Neurodamaged2

Neurodamaged2

Oct 28, 2019
Hi all,

I've been taking clonazepam 1mg and zopiclone 15 mg daily but my insomnia has been growing. My sleep has been dwindling down to a few hours at night. I'm even adding in Doxylamine Succinate (Unisom), valerian root extract and melatonin with no effect. I just can't seem to knock myself out. I've tried Sleepy Time tea as well. Nothing seems to work. For those of you with bad insomnia, what seems to work?

SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
When I was having a very bad time sleeping, and nothing worked or helped, a psyche told me to take my mirtazapine and propranolol at night with a little alcohol. Meds and booze? Everything I have ever read says the opposite. But, it started to do the trick. Now, if I have a couple of bad nights, I have my meds 30 mins before bedtime with a little rum and I am out cold for 6-7 hours.

Neurodamaged2

Neurodamaged2

Oct 28, 2019
When I was having a very bad time sleeping, and nothing worked or helped, a psyche told me to take my mirtazapine and propranolol at night with a little alcohol. Meds and booze? Everything I have ever read says the opposite. But, it started to do the trick. Now, if I have a couple of bad nights, I have my meds 30 mins before bedtime with a little rum and I am out cold for 6-7 hours.

Alcohol used to make the benzos more powerful but now it's like there's no effect. I've had two beers before plus my Zopiclone with no knock out effect.

C

Corraled

Student
Oct 11, 2019
Alcohol used to make the benzos more powerful but now it's like there's no effect. I've had two beers before plus my Zopiclone with no knock out effect.
I advice you to stop taking sleeping pills and give yourself a chance to overcome your insomnia naturally. It might never go away, but you absolutely dont want to get addicted to sleeping pills.

Reactions: D4R1NG and Deleted member 1465
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
The only thing that makes me sleep these days is exhaustion.

• Love
Reactions: escapefromabuse, Csmith8827 and mediocre
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
Sleep? Sleep, what is this thing you speak of, I go bed round 10pm, I may nap till around 1130 then I am awake until the morning, the morning and new day which starts at around 6am, I function on rum and hope during the day, hope I get through without too much exhaustion, but now I am used to it, I function some how,
Sleep, Oh how I miss you

• Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 1465
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Sleep? Sleep, what is this thing you speak of, I go bed round 10pm, I may nap till around 1130 then I am awake until the morning, the morning and new day which starts at around 6am, I function on rum and hope during the day, hope I get through without too much exhaustion, but now I am used to it, I function some how,
Sleep, Oh how I miss you
I hear ya. 1 hour a night and that in bits. If I have a couple of dreams I'm thankful.

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I hear ya. 1 hour a night and that in bits. If I have a couple of dreams I'm thankful.

IF I am fortunate to dream nightmares of the past will visit me, awesome things they truely are!!