N

now_or_never

May 20, 2021
Besides of my usual suffering which is apathy, now I am suffering from insomnia because of the meds I am taking (antipsychotics, namely cariprazine). I was happy at first with this medicine because it is activating, so last 2 months I managed to do more activities than usual. But I really can't sleep. I take trazodone, but it doesn't help, only combined with lorazepam, a benzo, I can get some rest, but I feel mental agony.

That's the best way to describe what I am feeling now: mental agony. I barely can read, or focus, it is difficult to research methods to ctb, or even to know if I really want it or it is just a phase due to my mental suffering. But this suffering is not new, it has been years of negative symptoms of psychosis, and that has left me unable to work.

I signed up as a member of Pegasos, with the hope of applying later on for euthanasia. Now I have the money to pay for it, but my will is not strong enough to start the procedure. One part of me thinks that I should wait until I'm 40 (I'm 38 now) or until my mom dies (she is 78), but another part of me thinks that life is such a bullshit, that I should end it sooner.

I don't know what to do, I wish I could get some sleep to get more clear ideas. In any case, I want to thank this forum for being there. It's a relief to read through the posts, and to be able to discuss methods.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: whatevs, markimobzzdeasui, Forever Dead and 2 others
LivideLamb

LivideLamb

I'm so decaying, feeling like an ashtray
Jan 5, 2020
I'm really sorry that you're going through this. Life's freaking unfair and we shouldn't have to suffer this much.

If you're taking anti-psychotic, that would mean that you're seeing a psychiatrist? Have you spoken with them about all the suffering the meds bring you?
Can you still nap, (even if you can't sleep)?

I wish you peace and sunny days ahead.

O

OldDrummer

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2022
What a crock of shit your load is. I only wish better for you.

I usually have to beat my brains every night with alcohol to overcome the tinnitus. I don't recommend it to anyone.

Reactions: now_or_never and LivideLamb
N

now_or_never

May 20, 2021
I can't nap, but yes I'm seeing a psychiatrist. Tomorrow I'll try to contact them to see if this antipsychotic can be changed for another one, or if I can take different meds to sleep.

Thank you for your compassion. I also believe that life is unfair and a bad business for everyone involved.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Forever Dead, LivideLamb and OldDrummer
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I am sorry that you are suffering so much, I can imagine that it must be unbearable what you are going through. This life really is so awful. I wish you the best in whatever happens.

Reactions: now_or_never and LivideLamb
F

Forever Dead

Student
Mar 5, 2022
So sorry you are having to endure this. I live with my Dad who is dying from stage 4 lung cancer. I desperately wanted to ctb a few days ago due to a bout of chronic anxiety and panic episodes that lasted 3 days, and meant I had only slept for a few hours during that time. I am just holding on for my dads sake, and when He passes then I shall hopefully end this pointless and painful existence. I know how difficult it is to feel that you have to hold on for your elderly parents sake, its truly awful. Hugs.

• Hugs
Reactions: whatevs and now_or_never