wanted to kill myself

Everyone says that with age he sleeps worse, it's not something he hasn't heard so far, it's horrible.

Reactions: Mizzmini45
Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
I feel you. I deal with it too and it's hell. I can't sleep before 3 and I wake up early. Some nights I can't sleep at all. Then the next night I still can't sleep before 3. I tried sleep aids but they stopped working for me. I gave up because I'm tired of trying.

• Aww..
Reactions: MachinaArcana
liverpoolfan

liverpoolfan

Student
Jun 10, 2019
Been an insomniac for 20 years +.
Gulp down benzos and zopiclone - but if my brain isn't sleeping it isn't sleeping.

Funnily enough I sometimes have fantastic naps in the day time. But most night 'sleeps' tend to be short and full of nightmares.
In fact, I'm writing this at 6am, having gone to sleep about 1am, had three hrs of awful dreams - and then came here to read about suicide.
Luckily I don't work but not sleeping means I can't go to the gym and work out properly - which is the one thing I actually enjoy (if you rule out sex and playing music) and is good for me.

Ham Commander

Ham Commander

RIP in peace.
Feb 13, 2020
I've had this problem for a long time because of anxiety, one of the reasons I got into drinking so bad was because it was the only way I could get to sleep at all. When I was in high school I had it so bad I could never sleep at night knowing I had to get up and go in the morning, I actually started sleeping as soon as I got home from school instead of at night because it was the only way I would get any at all

Reactions: Busdriver, Mizzmini45 and mediocre
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
The problem is that I suffer from insomnia even in situations without any stress, even on vacations when I am at home without doing anything, I think it is not a stress problem.
Classic mistake of mixing up possible external causes for stress and actual stress which is an internal reaction. Do you feel stressed on vacations? Could it be that you have been stressed/ anxious for so long that you see it as normal? Could the stress be caused by the same reasons that make you suicidal?

Doesn't have to be stress though just a thought I had.

Eren

Eren

Oct 27, 2018
When I was in high school I had it so bad I could never sleep at night knowing I had to get up and go in the morning,
I identify with that, the same thing happened to me, horrible

M

Mizzmini45

Arcanist
Dec 1, 2019
Been an insomniac for 20 years +.
Gulp down benzos and zopiclone - but if my brain isn't sleeping it isn't sleeping.

Funnily enough I sometimes have fantastic naps in the day time. But most night 'sleeps' tend to be short and full of nightmares.
In fact, I'm writing this at 6am, having gone to sleep about 1am, had three hrs of awful dreams - and then came here to read about suicide.
Luckily I don't work but not sleeping means I can't go to the gym and work out properly - which is the one thing I actually enjoy (if you rule out sex and playing music) and is good for me.
God the thought of 20 years of this . That's worse then death to me.

Clut

Clut

Feb 28, 2020
I have this and its so awful. Its weird because I can go days, weeks even on little sleep and be fine then it hits me like a ton of bricks and all I want is to sleep and somehow the wanting the sleep makes me unable to sleep (probably frustration and thinking about wanting to sleep eg over thinking), I'll occasionally crash and have a long sleep and then it repeats itself. It's one of the things that's led me to wanting to ctb, so I totally understand and feel your pain. I hope you manage to resolve the problem

• Hugs
Reactions: Eren